The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Anyone know a good VPN to use for playing TOR?

Been playing from Russia for almost 4 years now, but have to move to China for a year. Heard a lot about how you can't access SW:TOR from China (still going to try, but better be prepared lol). So, can anyone recommend a good VPN to use? Never had to use one before, so could really use some good advice please.

I lived in China for a few months and no, you really can't use BW products in general unless you're in Hong Kong. Mainland China has heavy restrictions on what you can and can't use (google, intagram, facebook... and such.) I've used ExpressVPN but what you have to understand is that Chinese internet is... not that good for the most part. So when you're in China and you're using a VPN to connect to Hong Kong it's gonna give you lag and a lot of issues. I've had to get up at 4am (Chinese time) because strangely, that's when the connection clears up and I had the least lag. During the day though, good luck, honestly. There's so many of them that the wifi or even cable connection is kind of horrible. Running Voice chat and playing was torture. I had 100000 lag at times and here's the example http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/nmelikenoother/media/Screenshot_2014-12-07_13_43_06_173978_zpse75cf267.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

I lived in China for a few months and no, you really can't use BW products in general unless you're in Hong Kong. Mainland China has heavy restrictions on what you can and can't use (google, intagram, facebook... and such.) I've used ExpressVPN but what you have to understand is that Chinese internet is... not that good for the most part. So when you're in China and you're using a VPN to connect to Hong Kong it's gonna give you lag and a lot of issues. I've had to get up at 4am (Chinese time) because strangely, that's when the connection clears up and I had the least lag. During the day though, good luck, honestly. There's so many of them that the wifi or even cable connection is kind of horrible. Running Voice chat and playing was torture. I had 100000 lag at times and here's the example http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/nmelikenoother/media/Screenshot_2014-12-07_13_43_06_173978_zpse75cf267.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

oh i can get those nasty spikes even from here in Russia, but yeah, Chinese internet does have the potential to suck quite bad. still trying to get a good internet is something i can do once i'm there, deciding on a wifi i can do from here =)