Madness Rotation

FerkWork

So I was asked to do Madness for an OP group and was wondering if anyone can give me a rotation guide as Milas guide only went into the Opener. Is it a rotation or more of a priority system?

As of right now I am only getting 3.4k-3.5k DPS with Madness while in Lighteninng it's more like 4.1-4.2k.

I am by no means an expert so take this with a grain of salt. I've been pretty happy with a simple priority system personally.

1. Affliction / Creeping Terror
  2. Death Field
  3. Wrath Demolish
  4. Force Leech
  5. Wrath Lightning Strike
  6. Force Lightning

There's some subtleties to keep track of too. If you won't be able to generate Wrath before Demolish comes off CD, don't Lightning Strike. Make sure you have Affliction up when you Force Leech to get the damage boost. Same goes for Deathmarks + Force Leech for the refund since the rotation is already force negative. Try to have Death Field and Force Leech eat Recklessness if possible, they hit like trucks compared to Demolish's impact damage.

Everything SHOULD line up properly. Have fun! I enjoy how madness plays much more than Lightning, personally, but I also have a tendency towards DOT specs anyway.

Thing I want to add to the above poster.

I keep Death Field (DF) and Force Leach (FL) very close to eachother. I do either of the following:

DF > FL

or

DF > Any dot reapplication, but only 1 of them > FL > The other dot reapplication if necessary

The second one I use when Affliction (Aff) and Creeping Terror (CT) reapplication will conflict with DF (and this will happen). I keep Aff and CT next to each other except when DF comes off cooldown after I use Aff.

In that case I do: Aff > DF > CT > FL

Then during the next DoT reapplication: DF > Aff > FL > CT

This way DF and FL are always close to eachother for Recklesness and all the other advantages.

Same thing with Demolish btw when it conflicts with Aff and CT. Then I do Aff > Demolish > CT.

Best madness rotation ?

/stuck it and roll a powertech.

I know this sounds like sarcasm, but I've been playing madness since launch and I am in a very unhappy place right now, because madness sucks at the moment.

Edited by DarthKurt

• 2 weeks later...
Best madness rotation ?

/stuck it and roll a powertech.

I know this sounds like sarcasm, but I've been playing madness since launch and I am in a very unhappy place right now, because madness sucks at the moment.

For pve perhaps I don't do pve but for pvp madness isn't so bad, just gotta know what to do and when.