The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Quick guide to the Outfit Designer arriving in 3.2

Iwipe

knew it was basically gonna be this.

lmao to all those that argued bioware would do more (like allow removal of shoulder pads, backpacks, etc.)

"told ya so" comes to mind but whatever.

Still it's typical. the companion's not being able to use it is just bs. typical of them to not go the extra little bit

Still it's typical. the companion's not being able to use it is just bs. typical of them to not go the extra little bit

Took them a while to get Unify Colors on companions. If this feature is successful (no doubt it will), I would not be surprised if it does eventually get to companions.

idk why you guys so mad about the armor restriction

i dont really care about other peoples look but i dont get why someone being a light armor wearing sage is mad about not being able to look like that tanky darth malgus juggernaut doombringer.

its just not meant to be like that. i dont even know why some mercenaries equip like sorcerers tbh but i guess it comes down to personal preference. however its a cool addition and was long overdue anyways!

the only thing i am still missing is the option to dye certain parts of the armor and not being limited to that stupid 2-color-dye system where 90% of the combinations are total crap.

then why let the knight wear the light armor? he has zero reason for it

Overall pretty much what I expected it to be.

It will be nice to open up some of the underutilised grey/white/green/blue gear.

I really hope the devs reconsider and remove the type restriction on light and medium armour wearers. You are just stamping the model appearance no stats are transferred. It seems unfair that a heavy armour wearer can run around in a bikini and keep their heavy armour rating (been in since adaptive was introduced) but light armour wearers have no choice but to stay with light and adaptive armour types.

Hopefully there'll be some keybinding shortcuts or quickslot icons to the sets as well so you don't have to go through two panels everytime you want to change.

idk why you guys so mad about the armor restriction

i dont really care about other peoples look but i dont get why someone being a light armor wearing sage is mad about not being able to look like that tanky darth malgus juggernaut doombringer.

its just not meant to be like that. i dont even know why some mercenaries equip like sorcerers tbh but i guess it comes down to personal preference.

Why light armor classes should be put under a more "strict" standard on what is acceptable to wear ? If heavy armor classes can look and wear whatever the heck they feel like, nonsensical or not, then everybody else should too.

Also, there's a lot more than Malgus' looks, so disregarding the complaint entirely based on that one case, it's just shortsided

Edited by wainot-keel

Overall pretty much what I expected it to be.

It will be nice to open up some of the underutilised grey/white/green/blue gear.

I really hope the devs reconsider and remove the type restriction on light and medium armour wearers. You are just stamping the model appearance no stats are transferred. It seems unfair that a heavy armour wearer can run around in a bikini and keep their heavy armour rating (been in since adaptive was introduced) but light armour wearers have no choice but to stay with light and adaptive armour types.

Hopefully there'll be some keybinding shortcuts or quickslot icons to the sets as well so you don't have to go through two panels everytime you want to change.

they just copied wow on that.