• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Very disappointed.

No hood toggle.

And they made this so we dont have to swap mods for tons of money, but each slot costs 14k?

I might as well just change mods and probably costs less even.

At max level it costs 11k per mod. Thats 33k not counting removing crystals. It turns out that this change benefits us across the board.

Very disappointed.

No hood toggle.

And they made this so we dont have to swap mods for tons of money, but each slot costs 14k?

I might as well just change mods and probably costs less even.

First removing mods at even 186 level is dang expensive. Second that is really the only credit sink left in the game since they have watered down or eliminated the others and if you chose you can eliminate this one at will via cartel coins.

First removing mods at even 186 level is dang expensive. Second that is really the only credit sink left in the game since they have watered down or eliminated the others and if you chose you can eliminate this one at will via cartel coins.

True.

But still, with this system you will still need to do the same thing for your gear that you currently have on.

Unless you want to spend even more money and put that gear(current one) in costume slot one and then put the mods from that gear into a new irrelevant(lookwise) one into the gear/stat slot(the one we have now only). Something which you will later update with Token gears.

And if you are min/max-ing your gear then you still have to deal with mod changes anyways.

What they should've done is that there is a mod slot only, where you just put in the mods and you have those stats even without clothes and then we have costume slots for the armor parts aka for the looks.

So you can change your look anytime to anything without having to worry about mods at all when chaning your look.

Nevermind.

Ok.

Think you missunderstood. The mods from his main gear, the one under the tab with the person icon, always count, no matter which one of the 16 custumization tabs are active.

No.

That is exactly what i am talking about.

Lets say you just finished last week SoR.

But you already have since lvl50 your favorite armor parts giving your character the looks you love.

You are all in 186 mods because you did put all the 186 mods from the comm gear into your nice looking armor.

Now then you go on do some OPS and you get tokens. You get for example a chest token, you buy one chest armor with that of course to have better gear.

Now, you want to keep your look, but for the better stats to take effect you have to put the token gear into your chest slot where you nicelooking gear is.

You do that, now you have to pay for the costume slot and put that nicelooking gear there.

Now written like this is somewhat okay. But when you are mixed already full of 192/198s and you are min/maxing it, this costume designer(if you want to use it) just makes it worse.

Because you only need certain mods from that gear.

So you are paying for mods anyways.

Edited by Hungarycell

Hungarycell, the designer is stil a great deal for min/max players if they care about different looks.

Updating mods to a higher rating still costs players the same as before, that's true, but you still save credits from changing the looks.

Before the Outfit Designer, for example, if you wanted to change the look from Malak to Revan it cost you about 35k a slot + augment 42k. So in total you needed 77k to change one item. To change the whole set you had to pay 7x77k = 539k.

Remember that the cost was higher if you were preferred or f2p (I believe it was 54k a slot + augment 49k which results in 721k for all seven parts).

Now if you want to change from Malak to Revan, you pay 20k to unlock a tab and 98k to put your Revan armor.

98k vs 539k, dude.

What's more, you can now change back to Malak for free instead of paying 245k for swapping mods back (assuming the Malak set was augmented previously).

Edited by PavSalco

When I hear outfit designer... I think of being able to design and customize the look of our gear. I guess something like that is a bit too ambitious. Surely they could have called this new system something else right? Like "Outfit Changer" or "Variation Outfit Closet."

In real life I simply do not go into my closet to design my clothes. I go in there to pick out something new or change my new look for the day. That's basically what this really is...

Nevertheless, I think this is a nice addition to the game! :) but very misleading name for this system in my opinion.

Edited by DuckKing

Looks very much like Lotro's did, with the added leaching costs of course.

That said, I am sure it will work great for people who want this type of thing.

Is it content? Damn no. Utter waste of developer resources when there are so many other things desperate for attention.

As usual, they take the easiest option and the one which can get people spending cartel coins. There is not a cat in hells chance it will be 1cc per tab.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

As usual, they take the easiest option and the one which can get people spending cartel coins. There is not a cat in hells chance it will be 1cc per tab.

20k is nothing, and you get five tabs for that price. I'm certain that Bioware's main goal is not to make people spend CC on the Outfit Designer, but on the packs. This system encourages you to change your look instead of sticking to your one set for months. This will result in a greater demand for outfits which will equal to increased sale of packs.

20k is nothing, and you get five tabs for that price. I'm certain that Bioware's main goal is not to make people spend CC on the Outfit Designer, but on the packs. This system encourages you to change your look instead of sticking to your one set for months. This will result in a greater demand for outfits which will equal to increased sale of packs.

Removing a full set of mods is not expensive either. It's all relative to ones own wealth.

That said, you are clearly mistaken. 20k does not unlock 5 tabs, watch the video again. I would not be surprised to see increased costs, the more tabs you open, same concept as vault/legacy storage, thereby encouraging poor players to use CCs rather than credits, again, this will not be 1CC per tab, not a chance.

I do appreciate you optimism though, if you think BWs whole point of running this game is not to milk every last penny out of you, then I really wish I had a pair of your pink sunglasses.

Removing a full set of mods is not expensive either. It's all relative to ones own wealth.

Oh, we haven't been properly introduced.

Hello elitist!

Sorry, but the difference between 94k and 539k is huge for the majority of people. So stop trash talk. I don't care what elitists think. IRL you can buy bread for $20 but it doesn't change the FACT it is expensive because its price is much higher than the regular one.

That said, you are clearly mistaken. 20k does not unlock 5 tabs, watch the video again. I would not be surprised to see increased costs, the more tabs you open, same concept as vault/legacy storage, thereby encouraging poor players to use CCs rather than credits, again, this will not be 1CC per tab, not a chance.

First 5 tabs cost 20k each. That's what is posted on dulfy. I might have omitted the word "each", but don't jump to conclusions. Where did I say something about keeping 1CC price? Nowhere.

I do appreciate you optimism though, if you think BWs whole point of running this game is not to milk every last penny out of you, then I really wish I had a pair of your pink sunglasses.

Again, where did I say that Bioware doesn't want to milk cash out of the game? I didn't generalize about the general situation of the game. I only said that the MAIN goal of THIS NEW FEATURE is to increase the demand for outfits which will result in increased sales of packs. The outfit designer feature IS NOT the whole game. MAIN goal IS NOT the only goal. They will certainly benefit from tabs bought by CC, but the MAIN increase will come from boosted sales of packs.

You just interpret the posts in a way to fit your reasoning. I'm out of here. You could have warned me before I replied to you that you were full of bantha poodoo.

<opens airlock and jumps out>

...................Again, where did I say that Bioware doesn't want to milk cash out of the game? I didn't generalize about the general situation of the game. I only said that the MAIN goal of THIS NEW FEATURE is to increase the demand for outfits which will result in increased sales of packs. The outfit designer feature IS NOT the whole game. MAIN goal IS NOT the only goal. They will certainly benefit from tabs bought by CC, but the MAIN increase will come from boosted sales of packs.

I am not sure why you are beating yourself up so much, I think we both agree that the concept is a welcome one, however, I refer you to your previous post.

..................I'm certain that Bioware's main goal is not to make people spend CC on the Outfit Designer..................

Whilst I agree that they want to improve pack sales, since I am pretty sure they have fallen significantly of late, they will do everything they can to make you pay real money in order to use the outfit designer. My spending on CC coins since the slot machine fiasco and other issues at the time, along with community team disinterest surrounding it have stopped, up until that point I bought probably 3 hypercrates with CC each release (probably spent around an extra £100 per month on top of my sub), now I buy no CC whatsoever, pack sales are not the issue, CC purchasing is.

1st 5 tabs, 20k each, who knows what the next are, might be 20k. Add to that 14k per slot, within each tab and the cost is rapidly rising.

I can only speak for myself, but I personally find that I rarely change outfits, but this is not down to the cost, it is down to the not particularly pleasing to my eye outfits. Takes me ages to make a decent mix n match setup I actually like, and then I tend to stick to that, changing a belt here and there when something I prefer is released.

Anything with a cape/cloak/skirt, I do not use, ever, these glitch on seated mounts and look awful as a result. I accept that some people have no standards, and will happily ride around with their pants dragging along the floor behind them, that's fine.

Am I likely to use the designer to use those outfits I currently refuse to wear due to the above issue? Absolutely. No harm is slipping into something more comfortable once in a while, and I think that's what they are relying on, those of us who will end up unlocking all the tabs, think about the roleplayers, they will love this, and are clearly the main target audience.

But please do not think they are doing this for our benefit, they are not, an outfit system should of been in at launch, it is only now, that a means of extracting money from it, do they see the need to add it.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

It is very cool and very fun. Also, you people complaining about the prices just stop. They aren't final and are just placeholders until things get adjusted. Can't some of you just ever be happy about this stuff? Just be positive guys. It will be great!

I can't wait for this to go live. It's a very nice feature. And of course the first iteration of it. It will probably be built upon in the future. But this is great! I am an big outfit person in mmorpgs. That's mainly what I do when I get my characters up, with the different looks. So I will be using this, heavily. :).

Edited by Sarfux

Again, where did I say that Bioware doesn't want to milk cash out of the game? I didn't generalize about the general situation of the game. I only said that the MAIN goal of THIS NEW FEATURE is to increase the demand for outfits which will result in increased sales of packs. The outfit designer feature IS NOT the whole game. MAIN goal IS NOT the only goal. They will certainly benefit from tabs bought by CC, but the MAIN increase will come from boosted sales of packs.

You just interpret the posts in a way to fit your reasoning. I'm out of here. You could have warned me before I replied to you that you were full of bantha poodoo.

<opens airlock and jumps out>

Pretty much, but this is a win/win situation if I've ever seen one. People get appearance slots for free, and charging cc for additional ones beyond this is absolutely fair game IMO.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.