The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Can't Do the Things I Want

DarrthGamer

Since coming back, I can't do the main things I enjoy and want to do (IE. Warzones and Galactic Starfighter), at least not very often. Any time I queue up for these things, it's a hassle. I keep getting put into arena-type Warzones where my team has 3 people, and the enemy team has 4. Same things with all the other warzones. The teams are imbalanced... That's even assuming I can get into a game. The queues are stupid long, and at certain times they literally NEVER pop.

This isn't even mentioning flashpoint queues. Those never happen either....

I was going to buy that package sell that's going on right now (60 days game time, and both expansions for 40 bucks), but what's the point? Why do that when I can't do the things I most want to do in this game? Am I missing something? Didn't they JUST do a server merge? How is this still an issue? Is this entire game dying?

(I'm on Shadowlands atm. I know everyone is just going to say "move to Harbinger" but I'm not going to do that. I shouldn't have to reroll now just because I missed the memo, and didn't roll on the one server that has a decent population and low queue times. That's crazy. A new player shouldn't have to do that crap...)

My server is fine. *shrug*

You want to do things, you need to be around people who want to do the same things. The people who want to do the things you like are apparently on a different server. Either make more friends and get them to play with you on your server, or move to a server where you can find more people who like what you like. Or, you can wait for BioWare to magically create a new population of competent PvP players out of thin air and stick them on Shadowlands just for you.

:rak_04:

Wrooong.

Not a single merge happened while I have been playing since October 2013, so the server merge wasn't JUST made.

Ok, I thought they just did it end of last year. Still, they merge all the servers, and then the decline is so severe that a couple years later the servers are all desolate again, and in need of another merge? Posts like mine are all over the forums. (How to deal with server issues, server problems, queue problems, they needs cross-server queues, etc.)

They need to merge all the servers into one. I mean, already everyone's solution to this subject is to move to one server (Harbinger). I don't see the upside of being on any other server. So apparently there is no point to any other server existing...

I've seen a lot of other threads about this, and everyone gets hostile about it in reply for some reason. Yet, it's a very real problem for anyone not on Harbinger (and a couple other servers). So they need to just merge it down to 1-2 servers. I shouldn't, as a new player, have to scour the forums to figure out the one server that actually works before I make my character... And then if I don't do that, I'm forced to pay for a transfer 3 months after I start my character because I didn't know any better.

Not only that, everyone's hostile attitude when anyone says anything at all about SWTOR is baffling. I want to play this game, and enjoy this game, but these issues are off-putting in a way that I don't want to deal with it. Then the way that everyone replies to this matter is the final nail in the coffin. To the point where I will just quit in a couple weeks. So the game gets none of my money.

Then, another new guy comes along, encounters the same issues, posts on the forums, and gets the same dickish responses, and doesn't give the game any money either. So where is this game in a few years?

It's an unstoppable downward spiral apparently. :(

Ok, I thought they just did it end of last year. Still, they merge all the servers, and then the decline is so severe that a couple years later the servers are all desolate again, and in need of another merge? Posts like mine are all over the forums. (How to deal with server issues, server problems, queue problems, they needs cross-server queues, etc.)

They need to merge all the servers into one. I mean, already everyone's solution to this subject is to move to one server (Harbinger). I don't see the upside of being on any other server. So apparently there is no point to any other server existing...

No, they don't need to merge all the servers into one.

Again: The RP servers are fine. We don't need anything you have on Harbinger.

The only people who want merges are PVP players who only want to play with other PVP players.

I've seen a lot of other threads about this, and everyone gets hostile about it in reply for some reason. Yet, it's a very real problem for anyone not on Harbinger (and a couple other servers). So they need to just merge it down to 1-2 servers. I shouldn't, as a new player, have to scour the forums to figure out the one server that actually works before I make my character... And then if I don't do that, I'm forced to pay for a transfer 3 months after I start my character because I didn't know any better.

Not only that, everyone's hostile attitude when anyone says anything at all about SWTOR is baffling. I want to play this game, and enjoy this game, but these issues are off-putting in a way that I don't want to deal with it. Then the way that everyone replies to this matter is the final nail in the coffin. To the point where I will just quit in a couple weeks. So the game gets none of my money.

Then, another new guy comes along, encounters the same issues, posts on the forums, and gets the same dickish responses, and doesn't give the game any money either. So where is this game in a few years?

It's an unstoppable downward spiral apparently. :(

I play on the same server as you, I think. Shadowlands. If that is the same server, then we...in general...team with guilds and friends we met as we leveled the first few times. Case in point; I play exclusively with the same people I played my first few characters together with. We met in beta. There is a list of like 10 people we 'sometimes" will call on to run flashpoints or whatnot.

Gotta remember the mature the community the more likely they avoid the drama that is pugging. I advise talking to people and joining a guild. Random invites and joining ques is no way to make actual friends.

SWTOR is kinda in a "no win scenario" when it comes to PvP. Remember few people that identify as PvPers roll on a PvE server. You do have fewer PvP servers BUT if you look at their loads regularly they probably could roll both non-RP servers into one. This is where the "no win scenario" kicks in. Don't merge the servers and your GSF queue stays long and players complain. If you do merge them then people scream "omg the game is dying they are merging servers!!" and the change that was intended to make people happy with shorter queue times in PvP esults in people leaving based on the perception that server merge = game dead.

The same thing happens at launch. Game opens with X number of servers. People complain about queue times. Games opens Y new servers. They open too many new ones and people complain that their server has too low a pop. They merge servers to deal with this new complaint and its DOOM!!!! /shrug.

Edited by Ghisallo

I've seen a lot of other threads about this, and everyone gets hostile about it in reply for some reason. Yet, it's a very real problem for anyone not on Harbinger (and a couple other servers). So they need to just merge it down to 1-2 servers.

I just wanted to respond to this point. The reason you see hostility in threads like this is because while you (and a non-zero number of other players) may be having issues, not everyone is. Yet the solution inevitably proposed by those affected is to muck up everyone else's happy funtime with mandatory server merges.

Posts that demand wide-reaching changes for the entire game's population in order to benefit a small minority are often seen as whiny, self-absorbed and/or entitled. Their repetitiveness doesn't help, either.

If the devs see queue times and server population as a real problem, they'll take the necessary steps. In the meantime, other posters really are giving the best advice possible under the circumstances.

Yea its depressing sometimes really. I wish they could make cross server thing so you could que with people from other servers, WoW has it but thats WoW with all their resources. Dont know how hard it would be for Bioware and EA to implement this, but im sure im not the only one that would welcome such a thing ALOT