The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Vanguard Tactics PvE 186 gear stats

Iffyluse

Hello, I've been bangin my head against the wall for the past few days trying to get the stats for my Tactics Vanguard right. I only have access to the 186 gear from Basic Comm vendors and what's available on GTN, and I want to make the best of it to prepare for SM raids. The best parse I've had so far was 3.43k DPS, and it was with 222surge/ala 350 crit rating (at least on Dulfy it said it was the "optimal ratio" ) and 780 accuracy. I have like 6 power augments, and 186 yavin gear. All the guides i found seem to be confusing in general, so I would like to ask players who actually have experience with this stuff and would recommend what are the proper Crit, Accuracy, Surge, Alacrity stats from 186 gear that would make the most of it. Is it the more base/bonus damage thats important for Tactics or the dmg you get from high crit/surge crits?

I'm mainly tanking with my Vanguard but I need a DPS option too (like to switch to DPS for single tank Underlurker fight), never played a DPS class previously ;) . And I hate the idea of a DoT spec, I'm really liking the rotation of Tactics, it's all very instant.

Edited by Iffyluse

Modified my optimization code to run off 186 stuff and using 186 a-mods.

End result:

281 Crit

204 Surge (Combination of 2 enhancements/earpieces/implants)

408 Alacrity (Combination of 4 enhancements/earpieces/implants)

772 Accuracy (Combination of 4 enhancements/earpieces/implants + also 7 augments)

Remaining augments are power or crit.

Note: The optimization code actually only runs through possible gear options, so 281 is the recommended crit rating to run, and is also achievable.

Also note this got an average DPS (over a 240GCD Period) of 3714.5567dps. So about a 400dps increase on what you are currently pulling.

I removed set bonus buffs before putting this in as well, with set bonus's devaluing crit if you include them.