The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SW:Rebels - season II

t-darko

Disney in charge, expect her just to lose her connection to the force due to an severe injury or something. She isn't going to die, that was so clone wars.

I mean, come on, they turned a Notorious pirate leader from the clone wars, into a Star Wars version of Goofy.

Edited by cool-dude

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disney in charge, expect her just to lose her connection to the force due to an severe injury or something. She isn't going to die, that was so clone wars.

I mean, come on, they turned a Notorious pirate leader from the clone wars, into a Star Wars version of Goofy.

err Hondo was no differant from how he was always depicted man.

True but Rex is another fan favourite as is Ahsoka in an attempt to get more viewers I assume, same with Maul who really has no business being in the show.

I do hope the rumours about Thrawn being in season 3 are true, I also want more characters instead of bringing back fan favourites all the time from The Clone Wars, those characters don't have much purpose for this era unless it's Mon Mothma or Bail Organa. If Ahsoka dies then Rham Kota could be a cool character to bring back into the fold he also was responsible for creating the Rebel militia in The Force unleashed the same men we saw at the start of ANH.

Thrawn was never one of my favorites but a move like that would still be better than anything ep 7 did. And I hope this opens the door for Mara Jade, my fave Star Wars character that actually preceded my handle :-)

New image of the Rebels' version of Darth Maul - in toy form.

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/02/new-look-at-star-wars-rebels-darth-maul-from-new-york-toy-fair/

http://news.toyark.com/2016/02/13/toy-fair-2016-hasbro-star-wars-display-193913

Looks cool.

It's funny, I actually didn't think anything could be more exciting than the idea of Vader vs Ahsoka, but Maul actually is to me.

I suspect it has to do with the idea that he's a complete unknown in this time period, with so many possible stories to tell.

Of course, Vader vs Ahsoka will probably still be the highlight of the season, but I'm eagerly awaiting Darth Maul. Hopefully he'll be worth the wait.

Edited by CaulderBenson

Only really two options for Ahsoka, death or disappearance

The former seems more likely than the latter, though I'd prefer the latter if they can find a good enough reason for it.

Hmmm, I have toyed much with this thought, my problem so far is that I have a hard time to get the same "feel" while watching the cartoons as I get watching the movies. The Clone Wars Legacy episodes is in my opinion necessary to watch to get the "feel" for how the PT Anakin evolves into what we see in RotS. Which really makes it a real need to put those episodes into finishing production.

Why am I telling this? Well, Ahsoka's Fate, from my point of view, would be that the fight with Anakin/Vader severs her from her Force abilities, but leaving her cognitive insights intact. But the trauma of facing her old master, mentor and friend Forces her into exile, leading to her not being able to assist Luke in the Redemption of Anakin but rather in episode 9 becoming Reys mentor in finishing her training to start to rebuild the New(new) Jedi order. Of course have the Force sustained and prolonged her Life to finally play the part of the Chosen ones Padawan as she fulfills her Masters(Anakin) prophecy, via his descendants, to bring (true) Balance to the Force, by creating an Order that much like the old Je'daii include the knowledge and abilities of both side of the Force in the New(new) Jedi Knight repertoar.

:eek:

Wait, wait, close your eyes, give it a spin or five ... now ... react!

;)

Hmmm, I have toyed much with this thought, my problem so far is that I have a hard time to get the same "feel" while watching the cartoons as I get watching the movies. The Clone Wars Legacy episodes is in my opinion necessary to watch to get the "feel" for how the PT Anakin evolves into what we see in RotS. Which really makes it a real need to put those episodes into finishing production.

Why am I telling this? Well, Ahsoka's Fate, from my point of view, would be that the fight with Anakin/Vader severs her from her Force abilities, but leaving her cognitive insights intact. But the trauma of facing her old master, mentor and friend Forces her into exile, leading to her not being able to assist Luke in the Redemption of Anakin but rather in episode 9 becoming Reys mentor in finishing her training to start to rebuild the New(new) Jedi order. Of course have the Force sustained and prolonged her Life to finally play the part of the Chosen ones Padawan as she fulfills her Masters(Anakin) prophecy, via his descendants, to bring (true) Balance to the Force, by creating an Order that much like the old Je'daii include the knowledge and abilities of both side of the Force in the New(new) Jedi Knight repertoar.

:eek:

Wait, wait, close your eyes, give it a spin or five ... now ... react!

;)

That's more likely. Disney doesn't have death in their Saturday morning cartoons.

So been watching the last episode before the "Good Stuff", I liked the opening scenes and the unexpected loss of phoenix . . .2, was it? As we earlier have been discussing Death - most often the frequent occurrence of it in Rebels. It was an odd feeling watching that "pilot gonna make it ...but no ... she got shoot up" scene. If this is a children's show they are forcing them to grow up an awful quickly, or is it a preparation before the "Good Stuff"?

And the conflict between Hera and her father from a child's perspective, imagine there were some small heads turned to their parents saying "grown ups don't always are right!"

Must say tho I always liked the in space flight scenes in Rebels, they very much reminds me of the OTs, which in my point of view is rather nice and homey. The new Jedi tactics is rather interesting as well, got a nice touch to it. Thought the endscene on Hera and the SW theme playing in the background good, that kinda stuff still works for me. Would appreciate some restraint on the "Silly Trooper Scenes" tho. It gives the show a real ambivalent touch that isn't that appealing at all.

As for my latest concerns and thought on how to get the movie feel into the cartoon, atm the space flight/fight scenes does that well, but for the other stuff I think we need to see more from the cartoons put into the movies, the other way around doesn't really work for me when it comes to characters. It's gonna be interesting with the upcoming "Rouge one" to see if there's actually gonna be any attempt to do just that!?

So been watching the last episode before the "Good Stuff", I liked the opening scenes and the unexpected loss of phoenix . . .2, was it? As we earlier have been discussing Death - most often the frequent occurrence of it in Rebels. It was an odd feeling watching that "pilot gonna make it ...but no ... she got shoot up" scene. If this is a children's show they are forcing them to grow up an awful quickly, or is it a preparation before the "Good Stuff"?

well SW rebels is basicly a sequal to the clone wars. an d clone was was NOT shy about showing death. rebels has been a liiitle more shy but not a lot shyer. keep in mind disney are a media empire. they're not going to make everything the same, especially when SW has a reasonably proven track record as a money maker. they're not going to massivly change anything with it. part of that proven track record is not pulling ounches too hard on the death thing

At the very least I am glad that rebels is keeping canon stuff like Mandalore and Ryloth around. SW 7 seemed to be blatantly ignoring it what with Jakku, Achto (if that becomes a reality for 8) ad what seemed to be a pretend Coruscant

being blown up?.

episode 7 wasn't ignoring it. they where just adding new planets. that's like complaining episode 3 ignored canon because we didn't see endor or hoth

At the very least I am glad that rebels is keeping canon stuff like Mandalore and Ryloth around. SW 7 seemed to be blatantly ignoring it what with Jakku, Achto (if that becomes a reality for 8) ad what seemed to be a pretend Coruscant

being blown up?.

That was the Hosnian system, they say as much right in the movie.

So anyone seen the "Good Stuff" yet?

Well I think tonight's episode has a pretty cool preview. Zeb and Kallus together is interesting.

But I think we will get into some pretty good stuff next week "Shroud of Darkness" sounds like a good place to start as any. Could be Maul or the temple we see

This new episode was actually really good IMO. Kallus had tons of character development and this finally showed that the Empire is not all made up of heartless murderers. I think Kallus may actually defect to the Rebellion eventually...

Death Star was hinted at as well, which was cool.

Edited by Newyankalt

This new episode was actually really good IMO. Kallus had tons of character development and this finally showed that the Empire is not all made up of heartless murderers. I think Kallus may actually defect to the Rebellion eventually...

Death Star was hinted at as well, which was cool.

I'm impressed, based on the description posted earlier I thought this was going to be more about Zeb dealing with his past, and they'd still part mortal enemies (kinda like end of SOR), wasn't expected them to humanize Kallus

One on the 'topics' presented in E7 was that the Empire's soldiers were human, reduced to numbers and rounded up at a very young ages(sounds familiar) to be trained mainly into storm troopers. That's how we learn to get to know Finn, the human behind the stormtrooper.

A good episode, have to agree, the theme of enemies stranded on a planet together have been worked thru on every major Sci-fi show since it all began. So the idea wasn't that original, but well executed. For a kid show we're really getting into the ambiguity of being human which is rather unusual!

But no lifesigns on geonosis - what happened!? Feel free to enlighten me . . . anyone

And the hint of the Death Star, I liked it, and another thing, my topic on bringing the cartoons and movies more 'together' - every time Geonosis was mentions clips from E2 flashed by. Good work there!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9rSgtLYYRs

This was just uploaded, preview for the next episode. Looks more interesting yes

Interesting indeed some of that new tactics between Kanan and Ezra, they are becoming a unit!! In a way that surpass anything we've seen so far in a Master/Padawan set up.

And then Enter the

and
and not to forget the
Edited by t-darko

But no lifesigns on geonosis - what happened!? Feel free to enlighten me . . . anyone

That hasn't been revealed yet.

Well before this episode aired, if you have read the Darth Vader comic (#4 I believe), it tells us the planet was sterilized. Darth Vader encounters what might be the last Geonosian queen.

The episode reaffirms the comic, so something happened.

The Rebels Recap show told us they were going to go back later and revisit Geonosis. I would assume to follow up on the "mystery" of the Death Star. That also makes sense considering Rogue One is about how the Rebels get the plans for the first Death Star.

I'm curious about Geonosis now.

-----------------

I personally thought this was one of the top 5 episodes of the entire series.

It all comes down to the last 3 minutes of the show. I don't think they're going to have Kallus defect, but I am very interested in him now.

In fact, I'd say with the possible exception of Sabine, he's the most interesting character on the show now - depending on how he's developed from here on out.

It's funny, 20 seconds at the end and he's more interesting to me than two seasons worth of episodes with Kanan, Ezra, and Hera.

--------------------

[Edit]

Although humanizing Kallus in this episode does seem to contradict the moment in the first episode where Kallus has the stormtrooper hanging onto his leg and Kallus just casually kicks him off letting him fall to his death.

Rebels needs to decide if it's going to cartoony or more serious in tone.

Edited by CaulderBenson