Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Do you get every single new skill?

Geeluc

I just noticed today, that I haven't used Leg Shot at all during the game yet, so I've not up graded it.

I can get Hunker Down, but I kinda don't see the point, not for me anyways, I don't really get 'controlled' that often, maybe later I will have to get it.

Has everyone else been getting every skill as you can buy them, or do you leave some?

I got all, and found a use for all of them, even while leveling. For the two spells you mentioned:

Hunker down makes you immune to any cc/knockback and increases your ranged defense. If you're ever fighting an elite who will try to cc you this skill is amazing. Also for those situations where you companion dies, hunker down + defense screen keep you alive alot longer.

For leg shot: If you want to save your companion/yourself against (a) heavy hitting melee mob(s) just legshot them away from yourself/your companion and they can't do damage for 5 seconds. Also gives you plenty of time to run away and reposition yourself.

I think it goes without saying, but those two abilities are mostly for pvp, although I have used both while leveling as well.

Hunker down especially can make for some hilarious moments on the voidstar bridge.

Brain-dead Inquisitors just think 'trololol, easy kill'... run up and use overload to try and knock you off.

Thanks to hunker down, you come off unscathed, hit cover pulse... you're laughing.

That moment alone and imagining the rage of the person is more than enough to make it worth getting in my opinion :D

I really have used everything given to me. I love leg shot in pvp and pve if I have melee on me I can knock back and hit them with it so I m not getting hit for a bit while I take them down.

I love this game so far and how I do use everything given to me not just 5 or 6 things.

Leg shot is one of our more useful CC abilities. If you're not using it, you're making life harder for yourself than it should be - it's a instant speed root with a short CD, and is fantastic for taking care of melee elites. Without it, you'll fail badly in PvP.

The only time I don't buy all my abilities is on another of my characters, a healer, who doesn't bother to upgrade the weaker DPS skills as he never uses them. As a DPS class, you want to be getting everything and learning when to use it.

I definitely have my "must have" list for training and my "when I have left over cash" list of skills. I usually end up with all of them trained pretty quickly, but there are definitely some skills that I rarely/never use that I don't care about.

I don't doubt that they are useful in certain situations, but it should suffice to say that I do just fine without them... depending on my build of course.

So weird, I've not been using it at all and don't seem to be missing it. I generally do OK in battle, even with golds, but I'll have to rearrange my tool bar and put it in somewhere. Same with Leg Shot.

I guess it's each to their own. Good tips though.

You can disable it.

Disabled companion abilities re-enable on every transition. :(

This means not only area loads but also dismiss/resummon, getting on/off a mount or taxi, or any elevator.

Harpoon isn't the worst ability for this, either -- the tank companions *love* firing off CC-breaking area effects.

I use Leg shot all the time. On melee mobs- Aimed shot, leg shot, vital shot, charged burst and by that time whatever I'm shooting at is down to much less than half life.

Maybe it will change when I get to 50, but so far I haven't found a need for that at all. I think the gcd is kind of wasted, because if you subtract that from the amount of time they are slowed you really aren't left with that much. I would rather do a cover instant charged as charged charged (they are faster) but usually nothing is alive after I do that with a ts/qd. Any that do get close though its pulse, leave cover/enter cover, instant charged. My crits well over 30% (closer to 40%) before the increase from SS. I'm always getting the reduced time on as, with the alacrity increase.

For ranged, it's the same. I've yet to find I have a problem with melee though that would require the use of the cd waste when I could pump more damage into them. Now maybe I will at higher levels though. I'm kind of hoping because right now the only things that stop me are heroic areas, and the messed up cover system. Even then the dmg reduction from kb is great, and as has an addition knockback.

Just my experience, and completely anecdotal.

For skills I don't bother training certain things. Like kick, I use it for the stun. That's it, so why bother training it. I use it so rarely it wouldn't be much help to train it anyway.

For ranged, it's the same. I've yet to find I have a problem with melee though that would require the use of the cd waste when I could pump more damage into them. Now maybe I will

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.