Pen blast animation

Could we please get this reverted to the old animation when 3.0 launched? I want to puke everytime i see this animation. It looks like my gun has so much recoil that i might get blown off my feet if i dont spread em. Also apparently, there is a bug with the 10m knockback and the 5th shot not hitting... There's another thread for it, but i just wanted to address it here as well.

I think many people would love to see the old animation again as would I. The old animation looks like we're carefully lining up each shot, not hip firing everywhere XD.

In all honesty I think the sound effects could be a lot better as well. One of the reasons why I can't play my gunslingers for long is the sound effects are appauling compared to the sniper's counterparts.

Going slightly off topic to which I apologise but one of the worst offending ones for me is takedown (or whatever the rep version is called).

In all honesty I think the sound effects could be a lot better as well. One of the reasons why I can't play my gunslingers for long is the sound effects are appauling compared to the sniper's counterparts.

Going slightly off topic to which I apologise but one of the worst offending ones for me is takedown (or whatever the rep version is called).

I quite prefer the gunslinger's sound for Quickdraw over Takedown. Idk why though.

To each their own, ofcourse. Most of the slinger sounds vary with whatever pistol you're using so you can change that for the most part. Quickdraw I prefer over takedown, I like the popping sound vs takedown anyday, but that's just me.

Same with followthrough vs trickshot...followthrough has almost no sound which suits sniper. But trickshot just sounds so cool, to me.

Edited by Burrowa

The new Pen Blast animation has actually kinda grown on me as of late. But if you really want to not see it, just play Virulence or Engineering... Both of them have superior DPS anyways...

Engineering not so much, it's fight situational. Lots of adds, it will probably be better. This may be different now though, with the change to your bombs being able to all hit their target. (Dummy parsing didn't mean much for engineering because it wasn't possible to get all your bombs to hit 100% of the time).

Virulence, sort of the same. Better up time, and heavy on adds would make it better then MM.

But, MM is just so much more fun IMO. More spammy, higher APM, don't have to worry about cutting off cull because you started hitting another ability too soon.

Most fights though, show Virulence > MM > Engineering, unless its heavy on the adds like I mentioned before. (Taken from parsely.io)

Yep, another one here. It's been annoying me a bit, threw off my rotation because I don't usually queue my next ability until I hear the 2nd pew.

Me too. When I first noticed that the animation was only getting one shot shown, I thought it was only giving one shot. However, after a while (I guess I was a little slow on the uptake) I started watching the mobs health bar and I was getting the full damage but the animation was only showing one shot. It threw me off for quite a while.