Qui-gon Jinn Character question

wildfireswtor

Hey folks

I'm looking to make a Qui-gon jinn esque alt to play about on (Main is a Sorcerer called Sidìous). Now my dilemma is this:

Jedi have American accents, and it REALLY doesn't suit a Qui-gon character. So, do I play him Jedi and suck up the fact he has an accent from the other side of the planet; or do I make him a lightside Sith Warrior for the English accent?

What would you guys do?

I'd use more than one braincell to use my own imagination to not copy an existing character.

especially one that is 3,000 YEARS out of their time-period.

since you literally CANNOT be Qui-Gon just pick which class/side you like best..because since the character, again, will in NO WAY be Qui-Gon it won't matter if he has the accent or not or if this "ancestor" (because ancestor is the closest you can make) is a Sith.

Edited by Suromir

If you truly appreciated Star Wars then I think you'd be more inspired to use your own imagination instead of being a copy cat.

If you truly appreciated the character Jinn then you'd know that being a Jedi is by far the more important trait than what accent he spoke with.

Well I can see these forums are just full of trolls, I should have never posted. Good day, fellow players.

Yes because people calling out a stupid idea/character must mean trolling.

wake up to life, others that don't agree and/or like an idea you have doesn't make them "wrong/trolls/etc"

As the above poster said, if you actually appreciated Star Wars and/or the character you wouldn't copy a character so far out of time. Not to mention, yah him being a jedi is much more important than a stupid accent.

but I guess we're all still just trolls. whatever, kid.

Hey folks

I'm looking to make a Qui-gon jinn esque alt to play about on (Main is a Sorcerer called Sidìous). Now my dilemma is this:

Jedi have American accents, and it REALLY doesn't suit a Qui-gon character. So, do I play him Jedi and suck up the fact he has an accent from the other side of the planet; or do I make him a lightside Sith Warrior for the English accent?

What would you guys do?

I think fighting style matters a little more than accent.

Guardian animations (especially, foremost, how the lightsaber is held) resemble Qui-Gon. Juggernaut animations do not.

That alone should make it a simple decision.

Yes because people calling out a stupid idea/character must mean trolling.

wake up to life, others that don't agree and/or like an idea you have doesn't make them "wrong/trolls/etc"

As the above poster said, if you actually appreciated Star Wars and/or the character you wouldn't copy a character so far out of time. Not to mention, yah him being a jedi is much more important than a stupid accent.

but I guess we're all still just trolls. whatever, kid.

I always wondered, do people like you ever wonder why no one gets along with you in the real world? Do you even notice? Or do you just chalk it up to everyone else being crazy?

I always wondered, do people like you ever wonder why no one gets along with you in the real world? Do you even notice? Or do you just chalk it up to everyone else being crazy?

I get along with just about anyone irl, actually. Maybe don't base a troll attempt off assumptions, you honestly just look a fool otherwise.

I think fighting style matters a little more than accent.

Guardian animations (especially, foremost, how the lightsaber is held) resemble Qui-Gon. Juggernaut animations do not.

That alone should make it a simple decision.

I'm pretty use though he would be classed under a consolers arc type...

As for as the OP play like you want to play.. its that simple. Though the inq story I feel is the better of the two as far as quality of it.

In what book, film, or piece of art does it state Qui-Gon has an English accent? (Fanfiction and headcanon doesn't count.)

In the Darth Plagueis Audio book he's sounds like a Highlander. :p

Also fighting style, Qui-Gon is a practitioner of Form IV: Ataru. So most likely Carnage but with one saber :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.