Clarification on Underlurker Leap Attack (HM)

After, hiding behind a rock and about to go into cross phase, I had the Lurker not only jump at me (DPS and had been bunched up behind a rock with others didn't pull threat) but hit me for 30k dmg from Leap which killed me after losing half my health on the rage storm knock back. I have never experienced this before and the guide state that this attack exists but hits for far less but gives no explanation. So how did this happen and why does this attack exists? It seems weird.

Had something similar happen twice to me this week.

During add phase (after the cross) the boss suddenly jumped at me, insta killed me with smash (70k dmg) and ran back to the tank. And this was in the 3rd or 4th add wave, so aggro loss is unlikely.

Edited by Sindariel

AFAIK, Underlurker will always jump to the player farthest to the boss and then start walking back to the tank; a few seconds later he will do the cross attack.

If you are doing HM, you should always have the whole group stand behind the same stone, that way your healers can top off the whole group and the boss won't go jumping to some player far away where now everyone has difficulty to run to the cross in time.

I believe in my group the tank always stands away from the group to ensure that Underlurker will jump to him and no other player but I am not 100% sure right now.

Edited by Jerba

AFAIK, Underlurker will always jump to the player farthest to the boss and then start walking back to the tank; a few seconds later he will do the cross attack.

If you are doing HM, you should always have the whole group stand behind the same stone, that way your healers can top off the whole group and the boss won't go jumping to some player far away where now everyone has difficulty to run to the cross in time.

I believe in my group the tank always stands away from the group to ensure that Underlurker will jump to him and no other player but I am not 100% sure right now.

My group runs the equivalent of your groups strat. I was standing next to the others before he smashed into me for the hit. Maybe the rage storm pushed us to far and he decided to random jump to one of us?? I'm not sure. I'm just curious about the damage part. Lurker has jumped to people before and I haven't seen anyone die from it. For further clarification it was 16m.

Edited by FerkWork

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.