Most Active Server for GSF

JediMinerBob

I am planning on creating a new character and only running GSF and class missions. Considering that you would need a healthy number of GSF missions to make up for the XP normally gained by planetary missions, I was wondering what the most active server for GSF missions is. Is there somewhere to see server stats, like number of GSF missions run a day, most active times, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

Everyone plays and different servers and it's impossible to tell which one has the biggest activity. Everybody will say that their server is the most active. Though I can tell you a bit about the server I'm playing at.

I play @ The Tomb of Freedon Nadd. It pops @ 11-15 GMT every 10-15 mins or so. In the evening it pops every 5 minutes for sure. ( 18-24 GMT). Also, on Sunday eve's it pops like crazy, especially if you're an Imp.

Good luck :)

Harbinger has pretty regular GSF pops, and I know of a few guilds who have a pretty significant portion of their members who GSF regularly. Gone Sithing and Despair on the Imperial side, and Jawas Order on the pub side come to mind, and I'm sure there are others.

The Ebon Hawk has the largest GSF guild, Eclipse Squadron, on Imperial side. We've also set up a mirror on the Republic side, Nova Squadron.

We have pretty constant pops (under 5 minutes) on weeknights. Though if one side stomps too hard, queues can slow down (we try to switch sides when this happens).

I play on many different servers, though lately have been focusing pretty heavily on my home server again (The Bastion).

What I can tell you is the most active server during the times you want to play. Almost all the servers I've played on have 1-2 games going with 5-10 minute pops during their primetime. There were a few that went above that namely, Harbinger, The Ebon Hawk and The Red Eclipse. Those 3 seem to have the biggest populations for each time zone (West, East and EU).

If you have a specific time of day you want to play let me know and I can tell you which would be the best population wise for that time.

However if you're looking for competition I hold a "Super Serious Night" every month on The Bastion many really good pilots have made alts there now for these events. They typically last about 3 hours and are made of up of many 4 man teams which I help put together if you don't have one. Keep in mind this isn't to say you won't find competition on other servers but these events are definitely the hardest GSF games I've played.

The Bastion itself has become more of a medium GSF server in population these days but you can still get 5-10 min pops if you play from 9pm-3am EST (6pm-midnight PST)

I hope that helps! :)

Edited by Drakkolich

I am in Arizona, USA, which doesn't change TZ, so we are currently equivalent to PDT.

I usually play an hour in the morning (somewhere before 8 AM) and usually get on after 6 PM. I currently do two ground PvPs a day with another character, and want to do dailies and weeklies (once the character reaches level 10).

I have just been finding the wait too erratic on Shadowlands for GSF, but pretty good for ground PvP.

I am also looking to join a guild that likes to group for GSF and where they veterans will help the newbies like me. I have played maybe six times, all with different characters (getting the Intro to Starfighter mission bonus). I get slaughtered, but I think I am getting better (i.e. slaughtered less often without hiding and being warned about not contributing).

Thanks in advance.

I can say for sure for the morning but it sounds like EbonHawk Imperial side is what you are looking for. As far as I know Eclipse Squadron accept anyone that wants to GSF, however Nemarus could answer that better then I. I'm sure some of them would be willing to show you the ropes.

I do 1 on 1 training if something like that ever interests you, it's much easier if you have the ability to stream and I can watch and talk you through it. If recording for you isn't possible we can just pick a time and play some games together while I talk you through the games.

I also do video reviews of games to let you know what you can work on.

As an aside I really liked Shadowlands GSF community I had no problem getting games there, perhaps it's changed in the last 3-4 weeks since I played there. Especially at the time you mentioned you wanted to play I really had no trouble getting games there. Anyways good luck. :)

Edited by Drakkolich

I do 1 on 1 training if something like that ever interests you, it's much easier if you have the ability to stream and I can watch and talk you through it. If recording for you isn't possible we can just pick a time and play some games together while I talk you through the games.

I also do video reviews of games to let you know what you can work on.

Thank you, that is really a kind offer. I have done Youtube videos in the past, but always on the Mac. Now that I am running Windows for this, I will have to look at some options. I do have an HDMI capture device, and my computer does HDMI out, so I can probably start there, rather than go down the Fraps route.

As you say, you can find Shadowlands games. But for what I want to try, which is doing mostly GSF with this character, it doesn't feel like I could do it often enough there. I could be wrong, but it seems like I would be burning a lot of time on Starfighter Experience Boosts simply waiting.

Regards,

Dale

WIth your current time zone The Harbinger is probably your best bet. I have leveled multiple characters doing what you are talking about. If fact sometimes I have to stop GSF just to get caught up on my class missions usually when they turn green.

I am in Arizona, USA, which doesn't change TZ, so we are currently equivalent to PDT.

I usually play an hour in the morning (somewhere before 8 AM) and usually get on after 6 PM. I currently do two ground PvPs a day with another character, and want to do dailies and weeklies (once the character reaches level 10).

I have just been finding the wait too erratic on Shadowlands for GSF, but pretty good for ground PvP.

I am also looking to join a guild that likes to group for GSF and where they veterans will help the newbies like me. I have played maybe six times, all with different characters (getting the Intro to Starfighter mission bonus). I get slaughtered, but I think I am getting better (i.e. slaughtered less often without hiding and being warned about not contributing).

Thanks in advance.

I'm also on Pacific time, and I also play in the morning around 7-9 am PST, and then after 6 or 7 PST. I can usually get 2-4 pops in the morning and a steady stream in the evening.

And otherwise, I do think Eclipse Squadron is precisely what you're looking for :) Be sure to check out our website in my signature.

Yeh Ebon Hawke is the most supportive server I have seen for GSF (active gsf chat/guilds, no 3 capping/noob farming culture). . Closely followed by Harbinger. The party never stops on Harbinger with pops just about 24x7 ... and if its a little quiet there u can head over to Red Eclipse for continental breakfast :-D

Jung Ma is not as active as it once was. It does get active at times, but when this might happen is unpredictable and seemingly at random. Most of the time, the queue is slow or not active. Which is why...

At least two of us that I know of are flying on The Ebon Hawk now. TEH seems active most days until around midnight (Mountain Time).

Then all the Pubs get scared. I mean get tired, and go to bed.

Edited by Ymris

Thanks in advance.

Glad to see a fellow arizonian play! Off topic You in the valley or pima or northern?

On Topic. If you choose I'd be down to play on Jung Ma with you. I have a guild I work with that would love to as well. We have a teamspeak we use for voice coms to make things more efficient if that's your style. :) Let me know if your interested or not.

Edited by Dragoshaw

Glad to see a fellow arizonian play! Off topic You in the valley or pima or northern?

I could not find a PM function, so ... Mexican border (Fort Huachuca). How about you?

On Topic. If you choose I'd be down to play on Jung Ma with you. I have a guild I work with that would love to as well. We have a teamspeak we use for voice coms to make things more efficient if that's your style. :) Let me know if your interested or not.

Let me think about that, as that server is not one mentioned prominently by others.

EDIT: but I do prefer voice chat. The guys I game with use Hangouts or Upheaval Gaming guild's TS server. (I prefer Hangouts as the sound is much clearer. But it has less features.)

This is really a thought experiment on my part. I want to see how many GSF missions you have to run, by level, if all you do is class and GSF. Because I would be starting on a new server, I would be leaving all of my legacy support (i.e. credits, previous Cartel purchases, etc.) behind. So until I am I figure out if GSF is a viable route for advancement, and I can get good (that is a big part of it), I am reluctant to start on too many servers at once.

Edited by JediMinerBob

I could not find a PM function, so ... Mexican border (Fort Huachuca). How about you?

Let me think about that, as that server is not one mentioned prominently by others.

This is really a thought experiment on my part. I want to see how many GSF missions you have to run, by level, if all you do is class and GSF. Because I would be starting on a new server, I would be leaving all of my legacy support (i.e. credits, previous Cartel purchases, etc.) behind. So until I am I figure out if GSF is a viable route for advancement, and I can get good (that is a big part of it), I am reluctant to start on too many servers at once.

I can tell you that it's viable. My main on Jung Ma has been levelled solely through GSF and class/story missions (edit: ah, I did a lot of PvE space missions too--but those don't give all that much xp). I... haven't even done any of the Shadow of Revan content yet, heh. It's just as fast as levelling with any other playstyle. And it nets you more credits than questing/flashpoints would. GSF gives enough xp that on alts, I have to resist the urge to queue for GSF because if I do, my characterss invariably end up overlevelled for the planet they're on, which causes me to become bored, which causes me to abandon the character...

Regarding Jung Ma, what I will say is that when the queue is popping, it is great fun. Not as many 'aces' as I see on The Ebon Hawk, so not as hostile an environment for new pilots. Someone told me that the queue is only slow for me because I'm unlucky, and just not on at the right times. Who knows? Apart from GSF though, Jung Ma is the only server of its type. I originally chose it specifically because it's designated as RP-PvP.

I would suggest that you roll characters on several (or even all) servers. I wouldn't think it would take too long for you to determine which server(s) best suit(s) you.

Oh, and if you look at the top right of this page, you'll see your username--click on that, then there is a link for private messages. From there you can PM people; you just have to enter their username in manually.

Dragoshaw, who are you on Jung Ma?

Edited by Ymris

The Ebon Hawk has the largest GSF guild, Eclipse Squadron, on Imperial side. We've also set up a mirror on the Republic side, Nova Squadron.

We have pretty constant pops (under 5 minutes) on weeknights. Though if one side stomps too hard, queues can slow down (we try to switch sides when this happens).

Hey how can I apply to the Rep guild? I'd love to join it as I play GSF mainly on rep side (pretty ships :p) I currently am on The Harbinger but I'd be inclined to transfer to TEH just to join the guild! Also I'm at around 20hrs/105k lifetime requsition GSF played not much but I know the stuff!

I do have imp chars as well but I don't GSF on them..yet :rak_03:

EDIT: but I do prefer voice chat. The guys I game with use Hangouts or Upheaval Gaming guild's TS server. (I prefer Hangouts as the sound is much clearer. But it has less features.)

I'm out in phoenix. Your welcome to hop on our ts as is anyone anytime and come join us.

ugbclan.com:8157 is our teamspeak address no password.

If your worried about not having the supports we would be happy to assist. :)

Edited by Dragoshaw

As an aside I really liked Shadowlands GSF community I had no problem getting games there, perhaps it's changed in the last 3-4 weeks since I played there. Especially at the time you mentioned you wanted to play I really had no trouble getting games there. Anyways good luck. :)

Most of us impside have stopped queueing as frequently due to conquest farmers. Unless we have 4 to 6 on to make a couple premades, we just don't fly or go pubside. I've pretty much stopped all together.

Most of us impside have stopped queueing as frequently due to conquest farmers. Unless we have 4 to 6 on to make a couple premades, we just don't fly or go pubside. I've pretty much stopped all together.

It looks like the veteran Shadowlanders are flying less (on both sides). There are enough rookies flying, so the overall quantity of matches has not changed, but the quality is a bit lower.

It looks like the veteran Shadowlanders are flying less (on both sides). There are enough rookies flying, so the overall quantity of matches has not changed, but the quality is a bit lower.

Yeah... I know the farmers can be lame, but I actually feel like I haven't seen them as much in games... it's mostly a bunch of less experienced pilots flying and trying, which is fun. I've been mostly flying alts with less req in their ships, so it's kind of nice for me. It's hard enough going against some of the crazy good pilots when you're in a mastered ship, let alone one that doesn't have much put in it.

Still, I miss seeing the usuals on. Don't let them ruin your fun!