The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Debunk the new Patch; Retiring A Lightning Sorc,

Akyrox

Oh My God...

For those who actually believes that Lightning Sorcs was OP in SINGLE target damage - please, do me a favore and SHOW me PROOFS of your words. I'm NOT talking about noobs with the only rotation - FS spam.

Im Talking about SINGLE target rotation.

I want to know were do you get that information.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly, people who say Sorc/Sage is the most fragile class simply do not know how to use their defensive abilities. The important number is damage taken minus self-heals, because that's the actual stress you personally put on the healers, and in my case, that number was far better than anyone else on the team in every fight, without slowing my DPS down at all. I've never once been "one-shotted" in HM unless I did something dumb, and I never even use Force Barrier unless **** hits the fan, and the whole group is dying (or if it's part of the fight strategy, like taking Ion Cutter stacks in Master&Blaster).

Sorc survive ability is insane and better than most other classes. I'm debating continuing my Sorc in HM just because of the fact that our healers almost never have to put a single-target heal on me in any fight, but I'll have to see where the DPS falls. Now it's possible that I just don't know how to use the defensives on the other classes, but if you want to tell me they are anywhere near as good as Sorcs, then no DPS in any ops team should ever die from damage on any fight in the game unless they don't know how to use them.

I want to know how you used powers that are on the gcd and it didnt affect your dps. according to the devs you shouldnt even be using your own bubble, that is the healers job.

I want to know how you used powers that are on the gcd and it didnt affect your dps. according to the devs you shouldnt even be using your own bubble, that is the healers job.

force bubble is a defensive cool down, if you are not using it...that is your own fault.

Static Barrier is the only one on the GCD, and using it instead of Lightning Bolt every once in a while will not make any difference to your damage on the boss.

And news flash... the game, PvE side, is designed with that in mind... Ergo no-glass canons. In PvP you should be using your defensive CDS.

Here is the thing...you are basically trapped in a 10 year old mindset. Back then there were glass canons. However thanks to the min/max hardcore raider and the slow but steady erosion of classes having a purpose due to bringing a necessary buff or debuffs (thinking EQ2 where you had Brigand's and Swashbucklers that were t2 dps but brought killer damage debuffs) you end up with an issue where the ONLY thing that matters is your dps.

Since all people care about is dps the devs of most MMOs have added damage mechanics that care nothing about armor and control just how much damage is done my effects that do work with armor. This is why tanks also get a lot more hit points and defensive coold downs along with higher armor ratings...they need the HP and CDs for all that damage that could careless if they are wearing armor.

When I run my Sage I only use my shield as an "oh crap emergency" in an OP. I have no higher number of deaths than any other class. Why? Because so much of the damage in OPs and FPs is NOT stopped by armor so everyone takes the same damage.

You can express whatever self serving rationalization you want, but when it is based on a paradigm that does NOT exist in this, and many other, MMORPGs it is one of two things....best case scenario you just don't understand how the encounters and the damage they do work...worst case scenario you are being legitimately disingenuous.

For me its more that they are dropping the characters ability's but keeping the ncp abilities the same. Read some ware that players were complaining about one of the flashpoint boss's been hard to beat, boiware saying that they would not change back because of one boss. OK that's fine but the thing is DROP THE BOSS'S ABILITIES A LITTLE.

I have been playing the new chapter on the test sever and personally don't have an issue myself at all with the changes to characters abilities, having said that, I am talking about the story chapter and not Flashpoints, Operations or heroics.

Have tried Jedi Sage and Smuggler so far. If you are saying that there is an issue with that class I will try it tomorrow. Not that my opinion is going to change anything at all, just basically seeing if I agree with your view. All the class's have had there abilities dropped a little, but still think that boiware is right to do so, but some of the elite enemy should also be looked at.

according to the devs, that is the healers job. and they know the game better than anybody dont they?

That's fine for the most part such as group playing. However this game can still be played solo. Did not read all posts here if fact very few of them but the OP certainly did not specify group or solo play.

If as you say the dev says that's its the healers job! well then what's the point of having companions other than the teams/class's healer????

Personally I cannot agree with that.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

For me its more that they are dropping the characters ability's but keeping the ncp abilities the same. Read some ware that players were complaining about one of the flashpoint boss's been hard to beat, boiware saying that they would not change back because of one boss. OK that's fine but the thing is DROP THE BOSS'S ABILITIES A LITTLE.

I have been playing the new chapter on the test sever and personally don't have an issue myself at all with the changes to characters abilities, having said that, I am talking about the story chapter and not Flashpoints, Operations or heroics.

Have tried Jedi Sage and Smuggler so far. If you are saying that there is an issue with that class I will try it tomorrow. Not that my opinion is going to change anything at all, just basically seeing if I agree with your view. All the class's have had there abilities dropped a little, but still think that boiware is right to do so, but some of the elite enemy should also be looked at.

What you are dealing with here is a matter of your perception. The NPCs were not designed with the over tuned dps in mind. It was a BREEZE soloing on my Sage through 3.0 as opposed to every other class (Operative and Guardian also soloed through.). When I say Breeze I am talking deaths of mobs. I could still solo easily on the Operative by a real thing past stuff but this slowed my leveling because I didn't have the exp that comes from nuking everything that gets in your way. With my guardian I was slowed because of time to kill. With the Sage it was nuke>nuke> dead. This dynamic was unintended.

In OPs and FPs it is the same. The mobs, including bosses, simply were not designed with that dps in mind but rather "lower" targets. The devs actually said this specifically with the notes on their 3.1 PTS balance threads.

Well if you say so.

All I can say is at the moment I have level 60 characters on all class except one across my accounts, the imperial agents not done. Ok I only do solo stuff but so far I have not had an issue at all. Sure my toon gets killed from time to time but not all that much.

@Ghisallo

Its not like I was agreeing that there was A problem, So my perception??

My comment about the elite boss was referring to someone else's issue, my point being that if one single boss was the issue (and that's an if!) than its the boss that should be looked at not the players character.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

Well if you say so.

All I can say is at the moment I have level 60 characters on all class except one across my accounts, the imperial agents not done. Ok I only do solo stuff but so far I have not had an issue at all. Sure my toon gets killed from time to time but not all that much.

Oh I didn't say you would die on other classes... that is not the metric they use. What they say is (to simplify it) is "If one class can nuke a group of mobs with one button in 4 seconds and another class has to use multiple abilities (both AE and ST) to nuke the group down in 10 seconds, there is a problem." Its obviously more complicated than that but those are the "basics"