a very small but qol needed for concealment class.

son_of_man

We could really use that glowing box alert that other classes get when one of their powers becomes available. I tend lose that icon for tactical advantage in large battles especially PvP. Laceration could use the glow box along with backstab and carrbine shot.

Well, since Upper Hand / Tactical Advantage ARE proc'd and then decay over time until they are gone, they ACT like a conventional proc and it would certainly help to have those abilities that ONLY work when Upper Hand is available to lit up like other powers get lit up when they have some special additional effect added to them by virtue of some proc.

In a way, the Upper Hand 'deserves' the extra illumination MORE ---- the light-up when an augmented version of a power is ready for use is ~nice~ but you can ALWAYS use the power without the special effect of the proc... but we CANNOT use a particular ability until / unless we have Upper Hand. Granted, they DO change from "grayed out" / unavailable to "regular shading" available... that's a pretty subtle change.

We could really use that glowing box alert that other classes get when one of their powers becomes available. I tend lose that icon for tactical advantage in large battles especially PvP. Laceration could use the glow box along with backstab and carrbine shot.

Not to sound like a douché but I think this is more of an L2P issue, maybe it's because I've been playing this class since launch but you should kind of always know when you have a TA and there is pretty much no reason, especially with the fact that they increased the duration of TA, that you should ever delay laceration so long that you lose your TA or that you delay your vieled strike so long that you don't generate TA

Not to sound like a douché but I think this is more of an L2P issue, maybe it's because I've been playing this class since launch but you should kind of always know when you have a TA and there is pretty much no reason, especially with the fact that they increased the duration of TA, that you should ever delay laceration so long that you lose your TA or that you delay your vieled strike so long that you don't generate TA

Exactly this. There is no reason to not know when you have one. Is it possible the op is unaware of how to generate a TA?

There's also no reason not to give it to them if they want :confused:

There's also no reason not to give it to them if they want :confused:

They're giving only tiny bits per patch, knowing their track record with us I would rather not have one of the few things we get in 3.2 be worthless. Yes it doesn't hurt to give it to them but you kind of have to really try to not do a proper rotation and or know nothing, as in just started to play the game today, to not know how the TA and laceration system works

i am new to the class as i mostly been a shadow user for the majority since launch. I have no L2p issues and i know my rotations pretty well, but i am a peripheral player when it comes to keeping up procs and so on. I just happen to like the extra shinnies like on my shadow and figured why not on the op. I get what ur saying though.

i am new to the class as i mostly been a shadow user for the majority since launch. I have no L2p issues and i know my rotations pretty well, but i am a peripheral player when it comes to keeping up procs and so on. I just happen to like the extra shinnies like on my shadow and figured why not on the op. I get what ur saying though.

this is where i disagree, if you know it so well then you really shouldnt have to need a proc like that to know that you have "proc" to use laceration. even in the mid of a fight there kind of is no excuse for you to not know when you have a laceration ready to use

Its a stupid change to have abilities that require a TA glow when you have a TA. Why? Because some of these abilities actually have procs that DO make them glow.

E.g. Corrosive Assault/Brutal Shots has a proc which makes it glow in Lethality/Ruffian. Same with Kolto Pack/Kolto infusion?

This is not "needed" for Concealment at all. For a start, a TA is not a proc at all. If you cannot see your TA stacks, you cannot play very well. Don't come along as a casual player and tell me what I "need" for my DISCIPLINE.

If you knew your rotation, you'd know what generates a TA and what consumes it.

The thing about a proc is, OP, when it lights up you hit it. You do NOT use Laceration every time you can; you manage your stacks and use it at an appropriate time. Having Laceration light up like you are supposed to use it is a horrible idea.

this is where i disagree, if you know it so well then you really shouldnt have to need a proc like that to know that you have "proc" to use laceration. even in the mid of a fight there kind of is no excuse for you to not know when you have a laceration ready to use

Either way we agree to disagree. Its my little suggestion that's all.

Edited by son_of_man

This is not "needed" for Concealment at all. For a start, a TA is not a proc at all. If you cannot see your TA stacks, you cannot play very well. Don't come along as a casual player and tell me what I "need" for my DISCIPLINE.

Never said ta was a proc....and again this just isn't "your" discipline lol. No need to get defensive about a suggestion from my point of view. Disagree with me so be it but leave at that. No need to make accusations about the type of player I am or how well I play.

It would be useful, but since you can't use laceration at all without TA, rather than it being more powerful with a TA its not really necessary if you keep your eyes open. A way of monitoring the ICD on collateral strike without having to count would be more useful.

You already have Laceration light up when you have a TA, it just goes from gray to filled ;)

TA is not a "proc". Proc= Programmed random occurrence. The things that cause it are constant, you should be able to always know how many you have without looking. I did a shiv+ a lacerate: I have no TA left.

The only situations where it could be difficult is if you have lost track of your TA regrant from collateral strike, you've killed a target with a DoT (extremely rare), or you're healing. That said, a simple look at your buff bar will tell you as the icon is a unique color. Turn on buff highlighting in your interface editor.

Edited by qwopicus

Would stunning them right after the opening rotation be best or save that for later? Most usually go panic mode and run away while pressing all their cds.

I don't stun immediately. I use sneak and veiled strike to stay on target (i take the hit and run utility). I will use the stun to control them. So I save stun for when they are at 30% to prevent a self heal. Or stun/mez the pt during hydraulic overrides, etc. I use crippling slice more offensively.

Edited by Saikochoro

I don't stun immediately. I use sneak and veiled strike to stay on target (i take the hit and run utility). I will use the stun to control them. So I save stun for when they are at 30% to prevent a self heal. Or stun/mez the pt during hydraulic overrides, etc. I use crippling slice more offensively.

Pretty much this. Sprinkle to taste but basically don't open-stun. No need. Save it for about 30% (or less) to prevent those pesky H2F, barrier using, dirty cloaking, filthy force leaping rottens from saving themselves. :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.