The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Books, EU and New Canon Discussion

The_Anf

Hello,

So I am late to the party on the whole Star Wars expanded universe and I know that apparently now none of it happened anyway. However I am still loving reading it and I'll basically make my own idea of what is my canon.

So my first question is this:

1) in the new books that are canon have they done anything that contradics the EU?

2) What EU books are you going to consider "canon" even though officially they are not?

3) In the Rise of the Empire Era what books did you enjoy? I ask because with TCW's and knowing how it ends this isn't my favourite time period, so I would mostly skip the books here (Except for Plageus and LofE).

Thanks Guys

1. Cassio Tagge survived the DS destruction and is now a Grand General, Vader is more powerful than his former self as Anakin. All I know so far.

2. /Shrug until something in the new EU comes along to replace I guess, so for now everything.

3. Eh never really delved into those books, was more Rebellion era type of stuff really.

Personally, Im going to consider all the old stuff canon unless the new stuff fits in in a way it doesnt contradict it like the new comics or this Tarkin book I need to read as I heard it was good.

But things like the old X-Wing series and the Thrawn trilogy I simply love to much.

Personally, Im going to consider all the old stuff canon unless the new stuff fits in in a way it doesnt contradict it like the new comics or this Tarkin book I need to read as I heard it was good.

But things like the old X-Wing series and the Thrawn trilogy I simply love to much.

The Zahn books (Thrawn) are my favorites. My all time favorite character of all is Karrde... not Luke, not Solo, karrde.

That said, Disney made it clear...unless a new author or filmmaker brings it in the EU isn't Canon. As Del Ray said, they simply don't know if anything beyond the movies, TCW and Rebels will be retconned into the new Canon or not.

This does NOT stop my enjoyment of the books. I just finished reading the trilogy last week for the first time in year.. but it is what it is.