The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Companion trees

adproduction

With character skill "trees" replaced by discipline paths I don't think we're going to see any kind of "tree" added in for companions at this point. (edit: Although... You're using the term "tree" even more loosely than the devs were with the old character skill trees if you're calling the GSF upgrades a tree. I would kind of like to see a few decisions like the final tier GSF upgrades incorporated into a few spots in the discipline paths though. Just have these spots in the path (separate from the utility points decisions) where we have to choose 1 of 2 perks for that level to add a controlled bit of variety to what it means to be playing that discipline.)

I could see them adding an interface for companions that mimics disciplines though. It would show a short path representing each companion's leveling progression by listing out what perks and abilities they're automatically picking up at what levels. Perhaps they could add in companion utilities though? Like maybe they get a few points to spend at certain levels just like the player characters do, eventually letting us assign up to 3 out of a selection of 10 perks (or something like that) for the companion. (two tiers: select 2 of 6 utilities from tier 1 to unlock tier 2?)

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

With character skill "trees" replaced by discipline paths I don't think we're going to see any kind of "tree" added in for companions at this point. (edit: Although... You're using the term "tree" even more loosely than the devs were with the old character skill trees if you're calling the GSF upgrades a tree. I would kind of like to see a few decisions like the final tier GSF upgrades incorporated into a few spots in the discipline paths though. Just have these spots in the path (separate from the utility points decisions) where we have to choose 1 of 2 perks for that level to add a controlled bit of variety to what it means to be playing that discipline.)

I could see them adding an interface for companions that mimics disciplines though. It would show a short path representing each companion's leveling progression by listing out what perks and abilities they're automatically picking up at what levels. Perhaps they could add in companion utilities though? Like maybe they get a few points to spend at certain levels just like the player characters do, eventually letting us assign up to 3 out of a selection of 10 perks (or something like that) for the companion. (two tiers: select 2 of 6 utilities from tier 1 to unlock tier 2?)

I like the concept.