SW:Rebels - season II

t-darko

Well people didn't really riot when Han died, and he has a much larger fan base over Ahsoka.

Didn't Harrison Ford pretty much advertise this was his last Star Wars ever. Plus his death was done so sloppily that I myself was apathetic about it and I wouldn't be surprised if others were too.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Harrison Ford pretty much advertise this was his last Star Wars ever. Plus his death was done so sloppily that I myself was apathetic about it and I wouldn't be surprised if others were too.

And being the jerk I am I can say he was quite old and lived a full life old people dying does not have such a strong impact then well middle age people like Darth Maul.

This really shows noone ever really paid attention to Ford. Man had his way, he'd of had Han Solo die in Jabba's palace. Had it REALLY been his way, Solo would of never survived the carbon freezing.

So all this crap about Harrison not wanting Solo to die is just rosy eyed Fandom crap. Infact in an interview when Ep 7 was still just an idea Ford said "Only way I'm coming back is if Han Solo dies."

So for me it wasn't a matter of if Han died Ep 7, just a matter of how. And I was not expecting how he died.

This really shows noone ever really paid attention to Ford. Man had his way, he'd of had Han Solo die in Jabba's palace. Had it REALLY been his way, Solo would of never survived the carbon freezing.

So all this crap about Harrison not wanting Solo to die is just rosy eyed Fandom crap. Infact in an interview when Ep 7 was still just an idea Ford said "Only way I'm coming back is if Han Solo dies."

So for me it wasn't a matter of if Han died Ep 7, just a matter of how. And I was not expecting how he died.

Yeah I was not expecting him to get stabbed by a lightsaber talking to his son, I just didn't see that kind of character in Han. I was more expecting him to get shot and die in Chewies arms or some thing and what follows would be absolute wookiee rage.

I thought his death was done very well.

Yeah I was not expecting him to get stabbed by a lightsaber talking to his son, I just didn't see that kind of character in Han. I was more expecting him to get shot and die in Chewies arms or some thing and what follows would be absolute wookiee rage.

Personally, I thought it was going to be, someone was going to use to remain behind to manually detonate the bombs and Han was going to remain behind and go out in that last blaze of glory.

Personally, I thought it was going to be, someone was going to use to remain behind to manually detonate the bombs and Han was going to remain behind and go out in that last blaze of glory.

Maybe if it was the final battle of Endor :p

Edited by Newyankalt

I'm going to guess Ahsoka dies to Vader, Ezra kills the Seventh Sister with Mauls guidance, the Holocron will have a pretty important part to play with Maul/ Ezra.

This is my guess as well.

I also think the Fifth Brother will be taken out by Maul

look at the most recent trailer for the season finale of rebels

look at the columns behind ezra.. if you look real close you can see the symbol of the star forge on them :o

im really hoping the holocron they find belongs to revan

:o

Unless he made two or they threw out Bane finding his Holocron, can't be his.

Unless he made two or they threw out Bane finding his Holocron, can't be his.

Nothing about Bane (besides his existence and being responsible for the rule of two) is canon, so as of right now, they threw it out.

Though there is nothing saying Revan couldn't make two either. The one on Lehon was flawed anyway, as if it were a hasty job.

Getting jobbed by that lame-o? Nah! Someone like him should have died in a space battle but in a way where his body could be recovered and they have a funeral for him like Qui Gon Jinn. Not sure how canon the Corellian tradition is of turning a deceased one's body into a diamond but would have been to have a memorial like that for him.

Nothing about Bane (besides his existence and being responsible for the rule of two) is canon, so as of right now, they threw it out.

Didn't Yoda encounter Bane's spirit in one of the lost episodes of SEason 6 of TCW?

Didn't Yoda encounter Bane's spirit in one of the lost episodes of SEason 6 of TCW?

Yes, that is the one canon appearance we have (and what I'm referring to).

That conversation does not canonize anything else but his existence and the rule of two though.

Edited by MadDutchman

That conversation does not canonize anything else but his existence and the rule of two though.

And, as a fun fact, Bane was voiced by Mark Hamill.

I'm also wagering Revan has something to do with Malachor. There has to be a reason why Yoda told Ezra to go there. Considering it was pertaining to history of Jedi fighting, Malachor fits the description well.

Or maybe they'll left-field it and introduce Meetra Surik.

And, as a fun fact, Bane was voiced by Mark Hamill.

I'm also wagering Revan has something to do with Malachor. There has to be a reason why Yoda told Ezra to go there. Considering it was pertaining to history of Jedi fighting, Malachor fits the description well.

Or maybe they'll left-field it and introduce Meetra Surik.

I think it has more to do with Maul than Malachor, but I wouldn't complain if they finally brought Revan in.

The rule of two was canon long before, in The Phantom Menace when Yoda talks to Windu "Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"

It just made it canon that Bane was responsible for the creation of the Rule of Two.

Question though, if the Sith where in exile for 1000 years how did the Jedi even know of the Rule of Two? Maul was like the first Sith they have seen since Banes time.

Edited by Newyankalt

The rule of two was canon long before, in The Phantom Menace when Yoda talks to Windu "Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"

It just made it canon that Bane was responsible for the creation of the Rule of Two.

Question though, if the Sith where in exile for 1000 years how did the Jedi even know of the Rule of Two? Maul was like the first Sith they have seen since Banes time.

An old and unanswered question.

Since Yoda knew of Darth Bane though, it is reasonable to assume that Bane, including the rule of two, was known to the Jedi before the "extinction". They simply believed the Sith to have been made extinct sometime after that. The new canon has not established how long ago Bane lived, so this perceived extinction could have been Bane himself, or it could have been many apprentices later.

An old and unanswered question.

Since Yoda knew of Darth Bane though, it is reasonable to assume that Bane, including the rule of two, was known to the Jedi before the "extinction". They simply believed the Sith to have been made extinct sometime after that. The new canon has not established how long ago Bane lived, so this perceived extinction could have been Bane himself, or it could have been many apprentices later.

Doesn't Windu say "The Sith have been extinct for a millennium or something" not sure if it was him but I think someone mentions that so I guess they can assume to know when Bane was alive. Bane wasn't a Sith in exile either so it should be on Jedi record he existed I think.

Perhaps due to Yoda being alive so long he may know a thing or two about Bane perhaps first hand from someone else who may have been alive at the time of Bane.

Doesn't Windu say "The Sith have been extinct for a millennium or something" not sure if it was him but I think someone mentions that so I guess they can assume to know when Bane was alive. Bane wasn't a Sith in exile either so it should be on Jedi record he existed I think.

Perhaps due to Yoda being alive so long he may know a thing or two about Bane perhaps first hand from someone else who may have been alive at the time of Bane.

Yes, but Bane could have lived 2000 years before, and been a thousand years between the creation of the Rule of Two and the "extinction" of the Sith. We just don't know.

Yes, but Bane could have lived 2000 years before, and been a thousand years between the creation of the Rule of Two and the "extinction" of the Sith. We just don't know.

Actually according to the book, Bane lived approx 1000 years before the events of Phantom Menace. But since that's been dropped as "legends" now it's anyone's guess.