The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SW:Rebels - season II

t-darko

I see your point, but, what was the unrefined fume, that apparently the whale-octos were eating to get the power to move on on their journey?!

Fuel to continue their journey and jump into hyperspace? I'm not getting the bolded part, that just makes it worse for Ezra that he sucked in lungfulls of the stuff.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuel to continue their journey and jump into hyperspace? I'm not getting the bolded part, that just makes it worse for Ezra that he sucked in lungfulls of the stuff.

The point is we don't know what the fuel was, how toxic it was etc. (granted, I haven't seen the episode yet, proceeding to do that shortly)

We don't even know if all starships run on the same kinds of fuel for that matter. Even in our relatively low tech world we have vehicles running on gasoline, diesel, propane, electricity, hydrogen etc.

The point is we don't know what the fuel was, how toxic it was etc. (granted, I haven't seen the episode yet, proceeding to do that shortly)

We don't even know if all starships run on the same kinds of fuel for that matter. Even in our relatively low tech world we have vehicles running on gasoline, diesel, propane, electricity, hydrogen etc.

Does it really matter what kind of fuel? It fuels freaking starships as it was stated that it could fuel the entire phoenix fleet, I'd imagine inhaling large quantities of it would be lethal to a human...or at least have some hazard effects to the body. That at the least should have happened...like even for a couple of moments before he was cured or something...but nothing.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well - If we do a comparison with Biogas that fuel cars, that is neither toxic or flammable . . . and posses even a lesser danger unrefined . . . just keeping an open mind here;)

Does it really matter what kind of fuel? It fuels freaking starships as it was stated that it could fuel the entire phoenix fleet, I'd imagine inhaling large quantities of it would be lethal to a human...or at least have some hazard effects to the body. That at the least should have happened...like even for a couple of moments before he was cured or something...but nothing.

Just saw the episode, no where does it say the fuel was toxic. There just was no oxygen, which is why he recovered almost immediately when he put is helmet back on.

Just saw the episode, no where does it say the fuel was toxic. There just was no oxygen, which is why he recovered almost immediately when he put is helmet back on.

Does it have to say it's toxic? Just because it wasn't said, doesn't mean it isn't. But works both ways, so....I guess sure, but even still he had no oxygen without the helmet, he should have had some problems.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Aren't force sensitives like Jedi more resilient to toxins in their body? It was just like in Ep 1 where Obiwan and Quigon rsesisted the poison gas in that ship in the beginning part. And I will take Ezra's development over Darth Emo Kylo Ren anyday.

You can't really compare that scene, given it was a fully trained Jedi Master and almost Padawan level Knight. Both of which had years of training within the Jedi Order with Force Knowledge and Instructors.

Does it have to say it's toxic? Just because it wasn't said, doesn't mean it isn't. But works both ways, so....I guess sure, but even still he had no oxygen without the helmet, he should have had some problems.

You can survive without oxygen for quite some time, so long as there is enough pressure to keep your blood from boiling.

Think of holding your breath underwater. With some practice you can easily go a couple minutes with no physical activity, and when you come up gasping, you recover very quickly, exactly Ezra's reaction.

You can survive without oxygen for quite some time, so long as there is enough pressure to keep your blood from boiling.

Think of holding your breath underwater. With some practice you can easily go a couple minutes with no physical activity, and when you come up gasping, you recover very quickly, exactly Ezra's reaction.

In space?

If anyone is interested this link has names and some descriptions for the rest of the episodes in season 2.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Rebels_Season_Two

The finale will be a two parter and judging from the name "Twilight of the Apprentice" I think it's safe to say that Ahsoka is a goner... There was also a piece of music that went up on StarWars.com called "Ahsokas Fate" but they took it down.

If anyone is interested this link has names and some descriptions for the rest of the episodes in season 2.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Rebels_Season_Two

The finale will be a two parter and judging from the name "Twilight of the Apprentice" I think it's safe to say that Ahsoka is a goner... There was also a piece of music that went up on StarWars.com called "Ahsokas Fate" but they took it down.

I'll be genuinely surprised if they actually end Ahsoka, I really doubt they will.

I'll be genuinely surprised if they actually end Ahsoka, I really doubt they will.

Honestly I felt like it would happen since the moment she set foot into this show at the end of last season, she is too powerful to be left alive at the time of the OT.

I'm only surprised that it might happen this early though especially since she hardly did anything in Star Wars Rebels.

Honestly I felt like it would happen since the moment she set foot into this show at the end of last season, she is too powerful to be left alive at the time of the OT.

I'm only surprised that it might happen this early though especially since she hardly did anything in Star Wars Rebels.

I'm surprised Rex hasn't died, he's literally done nothing aside from his introduction and like...1 episode, I don't really see his importance by comparison to Ahsoka.

Reason I'm skeptical on her dying is cause...you know, big favorite character and all that, don't wanna upset the fans. But again if they do, i'll be surprised. They could easily just have her leave the Rebellion because....reasons.

I'm surprised Rex hasn't died, he's literally done nothing aside from his introduction and like...1 episode, I don't really see his importance by comparison to Ahsoka.

Reason I'm skeptical on her dying is cause...you know, big favorite character and all that, don't wanna upset the fans. But again if they do, i'll be surprised. They could easily just have her leave the Rebellion because....reasons.

I always liked Rex more but he also isn't as big as a target to the Empire, Rex is just a solider who doesn't pose any real threat to the Sith. Rex has a higher likelihood of surviving longer IMO

Edited by Newyankalt

I always liked Rex more but he also isn't as big as a target to the Empire, Rex is just a solider who doesn't pose any real threat to the Sith. Rex has a higher likelihood of surviving longer IMO

All the more reason as to why isn't he dead, or isn't going to die soon, because as you said he isn't some big important piece to the story and thus much more expendable than the whole cast and Ahsoka.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

All the more reason as to why isn't he dead, or isn't going to die soon, because as you said he isn't some big important piece to the story and thus much more expendable than the whole cast and Ahsoka.

Actually I think Rex provides a bit more to the Rebellion, he knows tons imperial tactics, bases, procedures, etc going all the way back to the Republic. He knew about the medical base earlier this season and knew the codes to infiltrate that imperial cruiser. Rex provides a wealth of knowledge.

Ahsoka hasn't really done much stuff at all, she may be the only one that has a chance to defeat the Sith at the moment but even in the OT it's not like the Rebels said they needed Luke to kill the Sith or anything it was just his own personal mission as a Jedi given to him by Obi-Wan and Yoda.

I sort of want one of the Ghost Crew to die though but since they're the main focus that won't happen soon... Zeb and Sabine seem like the odd ones out.

Actually I think Rex provides a bit more to the Rebellion, he knows tons imperial tactics, bases, procedures, etc going all the way back to the Republic. He knew about the medical base earlier this season and knew the codes to infiltrate that imperial cruiser. Rex provides a wealth of knowledge.

This literally could have been anyone tbh, it didn't have to be Rex specifically but the fact that the show showed the Empire using outdated codes and procedures from the Clone Wars is entirely retarded. They could have shown an Imperial defector, like Crix Madine that would make more sense who'd know just as much as Rex if not more, while also introducing a great new(for the viewers) character.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

This literally could have been anyone tbh, it didn't have to be Rex specifically but the fact that the show showed the Empire using outdated codes and procedures from the Clone Wars is entirely retarded. They could have shown an Imperial defector, like Crix Madine that would make more sense who'd know just as much as Rex if not more, while also introducing a great new(for the viewers) character.

True but Rex is another fan favourite as is Ahsoka in an attempt to get more viewers I assume, same with Maul who really has no business being in the show.

I do hope the rumours about Thrawn being in season 3 are true, I also want more characters instead of bringing back fan favourites all the time from The Clone Wars, those characters don't have much purpose for this era unless it's Mon Mothma or Bail Organa. If Ahsoka dies then Rham Kota could be a cool character to bring back into the fold he also was responsible for creating the Rebel militia in The Force unleashed the same men we saw at the start of ANH.

Edited by Newyankalt