Which Discipline is best for Sentinels?

ForiDani

Re-roll is the best discipline for sentinel if you intend to do anything at the cutting edge of this game with the character. If you intend to do HM raiding or ranked PvP with the character then simply don't bother leveling it at the moment. Bioware have completely fouled up the advanced class so that it is virtually useless at those levels of play. If you intend to do more mass-participation content then combat is probably the best discipline once you're leveled as it is simple to play and produces more than enough DPS to deal with daillies and all of the SM ops that are on offer. Just don't try the Blood Hunt flashpoint on HM.

Re-roll is the best discipline for sentinel if you intend to do anything at the cutting edge of this game with the character. If you intend to do HM raiding or ranked PvP with the character then simply don't bother leveling it at the moment. Bioware have completely fouled up the advanced class so that it is virtually useless at those levels of play. If you intend to do more mass-participation content then combat is probably the best discipline once you're leveled as it is simple to play and produces more than enough DPS to deal with daillies and all of the SM ops that are on offer. Just don't try the Blood Hunt flashpoint on HM.

Usually, I wouldn't support this type of cynicism, but in this case I fear the right answer is don't play a Mara/Sent right now.

To be honest, the class can work especially if you are playing with known players who will support you. If you are not guilded and/or don't have a group of friends to play with, you will find it hard to find a group for much of the content given the negative perception of the Adv Class right now.

If you are primarily focused on the story, I would recommend Concentration as it is fun and few of the enemies are alive long enough for the other specs to get into their rhythm.

Hate to say it but this is so true.

I was playing my alt merc and pugged it on a tactical and got paired with 2 marauders. No big deal its only a tactical, their damage was so low that no matter what I did I always got agro from the bosses. I had to force myself not to scream at them to learn to play. I was running using basic attack and I was still out damaging them cause my time on the targets was 100%.

I know full well how shafted Sents and Marauders are and I found carrying them really annoying and this was a tactical. I now feel so sorry for people that see a marauder in their HM or Op queue or try to use them in any pvp. If you want to enjoy the story or end game experience play a Guardian. If you want to play a nerfed class and have a hard time of it I guess any of the sentinel disciples will off a challenge.