Advanced Black-Purple Striated Crystals

Arthuriuan

Are the crystals supposed to be unlock-able with cartel coins in the collections tab? Or, is this just an inadvertent bug that came with showing them in collections? I can see the crystals as part of my collections from one toon to the next, but when I click the account wide cartel coin button, nothing happens.

I would prefer to do it this way instead of having to open each individual box and place the crystals into my weapons. A thought might be to automatically unlock it on the account in collections once they have been placed into one toon's weapon.

I haven't gotten home to try it but i assume it works like all past promotions. The crystals are mailed to each character individually and unlimited quantities are available on each character at no Cartel Coin account wide cost assuming they are taken out of the mailbox.

While QA hasn't looked at this "officially" yet, something does appear to be fishy in my own personal looking into this. The button doesn't work, and it doesn't bring up a larger inspection frame when clicked. I'll send it along for them to look at.

In the past, the "Account Wide Unlock" has been purchasable for 1 Cartel Coin - the items don't unlock account wide in the system automatically, even though they are sent to all characters.

It's got the appearance of what happens when collection item assets are added to the game but not yet patched in for use.

Clicking on the item doesn't bring up the examine window but you can click on a different item that IS in the game and then click back to the one that isn't and still preview it.

Either way, the crystals should be mailed to every character and you shouldn't need to pay for an account unlock.

Just be sure to bind them all to each character before you delete them so that it's added to that character's personal Collection.

While QA hasn't looked at this "officially" yet, something does appear to be fishy in my own personal looking into this. The button doesn't work, and it doesn't bring up a larger inspection frame when clicked. I'll send it along for them to look at.

In the past, the "Account Wide Unlock" has been purchasable for 1 Cartel Coin - the items don't unlock account wide in the system automatically, even though they are sent to all characters.

See Tait, this is the kind of reply that makes me smile.

It's not an "official" reply, it's not "we'll look into it", it's just an honest "huh...I see what you mean" and it makes it feel like you absolutely understand the issue.

I love this and I just wanted to compliment you on it :)

Any chance we can get the same thing done to our Black and Yellow crystals for pre ordering the game? We get the privilege to pay 250K to get the +41 ones later but we can only use the free ones that are +4 at lower levels. Come on BW throw some love this way. I really like the Black and Yellow crystals. Edited by BarronWasteland

Any chance we can get the same thing done to our Black and Yellow crystals for pre ordering the game? We get the privilege to pay 250K to get the +41 ones later but we can only use the free ones that are +4 at lower levels. Come on BW throw some love this way. I really like the Black and Yellow crystals.

What he said, only please include the +41 Razer crystals as well!

It always was lame having to pay credits on top of an unlock that helped sell me on my SWTOR peripherals :(

• 1 month later...

Another weird quirk about these crystals. I mailed one of them (the War Hero version) from one character to another (because one of the characters had them greyed out on the Collections folder). And, lo and behold, after I opened the mail and transferred the crystal into my inventory, the crystal had vanished. So, now I have two toons in my legacy who don't have the crystal -- even though I have it installed on one of my other toons. (Ironically, I can unlock the other crystals on both characters. Go figure.)

Can't wait for the unlock to happen, Tait. (Thanks for the acknowledgement BTW.).

Edited by Grue_Hunter

Another weird quirk about these crystals. I mailed one of them (the War Hero version) from one character to another (because one of the characters had them greyed out on the Collections folder). And, lo and behold, after I opened the mail and transferred the crystal into my inventory, the crystal had vanished. So, now I have two toons in my legacy who don't have the crystal -- even though I have it installed on one of my other toons. (Ironically, I can unlock the other crystals on both characters. Go figure.)

Can't wait for the unlock to happen, Tait. (Thanks for the acknowledgement BTW.).

make new characters, travel to your stronghold and put them in the legacy cargohold

delete the new characters

if you dont have a stronghold..... dk and corsc are only 5k for the first room and you get a legacy carghold free from the stronghold mission just for visiting a stronghold you own

make new characters, travel to your stronghold and put them in the legacy cargohold

delete the new characters

if you dont have a stronghold..... dk and corsc are only 5k for the first room and you get a legacy carghold free from the stronghold mission just for visiting a stronghold you own

Interesting solution to get around the bug until it's fixed - and thanks for the idea. Now, I just have to shell out the credits to make the new characters. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Have you heard anything back on this yet? My friend is able to get copies of the crystal from the collections menu but I still can't do this.

• 1 year later...