The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

More Purchaceable Companions

I know there are various posts about this type of thing but i don't think any of them quite hit it. But i think that Bioware is seriously missing a market here. I know it takes a lot to do, and even more to do tastefully but i think it'd be worth their time. I think there are three basic types that would make it too, just by fan base. Ranged wookie companion. I know we have Bowdar, but really, how many people would love to have a wookie with a bowcaster at their side. A female (possibly chiss) comp, probably ranged. Just something different to throw in the mix with all the rest of your crew. And a male force user companion. That's right, because of all the companions who can use lightsabers, only Lord Scourge is a dude. And making a saber wielding comp for everyone would just be fun. I know i have a couple of alts who'd love a bodyguard like that.

My two cents at least.

I would like to see a legacy unlock for trading companions across your legacy. I rarely use Skadge on my BH healers, but I would totally use him over Scorpio on my agent.

I would like to see a system where you deposit unwanted companions into a legacy companion "bank" so that you can withdraw them on other toons, so long as you stay below the current cap of 8 companions and no duplicates per toon.

Good post, OP, I'd like more optional companions as well. :)

I'd really enjoy a female Chiss companion, especially one that could tank -- a Powertech type, maybe? There are too few female tanks, if you ask me! There is only Treek (optional, and often mistaken for male), SCORPIO (not biologically female), and Kaliyo.

And I'd kill for a cool looking male force user companion. Lord Scourge is awesome but sadly my assassin cannot use him, and is stuck with Xalek, aka that funny looking shoehorned in apprentice that is so boring most people forget him when talking about male lightsaber users. :p While the force using ladies include the lovely and personable Kira, Nadia, Jaesa, and Ashara!

As for a Wookie, well . . . after doing all of Bowdaar's conversations, and talking to Jakarro on multiple characters, I'm pretty sure Wookie-speak is in the top five most annoying sounds in the galaxy. But to each their own, and I do think a Wookie could be popular. ^^

I would like to see a legacy unlock for trading companions across your legacy. I rarely use Skadge on my BH healers, but I would totally use him over Scorpio on my agent.

Why? For looks? Because a Houk "makes more sense" as an Agent's companion than a fembot does?

I imagine swapping companions is nearly as "pie in the sky" as faction/gender/base class" change is.

It would be nice to see more optional companions come out. For example, a Mirialan (female; and male); a Chiss (female; and male); a Togruta (male; and female); a Zabrak (male; and female); a Wookiee (female; and male) [that could use a Bowcaster]; a Zeltron (male; and female); a Pantoran (female; and male); an Omwati (female; and male); or a Rodian (female; and male). Then the player could choose if they want to get a new female or male companion, and which species.

Maybe an Ithorian companion would be interesting, too?

I'd also like to see Zenith become romance-able for Jedi Consular female characters --- if they're a Twi'Lek; because it would make more sense than them romancing (or trying to be romanced by) a Human male.

Edited by SWLoveAngel

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, makes more sense though to have a male & female version of which ever gets made.

Sure a male jedi character is a fine idea, but why only male?

A female chiss is also a fine idea but why only female?

Ultimately though any new companions would be nice, but only if they get a worthwhile story line to go with them.

Lana and Theron please Bioware. LANA & THERON!!!!

Not likely to happen. The official word is that they are too big of a deal to play full time sidekicks to our characters.

More purchasable characters would be nice, but I'm not sure we're going to see many of them...

The problem is with each character that they add, they also have to keep them updated each time new content comes out.

So they earn money once (provided people don't just buy them with CC they've gotten for free from the referral program or from their authenticators), but they keep having to invest money in them by hiring the voice actor back for each expansion. I can kinda see why we've gotten so very few purchasable companions. :(

From the Anaheim cantina livestream notes, courtesy of Dulfy's website:

Q. Any plans to add new companions?

A. Jesse – Treek was one of the more popular things we done, and I think you will see more like it in the future.

2 humanoid companions speaking basic please, 1 male 1 female with developed stories and maybe even an aquisition questchain like HK and SGR romance options. No more "joke" companions like Treek.

This would be great. We already have a droid and a funny looking alien that speaks gibberish, I am going to be very disappointed if we get another companion along those lines. I'm not a fan of "novelty" companions and I guess I'm not enough of a Star Wars fan to be interested in companions designed to evoke nostalgia. ^^;

I would like to see a system where you deposit unwanted companions into a legacy companion "bank" so that you can withdraw them on other toons, so long as you stay below the current cap of 8 companions and no duplicates per toon.

Yeah, I would also like to transfer companions.

How about summoning someone from your Legacy's Family Tree? That part of the Legacy is so underused and only cosmetic.

How cool would it be to summon your character's parent/sibling/friend as defined in your Legacy as a companion?

Guild Wars 1 has a similar system with mercenary heroes, where it stored a copy of one of your alts' looks and allowed them to be summoned as a companion for your current character, although you had to re-equip them just like normal companions.