Just returned after a 2-year break

Painstorm

Hi,

I'm enjoying myself, but feeling a bit lost mainly about how to play my chars.

I got multiple chars (Sith Sorcerer 55, Imperial Agent 50, Bounty hunter 38 and a Juggernaut 29.).

I'm not up to speed with regards to what talents to pick and skills to use, so I'm really getting murdered while questing.

I'm looking for a good source to find some advice about:

1) Talent builds and skills to use

2) Rotation

3) Stat priority

4) What companions to use

I've Googled a lot, but often end up on pages no longer being maintained :(

Any advice/hints will be greatly appreciated :)

I would suggest that you start a new character. Then you can become re-acquainted with the game as you level up.

The companions question is easy - generally, use a healer companion, or Treek, unless you are a healer, in which case, use a tank or DPS companion.

Edit - to clarify that. In most cases, while you are leveling up, a healer companion is best. But, depending upon how well you and your comp are geared and how overpowered you are relative to the enemies you are fighting, a tank or DPS will work just as well. Basically, if you find that you often die, or nearly die during fights, a healer comp may be best. Using a tank or DPS means the fights will be quicker, but you may need to heal up between battles.

Or, you can just take whatever comp you happen to like. For example, my Sentinel usually takes Kira Carson with him, because the two are romantically linked and she's nicely geared (i.e. looks good. :) ) even though they are both DPS.

For various guides, etc, a very good resource is http://dulfy.net/

Edited by JediQuaker

The companions question is easy - generally, use a healer companion, or Treek, unless you are a healer, in which case, use a tank or DPS companion.

Personally I've had the most luck going the other direction, that is to say, always use a tank companion, unless you're a tank, in which case use a healer or DPS companion. But it can certainly work either way!

I suppose a more universal piece of advice would be, "If you're playing DPS, do not use a DPS companion unless you are supremely confident, experienced and/or geared", heh.