The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Advance Leap for Sentinels/Maraudrs

fiercephoenix

I think its a natural evolution of Leap to allow a sentinel (maybe as a utility) the ability to "Leap" or "Intercepting Leap"

1. When used on a friendly target the Sent will Leap in front of the target and absorb X% damage for X seconds.

2. When used on an enemy target the Sent will Leap to the target knocking the target down (immobilized ) for 3 sec and intercept X% of all Direct Heals to that target for 3 sec and the Sent becomes immune to all snares, holds, stuns, and knockbacks for 3 sec.

This gives the Sent an active way to protect a healer and to deny heals to enemies while self healing a tiny bit. It would be fun.

Very cool idea and I support it but idk if they would implement this.

Each of the classes have unique skills. The sentinel being able to leap toward enemies. The guardian being able to leap towards enemies and friendly. The sage can pull friendly and the vanguard can pull enemies. If you communicate with teammates with VoIP I'm sure you can get some safes to pull you.

Again I support this but idk if they would implement it.

So give them the Jugg tanks intercede ability? That's what your essentially asking.

And the user of said ability is invincible for 25 seconds, counter resets every time the user attacks. :rak_03:

Not sure if title was edited after or before, if edited at all, your comment but it says Marauders/Sentinels. So, no to giving Juggs said ability.

Edited by SgtJeremy

No class has the ability to directly deny healing, that would be OP.

Sentinels can still apply trauma, which does that to a degree.

You are also asking for Jugg/Guardian INtercede/guardian Leap ability for Sentinels, and you are asking for Vengeance/viginalnce-like immunity for leap.

Yeah, there are classes that do all of that, and they have a place.

I have a sneaking suspicion that you just got killed a lot on your Sent, but I may be wrong :D

And the user of said ability is invincible for 25 seconds, counter resets every time the user attacks. :rak_03:

Not sure if title was edited after or before, if edited at all, your comment but it says Marauders/Sentinels. So, no to giving Juggs said ability.

You misread that: The Op is asking for Maras/Sents to have a ability that essentially mirrors the Jugg/Guard Intercede ability.

My opinion: No your Mara is not a tank the ability would be pointless.

Not as a standard ability no as others have that as a main ability, but as a utility point it would be pretty nice, and to add the ability to directly deny direct heals is very powerful but within game balance the max is 1 heal and even if it crits what 6k 7k very few would see much over that generally speaking for a class that has no way besides med pak to heal you can tweak the shields a bit to balance it out.

Both of these would most likely be PVP utilities