The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Celebration with a Double XP Week!

tamaska

I am an established player and it has a very big effect on me. Also, why do you assume that newbies want to accelerate through leveling content? As a game that touts its best feature as the leveling content, why in the hell would I want to rush through any of it as a new player?

if your an eistablished player one would think you had level 60s already

There's no downside other than the ones you create in your mind.

There is no downside to eating spinach either. Still doesn't make it a remotely enjoyable experience in the least to me. The very act of enjoyment is something created in our own minds, therefore the benefit or detriment of anything is based upon what our minds find appealing.

Prove it. Link it or quit spreading rumors. :p

Travelersway always pops in these threads spouting his crap about leveling hindrances. But will NEVER listen to the ideas given to him on how to play with 2exp going on & still get normal. :rolleyes:

Too bad April Fool's is over with. Best joke ever would be for BW to put Travelers' toon(s) to max level. Send him an in game mail saying thanks for playing this long, here is our gift to you! ROFL :D

What leveling hindrances are you referring to. I just simply happen to agree that players should not be forced to participate in an accelerated leveling process if they do not wish to do so. I also happen to believe one should also not have to jump through hoops in order to play the game "normally" either.:eek:

if your an eistablished player one would think you had level 60s already

Not a single one on either of my accounts. And I am a Founder. Being able to play a game at my own pace is one of the reasons I enjoy playing games.

Edited by TravelersWay

Not a single one on either of my accounts. And I am a Founder. Being able to play a game at my own pace is one of the reasons I enjoy playing games.

To each their own... but if you were honest, you'd admit that you're way, way, way outside the mean...

To be a founder, a sub, and not have a single level 60... is not even remotely typical. It isn't "wrong", play it how you want it, but to expect the devs to cater to such an extreme edge case is, frankly, nuts...

There is no downside to eating spinach either. Still doesn't make it a remotely enjoyable experience in the least to me. The very act of enjoyment is something created in our own minds, therefore the benefit or detriment of anything is based upon what our minds find appealing.

...The taste. The taste is the downside.

To each their own... but if you were honest, you'd admit that you're way, way, way outside the mean...

To be a founder, a sub, and not have a single level 60... is not even remotely typical. It isn't "wrong", play it how you want it, but to expect the devs to cater to such an extreme edge case is, frankly, nuts...

Where did I say it was typical? I am not the one deceiving myself here. I am not the one projecting my own personal desires on to other players. I have absolutely no issue with 2xp or 12xp (other than the potential they have to shorten the game's lifespan, which is of course speculation with a sprinkling of real world business mechanics, on my part).

I simply support a game giving players options for playing the game in the manner in which they most enjoy. As of right now, not having an opt out option for the increased XP gains does not allow for that. Whether my playstyle is typical or not has absolutely no bearing on that fact.

Seems to me that the ones who are not being honest are the ones who cannot accept the fact that not everyone enjoys playing games the same way, and that there are many, many people who enjoy playing games at their own pace and in a "normal" manner.

...The taste. The taste is the downside.

And yet, I know several people who would disagree vehemently.

Edited by TravelersWay

Those giving people crap for wanting an OPTION to opt-out are asinine trolls. They're asking for an OPTION.

I don't get it either, but if someone wants the OPTION...let them have it. There's no reason for the trolling insults going on. You all just make yourselves look like trollish a-holes. Who cares how someone wants to play the game if it's optional?

I don't care either way because I'm ALWAYS for boosted XP...but if someone wants the OPTION to turn it off...why do I care?

Seriously, get a life, trolls.

Those giving people crap for wanting an OPTION to opt-out are asinine trolls. They're asking for an OPTION.

I don't get it either, but if someone wants the OPTION...let them have it. There's no reason for the trolling insults going on. You all just make yourselves look like trollish a-holes. Who cares how someone wants to play the game if it's optional?

I don't care either way because I'm ALWAYS for boosted XP...but if someone wants the OPTION to turn it off...why do I care?

While there are undoubtedly some trolls in the mix, what we really see here is a sad reflection of the state of society today. For the last two decades, we as a society have become increasingly self-centered and narcissistic. and as such have been steadily losing that sense of empathy for our fellow human being. That is simply being reflected here and in other forums across the Internet.

I would like nothing more than for PvP to be ripped entirely from this game - no arenas, no GSF, no open-world, no Outlaw's Den ... nothing whatsoever. I am not a PvPer and prefer PvE first, foremost, and always. If PvP were not in the game, it would be inherently better because then the devs could focus 100% of their time and energy on the most important aspect of this game - PvE storytelling.

I think that Galactic Strongholds was the biggest waste of time and resources that has ever occurred in this game. It never should have been implemented because it took time and resources away from those most important aspects of the game, which I have mentioned.

However, in both these instances, I fully support and empathize with the complaints of PvPers and the Interior Designers. Why? Because these systems, as much as I despise them, are a part of this game, and as such want to see them implemented in such a manner that those who prefer them over anything else can have the best possible playing experience with those systems.

There are many things I would like to see implemented in this game that would enhance my own personal playing experience. However, I realize that those types of things I want to see may not be in the best long-term interests for the longevity of the game. Therefore, while I may mention them from time to time during the course of a discussion, you will never see me demanding them or posting inane threats against BW for not implementing them. But again, I guess I, and others like me, are the true minority in society now.

Edited by TravelersWay

Agreed. I'm all for the option to opt out. I don't think it should be a consumable either...at least not a CM item.

Opting out of double XP is fine, but don't they realize that they can still do all the content on planets with the double xp? It's not like double xp will stop you from doing any of the content. It only speeds up the grind process.

All I know is that I'll be getting my Juggernaut to 60. Sweet Kuat Drive Yards, you are amazing. :cool:

I know people want an opt out button but why are you still complaining? Assuming the rumors are true in 3.2 they will be adding a way to stop all xp gain so during xp weekends/weeks you can "opt out" kinda.

Complaining as in the same type of complaining for:

Players who want more oPvP

Players who wanted housing

Players who want a hood toggle

Players who want more SGRA options

Players who wanted something more than space on rails

Players who want the CE vendor updated (more often)

Players who want permanent 2xp and 12xp boosts

Rumors are just that. I can't count the number of times that something has been datamined in a game, but never was actually implemented in the game.

And like TUX says, when it is implemented (because I do believe a toggle will actually be coming eventually), it should not be a CM item. There is absolutely no reason that any player should have to pay an additional fee to play the game normally, especially subscribers.

don't they realize that they can still do all the content on planets with the double xp? It's not like double xp will stop you from doing any of the content. It only speeds up the grind process.

Don't you realize that not everyone enjoys speeding up the grind process.

All I know is that I'll be getting my Juggernaut to 60. Sweet Kuat Drive Yards, you are amazing. :cool:

So you would prefer to grind out the same mission over and over again 10-20 times rather than play the same side quest over and over again 4 times per faction? Now that's irony for you.

Edited by TravelersWay

Don't you realize that not everyone enjoys speeding up the grind process.

ALL, or very nearly all major overhauls for all the open-world RPG that can be overhauled - that includes Elder Scrolls series, Fallout series, some others - either slow down the leveling process, a lot, or include options to slow it down, generally on by default.

Granted, it's not the same, because most SP RPG don't have an endgame per se. They don't give one anything to do at the level cap they couldn't do before. And their replay options aren't as smooth as in MMO, where you keep all your characters and some of their gains. But still, there's clearly some demand for slow leveling.

I used to plan to keep one character each in this game at levels around 14, 20, 26, 32, 38, 44, 50 (was the cap then) - sort of a treadmill, create new ones as they level up, so that I could meaningfully revisit all the content all the time. Didn't really work out, it is after all a game, you get carried away, or you get bored, not a job. But that was a neat idea.

The leveling game in SWTOR is possibly the best in MMO, or tied for it, but its drawback is being strictly tied to the levels. If you're not the right level, you can't group for it, it's overly easy, the rewards are worthless, it's not the same.

Edited by Heal-To-Full