The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Star Wars Battlefront Reveal Trailer

Beniboybling

The largest challenge/problem I see with the game is balance vs. authenticity, because from an authentic standpoint the Imps will of course be much stronger, but then it would be a bad game, but when the rebels can compete with the Imps it would be lore unfriendly.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The largest challenge/problem I see with the game is balance vs. authenticity, because from an authentic standpoint the Imps will of course be much stronger, but then it would be a bad game, but when the rebels can compete with the Imps it would be lore unfriendly.

I think each side will have its own way of combating the other as in Rebels don't have AT-StT or AT-AT but call in air support to counter them as well as maybe stronger anti-vehicle weapons.

That all depends on how the factions operate internally and how they lay out the circumstances of the battles in whatever lore they have set up. Obviously the Rebs had to have something going for them, otherwise the Empire would not have needed "super weapons" like the Tarkin Doctrine called for. If you can easily defeat your enemies with conventional weapons there is not incentive to design the big super weapons.

For instance. They could simply say that the PvP in the game are the products of strategically planned strikes by the Rebs. In this way you can rationalize evenly matched sides because the Rebs are not going to pick battles where they know they are going to be outnumbered/out gunned. Both would be the antithesis of this. The Imps knew where the Rebel base was and so they dictated the battle and brought what they thought would be overwhelming force with them.