The Jedi Knight, and Sith Warrior classes need a huge buff.

brandonspikes

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say this. I've leveled my Guardian up to 48 - 49 where I'm holding off from hitting 50 until I get some PvP points stored up. I started my Trooper (Vanguard variety) and was blown away by how much stronger he is. My Trooper actually feels like a monster who destroys mobs and owns all. The Jedi on the other hand feels gimp. His lightsaber feels like one of those plastic replicas LED lightsabers you get from Books A Million. It's lame.

I've got a couple friends who are looking to play and I was basically trying to explain to them that while it's a good game the Jedi Knights/Sith Warriors are the weakest class in the game. They just couldn't understand that.

I'll say this. I've leveled my Guardian up to 48 - 49 where I'm holding off from hitting 50 until I get some PvP points stored up. I started my Trooper (Vanguard variety) and was blown away by how much stronger he is. My Trooper actually feels like a monster who destroys mobs and owns all. The Jedi on the other hand feels gimp. His lightsaber feels like one of those plastic replicas LED lightsabers you get from Books A Million. It's lame.

I've got a couple friends who are looking to play and I was basically trying to explain to them that while it's a good game the Jedi Knights/Sith Warriors are the weakest class in the game. They just couldn't understand that.

I can understand the confusion of your friends. The JK / SW should be able to do good damage when in fact most of the time we can barely get through the shields that some of the other classes have and since some classes have so many stuns and knockbacks its hard to even stay on your target. This game should be called CC:TOR.

Edited by Meatnose

I think we do good in pvp.

good as in being a pest, not dying while waving our shiny glow sticks in the air hoping that someone will target us and let the other classes do their job.

its like going to a party, to be the door-man and making sure everyone else is having a good time.

As per usual no word from Bioware on what they will do about this.

I'm quickly losing interest and will to pay a sub-fee for this game.

It's pathetic that the most Iconic classes and what defines Star Wars in ALL aspects, are the weakest classes.

Give us a HoT or a attack that's only usable after we've killed a NPC that will restore x amount of % HP? That would make my Juggin' a whole lot more fun for sure.

Disagree. The biggest issue is not with hordes of weak "trash" mobs. Many of the Guardian/Juggy abilities stun them, get attacks that cause extra damage etc etc.

The issue is taking down big (silver and especially gold) mobs.

- None of the stun effects work on silver or gold mobs.

- The class(es) do(es) not have a baseline stun that does work on silver or gold mobs.

- many "quality of life" abilities do not come until much later in level ( 30+)

- healing companion (for the guardian/sent) does not show until later (34ish, end of balmora)

Basically we have abilities that do damage, damage, more damage. And a bunch of conditional attacks that do more damage.

Possible solutions:

The defensive ability(s) could do more. (last longer or mitigate more damage or be use more frequently.)

Armor could actually protect vs internal and elemental damage.

Lightsaber stances sould use a +def and + damage bump.

As per usual no word from Bioware on what they will do about this.

I'm quickly losing interest and will to pay a sub-fee for this game.

It's pathetic that the most Iconic classes and what defines Star Wars in ALL aspects, are the weakest classes.

I think it was intentional so that not everyone rolled SW / JK

and to the guy who posted the youtube vid the player was level 50 ganking lowbees take it away

Disagree. The biggest issue is not with hordes of weak "trash" mobs. Many of the Guardian/Juggy abilities stun them, get attacks that cause extra damage etc etc.

The issue is taking down big (silver and especially gold) mobs.

- None of the stun effects work on silver or gold mobs.

- The class(es) do(es) not have a baseline stun that does work on silver or gold mobs.

- many "quality of life" abilities do not come until much later in level ( 30+)

- healing companion (for the guardian/sent) does not show until later (34ish, end of balmora)

Basically we have abilities that do damage, damage, more damage. And a bunch of conditional attacks that do more damage.

Possible solutions:

The defensive ability(s) could do more. (last longer or mitigate more damage or be use more frequently.)

Armor could actually protect vs internal and elemental damage.

Lightsaber stances sould use a +def and + damage bump.

I've never had any problems with one to two elites/strong (or a single champion for that matter) mobs if I'm using healing companion though I have to admit that I have not even tried anything else then 31 immortal specs and I'm guessing you're heavy into the DPS trees.

Since I'm using both Backhand and I don't have to channel Force Choke, both of which gives a short but noticeable CC that has made it possible for me to solo most two man HC quests.

Guess what I'm trying to say is that if it's CC you need, then try out immortal and then you might understand what I mean by saying that I'd rather have a "X seconds after killing mob that yields xp, use this to restore 10% of hp over y seconds"-skill rather then another CC.

We mitigate damage just fine assuming we're specced for it.

Give us a HoT or a attack that's only usable after we've killed a NPC that will restore x amount of % HP? That would make my Juggin' a whole lot more fun for sure.

This.

Adding Victury Rush type ability, or even better, baking it into already existing one (we got enough skills as it is), would make life of every SW/JK that much easier.

I've never had any problems with one to two elites/strong (or a single champion for that matter) mobs if I'm using healing companion though I have to admit that I have not even tried anything else then 31 immortal specs and I'm guessing you're heavy into the DPS trees.

Since I'm using both Backhand and I don't have to channel Force Choke, both of which gives a short but noticeable CC that has made it possible for me to solo most two man HC quests.

Guess what I'm trying to say is that if it's CC you need, then try out immortal and then you might understand what I mean by saying that I'd rather have a "X seconds after killing mob that yields xp, use this to restore 10% of hp over y seconds"-skill rather then another CC.

We mitigate damage just fine assuming we're specced for it.

And the issue lies with the dps spec when it comes to survivability. Marauders have more survivability than dps spec juggs. Marauders get over double the number of defenisve cooldowns, while dps juggs get saber ward and endure pain which as a dps can basically kill you at the end of it. Heavy armor in dps stance is about 5% more mitigation against two types of damage than marauders.

If a dps jugg cannot have a true CC or stun they need something to help heal them or better ways to mitigate more damage. I would prefer a true type of CC that doesn't throw the target away from us (yes it does refresh our leap, but by the end of the leap the CC has worn off).

Hi guys,

There are many different subjects discussed in this thread and I would like to take the opportunity to give you some information on the topics at hand.

First off, we currently have no indication that any class needs a huge buff. Class balance is defined by the interaction between classes and changes we make to one class will, inevitably, move the balance towards or from other classes. Our data and testing currently indicates that the Juggernaut and Guardian AC could use some buffing up in two areas where we see them underperforming against our expectations.

Here are some of the things we're planning to roll out in the short term specifically regarding Sith Warriors and Jedi Knights :

• Mobility/Anti Kiting (PvP) – We agree with the sentiment voiced by the community that some Guardians and Juggernauts have to work harder than other classes to stay within effective combat range, putting them at a disadvantage. We intend to address this in an upcoming patch where, as a first step, Force Push will clear the cooldown of Force Leap, granting for more reliable in combat pursuit capabilities to the Advanced Class. Further changes will be made if necessary.

• DPS spec survivability (PvP and PvE) – The DPS specs on Guardian and Juggernaut are performing to our expectations when it comes to the ability to create damage, especially of the burst variety. However their survivability is lagging behind our expectations, especially in the later game, and we are going to start addressing that particular issue in an upcoming patch.

Our attention to the class obviously won't stop here. Balancing MMOs is a never ending endeavor and we're in for the long haul. For example, we are certainly aware that the Marauder and Sentinel are very gameplay intensive classes with some of the most complex rotations in the game. While we are currently looking at quality of life and usability improvements to increase the class' playability without compromising the unique aspects of the class, we don't have anything specific to announce just yet. We do however anticipate that some of the combat responsiveness improvements (AKA 'ability delay' - more on that here) being worked on by our engineering team will specifically aid both Marauder and Sentinel.

In regards to PvE balance, any place in the game where our data shows significant issues with the balance tuning for one or more classes or specs are of course also being looked at.

For example, Jedi Knights will be pleased to hear that we are working on tuning the final mission in their class chain to provide a better, more fun and more reliably solvable challenge (see a post from another member of my team here). Currently a large percentage of players bring a friend to solve this mission, which, while social and often more fun, is not in line with our stated goal of allowing players to progress solo through their class arc if they desire to do so. We're also looking at some companions with a critical eye to improve their viability for certain role/companion combinations.

I would also like to give you some general understanding about approach to class balancing and how you can aid us with your feedback:

• Now that we're out of the first few weeks of launch madness, you will see class and combat balance issues addressed with increased frequency. Larger scale gameplay changes and features are more likely to coincide with major content releases, but smaller scale changes and improvements can be expected to become part of our regular update schedule.

• Statements that we hate a specific class or faction, or that we intentionally underbalance certain classes to make it less popular are conspiracy theory territory. We have nothing to gain from such an approach – we want players to pick the class and faction they want to play and have confidence that they are able to perform their chosen role in the game. Anything that comes in the way of that goal is considered a balance issue for us.

• We make our balancing decisions based on a combination of internal and external testing and metrics. We don't make decisions based on who is the loudest on the forums. Community feedback is valuable in bringing issues to our attention and even to highlight possible solutions, which means that well written, constructive posts are the most effective way to communicate your wishes and feedback to us, rather than petitions and calls to nerf specific classes.

• Please understand that balance issues during the leveling process are different than issues at level 50 and are handled in different ways. If you feel your class has issues during your journey to 50, especially communicate the level range and area of the game where you are experiencing issues to aid our investigations. Player versus Player situations in during the leveling process are not always balanced at every level (a mathematical impossibility), but we are always willing to investigate.

• Just because we haven't mentioned the specific issue close to your heart in a post (such as the one above) doesn't mean we are unaware of it or that we don't want to address it. It would be impractical for us to comment on all investigations currently in the pipeline. That said, we definitely want to take a more open approach in regards to upcoming class changes.

Finally, I'd like to acknowledge, again, that we do understand that there is a desire for players to get more detailed information what happens to their character in combat. We agree with those requests and are working on various ways to, optionally, get more detailed data on your combat performance.

Thanks for your feedback!

-- Georg

Omg stop with the kiting issue, give some DAMAGE instead of mobility!!!!

So you're buffing Juggernaut to be even more effective offensively and have even more survivability while leaving Marauder with it's wet noodle and paper bag armor? Am I reading this correctly?

I'm also quite confused as to why the tank spec'ed juggernauts are able to do more damage then the marauders. Going up against the tanks in warzones is extremely difficult because of all the control they have, combined with damage that is on par with the marauder damage, combined with their heavy armor and survivability.

Another point of contention, why is the marauder the only class that has a different armor type then it's sister AC? Power tech's and Mercs share the same heavy armor. Why have you seen fit to give mercs access to quite possibly the easiest damage and abilities in one button, as well as fully capable single target healing, survivability, cc, two knockbacks and heavy armor? I mean in one button a merc does what takes us 6+ and does it better. Hit tracermissle and they do great damage, from range, debuff armor, and buff/proc their two higher damage abilities.

For example, to do similar the Annihilation Marauder has to:

Charge > Deadly saber > Battering assault > cloak of pain > rapture > Annihilate > snare > figure out what to do next in a unlimited possible outcomes.

They have to do all this while:

- Staying within melee range

- Overcoming knock-backs, snares and roots

- Relying on a tank to give them the survivability of their target

- Relying on a healer to give them the heals their target has themselves

- Managing the extremely awkward rage resource mechanic

- Managing multiple interrupts because they can not dish out the damage that a merc arsenal can (which they can do 0-30m), nor can they take said damage like a arsenal can

It's virtually the same with every other class in the game. Tanks out last your damage while doing perfectly good damage themselves, healers out heal your damage, ranged classes knock you back and root you, then kill you before you can have much effect, burst classes stun you and kill you before you can do anything about it.

This class requires the player to be either over-geared or have a massive skill advantage over their competition just to be significant. Add to that the garbage animation system, instant abilities being interrupted, ability delay and animations stuttering and you get a class that gives me no reason to pay $15/mo for the punishment of playing it.

QFT

Very good explanation of how the class is terribly unenjoyable and underpowered in reality... infact .its so micro managed that i might as well start working on my tax return rather than playing this abomination of a warrior type. Yuk bioware just... yuk

Tank assasins and Powertechs do more damage and have heals... and the only usefull thing we have are leaps.

Tank assassins also get destroyed when they have more than 2 mobs hitting them.

Assassins are in need of a mitigation buff, just like we need a damage buff.

Also, the devs saying our only issues are with mobility and dps survivability... lol

Brb, shelving my guard.

guys im not even joking, in warzones my unspecced/ungeared level 11 jedi shadow does more damage than my full epic tank guardian, whilst i realise my character is specced for defense, id like to reiterate my shadow alt doesnt even HAVE a spec, and certainly doesnt have the benefit of bristling with T2/T3 epics

golfclap bioware :/