Ancient Hypergate -- Deaths from Pylon inside Mid

Shirvington

As the title indicates, there seems to be an issue with Ancient Hypergate and the pylon explosion. I've clearly been inside the middle bunker where it's safe, and died once the pylon blast reached the archway. This has happened several times over the past couple of months.

This even happens when I haven't been outside in over ten seconds or so. I have heard others suggest to jump so that the server updates my location, but if I've been inside the bunker for 30 secs or more, the server should have a clear idea where I am without having to jump. I don't think it's a location-based issue. Sometimes, you just don't get the buff which protects you from the pylon blast.

As the title indicates, there seems to be an issue with Ancient Hypergate and the pylon explosion. I've clearly been inside the middle bunker where it's safe, and died once the pylon blast reached the archway. This has happened several times over the past couple of months.

This even happens when I haven't been outside in over ten seconds or so. I have heard others suggest to jump so that the server updates my location, but if I've been inside the bunker for 30 secs or more, the server should have a clear idea where I am without having to jump. I don't think it's a location-based issue. Sometimes, you just don't get the buff which protects you from the pylon blast.

I've gone whole matches without setting foot outside mid and never died. Were you standing near a wall in one of the nooks or crannies? There are certain spots along the walls where technically you are outside mid because of the way the wall juts out. I've killed a few people pushing them into those spots and stunning them before the explosion reaches mid. I've also been killed the same way myself, which was how I discovered one of those spots. There a couple of them, wherever the wall juts out past where that yellow field in the doorway appears.

This happened to me about a week ago. I thought I was going mad, but there I was, in the middle, fighting away when suddenly "killed" by pylon explosion.

My only explanation was lag - maybe I was pushed out? I dunno, it was annoying as I was on for another zero deaths in that zone, but not the end of the world.