Australian Players..

Draak

Is there any Australian player base still playing this game?

which server would be the best for an Aussie to play on?

The Harbinger, it's the unofficial server for APAC players, lot's of active players at APAC times and lots of APAC guilds as well. :rak_03:

The Harbinger, it's the unofficial server for APAC players, lot's of active players at APAC times and lots of APAC guilds as well. :rak_03:

Yes and all the end game players seem to just sit around and chat so forget about trying to get flashpoints to pop or find ops to pug.

If you want the above you need to play during NA times or join a large APAC guild that will be running during APAC times.

APAC time is quite atrocious for public group content compared to how it was back when Dalborra merged into Harbinger.

The Harbinger. It's an APAC server that happens to have NA players on it.

Not really the NA pop is larger than the APC pop. Its simply the unofficial Aust PvE server.

thanks..

seems my characters are on there... ping is noticeable.. now just got to relearn how to play my sorcerer and level it past 50!

:p

Its a west coast server so the ping is the best you'll get in this game.

Edited by Morrolan

Yes and all the end game players seem to just sit around and chat so forget about trying to get flashpoints to pop or find ops to pug.

If you want the above you need to play during NA times or join a large APAC guild that will be running during APAC times.

APAC time is quite atrocious for public group content compared to how it was back when Dalborra merged into Harbinger.

Ugh..... Doesnt sound overly appealing.

Ugh..... Doesnt sound overly appealing.

That's just APAC in general I think. I'm guessing the community has died down enough now that barely anyone runs public group content anymore which is strange as you still see plenty of people playing/chatting.

Oddly enough even when I do get pops during "apac prime time" it's usually with Americans running content in the wee early hours of the morning more often than anyone from the actual APAC time zones.

Still if you are interested in end game group content I seriously suggest rolling a tank/healer as you should atl east get more regular pops that way. Forget about it if you go the DPS route unless all you want to run is tactical flashpoints.

That's just APAC in general I think. I'm guessing the community has died down enough now that barely anyone runs public group content anymore which is strange as you still see plenty of people playing/chatting.

Oddly enough even when I do get pops during "apac prime time" it's usually with Americans running content in the wee early hours of the morning more often than anyone from the actual APAC time zones.

Still if you are interested in end game group content I seriously suggest rolling a tank/healer as you should atl east get more regular pops that way. Forget about it if you go the DPS route unless all you want to run is tactical flashpoints.

nah the reason pugs stopped was because the ops aren't worth the effort of getting strangers together to try hash it out. too buggy/too hard for an unorganised group to do much, bulo, the walkers and underlurker being the main culprits. when the 55 ops still awarded elites and ultimates you saw heaps of pugs but since the rewards aren't there anymore, neither is the want to do it.

find a guild on harbinger, there's more of a chance to do stuff together like hard mode flashpoints and ops. the guild i'm in is pretty good for activity most of the week.

nah the reason pugs stopped was because the ops aren't worth the effort of getting strangers together to try hash it out. too buggy/too hard for an unorganised group to do much, bulo, the walkers and underlurker being the main culprits. when the 55 ops still awarded elites and ultimates you saw heaps of pugs but since the rewards aren't there anymore, neither is the want to do it.

find a guild on harbinger, there's more of a chance to do stuff together like hard mode flashpoints and ops. the guild i'm in is pretty good for activity most of the week.

True but with more ops and still the weekly classic you would think you'd see more attempts or at least the same amount.

However the same goes for flashpoints too - easy options for new gear or just something to do but the group finder pops are worse than ever and that's with more flashpoints and ideally newer content ( to learn mechanics etc. for ) than before too.

During the APAC daytime though you can get pops no worries and there are tons of pugs to run. It's little wonder they shut down Dalborra really considering where things have ended up for APAC.

True but with more ops and still the weekly classic you would think you'd see more attempts or at least the same amount.

However the same goes for flashpoints too - easy options for new gear or just something to do but the group finder pops are worse than ever and that's with more flashpoints and ideally newer content ( to learn mechanics etc. for ) than before too.

During the APAC daytime though you can get pops no worries and there are tons of pugs to run. It's little wonder they shut down Dalborra really considering where things have ended up for APAC.

frankly the upscaled blood hunt is a ridiculous difficulty jump for gear that's not worth the effort. my guild group, people in 192s/198s and on TS, wiped about 6 times each on the first two bosses (torch was a cake walk :/) like... whut? how's a pug group supposed to do that XD and what's the point? they only award 184 gear :/ and again, the effort needed to run the hard mode 55 ops isn't worth putting together a group for, especially for a lackluster reward... 10 ultis? really?

at your first point, we saw heaps of pugs before Shadow of Revan (rothc i'm talking about, not much knowledge about the vanilla game) because the ops were easily geared for, puggable and relatively fun to do. ToS and ravagers are not, neither are the hard mode 55s, you need a relatively coordinated group to do it. 186 comm gear is nowhere near good or itemised enough to do that, underlurker still has issues (less now thank god :/) the walkers and bulo are still absolute pug breakers.

these just hurt the players' will to want to trust strangers with their progress, so its usually kept to mostly guild groups picking up the odd tank/healer/dps. you can get a pug that actually finish an op, but they are unfortunately the exception, not the rule like before

edit:paragraphs are good

Edited by EchoDrake
paragraphs are a thing

So, if I'm not in a guild.. Not much point playing this game if I'm an aussie that likes PvE flashpoints etc...

Unless I roll a tank or healer or join some guild that may or may not do those things?

[Edit] does the storyline at least continue from 50 upwards?

Edited by Draak

So, if I'm not in a guild.. Not much point playing this game if I'm an aussie that likes PvE flashpoints etc...

Unless I roll a tank or healer or join some guild that may or may not do those things?

[Edit] does the storyline at least continue from 50 upwards?

the class story line? it's completely forgotten in RotHC and you have one story mission in SoR. That's it. There might be more coming in the 3.2 patch but i'm not sure, i tend to play the content as it comes rather than going through ptr stuff.

solo questing is easily done, can do most of the stuff without a guild or a group. if you are well geared it should be relatively easy to get into pugs... but that may take a while :/ i play this game because of my guild, more fun with a group of people. solo play seems to hurt yourself unfortunately, especially as an undergeared person, you're unlikely to find pugs to take you. levelling as a tank or healer is annoyingly difficult out in the world, especially for a healer. i tend to level as dps and build up a tank/healer set over time. you 'can' play solo, the levelling and end game dailies are built as such, but when it comes to group content, you will need a group. guilds are easily accessible that way, or else you must cater to the whims and wants of a pug group.

edit for clarity

Edited by EchoDrake
edit for clarity

frankly the upscaled blood hunt is a ridiculous difficulty jump for gear that's not worth the effort. my guild group, people in 192s/198s and on TS, wiped about 6 times each on the first two bosses (torch was a cake walk :/) like... whut? how's a pug group supposed to do that XD and what's the point? they only award 184 gear :/ and again, the effort needed to run the hard mode 55 ops isn't worth putting together a group for, especially for a lackluster reward... 10 ultis? really?

at your first point, we saw heaps of pugs before Shadow of Revan (rothc i'm talking about, not much knowledge about the vanilla game) because the ops were easily geared for, puggable and relatively fun to do. ToS and ravagers are not, neither are the hard mode 55s, you need a relatively coordinated group to do it. 186 comm gear is nowhere near good or itemised enough to do that, underlurker still has issues (less now thank god :/) the walkers and bulo are still absolute pug breakers.

these just hurt the players' will to want to trust strangers with their progress, so its usually kept to mostly guild groups picking up the odd tank/healer/dps. you can get a pug that actually finish an op, but they are unfortunately the exception, not the rule like before

edit:paragraphs are good

Funny, I grew up in a generation that played games for the challenge ... not for the 'gear'. I guess that is part and parcel to the dismal state of MMO's playability these days also.

Gladly these days I mostly play for the fun I get from the 'marketing' aspect of it and the lottery of the packs. I try sometimes to do content but yeah, pops are pitiful during APAC time.

Otherwise I revert to tried and true single player games for my gaming enjoyment. :D

In saying that this games has 100's upon 100's of unique single player fun to be had also.

god i wish i wasn't so spontaneous with my renewing subscription.

Yeah you're better off using preferred and testing the waters first really.

In saying that I had wondered if the RP servers are better for pops like Begeren colony. It lately seems to have as much if not more players online than Harb but I wouldn't really know how it is to use for APAC ( or at all ) as I've not tried it myself.

• 2 weeks later...

On The Harbinger.

Ended up creating a marauder and queue times havent been bad. Unfortunately, healers havent been the best and tanks not much better and as soon as one has a sad pants and leaves, the queue sucks.

Might re-roll a jugg tank or operative healer.

Need to convince at least one if my RL mates to return also and level with me I think :p

Gets quite boring solo'ing everything. I do love the storylines, but they finish at 50, dont they?