The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Let us opt-out of bonus xp events

Katahn

I realize I am in the minority here and to those who enjoy bonus xp events: more power to you. Enjoy the heck out of them. No skin off my rump as Jailer Nash would say.

I however do not like them. I play less when they're on. They detract from my enjoyment of the game. I would like to opt out of them.

I don't like levelling so fast that my gear is lagging behind. I don't enjoy the thought of not really carrying my own weight in group content. Relying on high level characters to send gear to lower level characters is a hassle I'd prefer not to have to deal with.

I enjoy the levelling and advancement experience and stop playing characters with any regularity once they reach the cap. Oh sure I'll do dailies for a bit, but then I'm onto the next character. Accelerated levelling gets me to the end faster than I'd prefer to get there.

In short, please allow me some method to opt-out of the bonus events. Thank you.

I realize I am in the minority here and to those who enjoy bonus xp events: more power to you. Enjoy the heck out of them. No skin off my rump as Jailer Nash would say.

I however do not like them. I play less when they're on. They detract from my enjoyment of the game. I would like to opt out of them.

I don't like levelling so fast that my gear is lagging behind. I don't enjoy the thought of not really carrying my own weight in group content. Relying on high level characters to send gear to lower level characters is a hassle I'd prefer not to have to deal with.

I enjoy the levelling and advancement experience and stop playing characters with any regularity once they reach the cap. Oh sure I'll do dailies for a bit, but then I'm onto the next character. Accelerated levelling gets me to the end faster than I'd prefer to get there.

In short, please allow me some method to opt-out of the bonus events. Thank you.

for every xp event there are things that are 100% deterministic.

1) people asking for more xp events

2) people asking to opt out of xp events.

there is nothing new here it most likely will never be optional other than take a weekend off, mainly because it often brings more players in during weekends especially during the summer when numbers tend to drop.