Anyone running Windows 10 Build 10041 (latest build) and not having crashes?

Conundrum-NSA

This build seems to have broken SWTOR for a lot of people, myself included. There is also a thread on support forum about it.

I'm just wondering if it broke the game for everyone using that Windows 10 version or just some of us.

This is why you don't use test builds of OSes they tend to Break programs not designed for them.

This is why you don't use test builds of OSes they tend to Break programs not designed for them.

Thanks for that pointless drivel that had nothing to do with the question I asked.

(way too many people make that same pointless post anytime someone mentions a beta OS on any forum)

Thanks for that pointless drivel that had nothing to do with the question I asked.

(way too many people make that same pointless post anytime someone mentions a beta OS on any forum)

They make it because it's the TRUTH. Programs that were not designed to work with an OS are not going to work properly until a patch for that program is made this should be common sense.

Lots of the Old Star wars games wouldn't work with Win 7 until a patch was made for them it's no different for SWTOR.

Edited by Anaesha

They make it because it's the TRUTH. Programs that were not designed to work with an OS are not going to work properly until a patch for that program is made this should be common sense.

Lots of the Old Star wars games wouldn't work with Win 7 until a patch was made for them it's no different for SWTOR.

Why not just make a post that just says

"Look at me, see how smart I am"

Because that's all the nonsense you're babbling is.

I asked if it is a universal problem with people using this build, as I have been using Windows 10 since the tech preview started with virtually no issues.

Then into the thread you come derping about you shouldn't use beta OS's, trying desperately to impress everyone. Even though your crap in no way addressed the question or even the spirit of the thread.

You're acting like I was complaining, I was not, I was asking a question for troubleshooting purposes.

Hmmm very helpfull.. go do something usefull!

I am running windows 10 and I have the same problem. The game shuts down without any warning.

Luckily I had my windows.old directory and used Windows rollback to get back to 9926. So "yay" xp weekend for me :)

Just got to make sure it doesn't update itself again without my permission.

OP Failures:

1. Install beta OS

2. Expect it to work

3. Create a "look at me" thread

4. Get pissed when given good advice

Did I miss anything?

Yep.. number 4.. wasn't looking for advise, was looking to see if anyone else encountered the same issue.

That way we know its not a SWTOR issue.

number 3 is pointless.

Luckily I had my windows.old directory and used Windows rollback to get back to 9926. So "yay" xp weekend for me :)

Just got to make sure it doesn't update itself again without my permission.

Did the same, found a HELPFUL post on another forum from someone who did the rollback.

Thanks Conundrum-NSA. :)

• 2 weeks later...

FYI for all the idiots chiming in about it being a beta OS......

1. This is the entire reason for the making the preview builds available to the public. They are rolling out the final release in a few months and it will be a free upgrade for everyone. If there's a bug that kills SWtoR it will affect a significant chunk of the population so bringing it up now, gives Bioware and/or Microsoft a chance to look at it in advance. This helps everyone to include your ignorant selves.

2. Windows 10 at this point is more stable than Windows 8.1 for everything *except* this one particular issue for everyone that I've talked to. I think it would be more accurate to call it a RC than a Beta at this point, as I stated above the final release is just a few months away.

3. Something about if you don't have anything nice or constructive to say just keep your pie hole shut.

Personally I'll wait about 6 months after the official release of Windows 10 before even looking at the new OS as my main system OS, so they can patch the worst of the bugs and security issues and I'll continue to enjoy my crash free playing on Windows 7.

Given Swtor is based on Directx 9Ex , C++ , .Net , chromium framework etc etc , if Windows 10 has issues with these frameworks , Microsoft should patch these pretty quickly, Video drivers also usually get sorted pretty quick too for the worst of the issues.

Indication was some of the recent crashes on Windows 10 have been Video driver based http://www.dailytech.com/Windows+10+Testers+Beware+Experimental+NVIDIA+Drivers+Tied+to+DX12+Update/article37211.htm but people tend to blame the game that is crashing on them more then anything else in a lot of cases.

We should be thanking those using Windows 10 for posting here on the forum if the game is crashing or not crashing, saves us blindly following if an issue exists.

Not a swipe at anyone or at Windows 10, anyone that has gone through a number of Microsoft's OS releases should know what the first 12 months is normally like after the official release.

Edited by OwenBrooks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.