Help with Sentinel Stats Priority?

seektravota

Difficult to say.

Currently I run a split between strength and power augments, and I vary between all 4 surge pieces or 3 surge pieces and 1 alacrity piece and 1 surge augment.

Bear in mind I am basically in full 198 optimized, I have tested critical pieces with little change in numbers, alacrity seems to be beneficial for Dummy Parses but not so much for Operation fights.

Basically I have 1 extra enhancement, 480 surge is too much, and 360 is too little. But all other pieces seem to be less effective on Sentinels than on other classes.

Difficult to say.

Currently I run a split between strength and power augments, and I vary between all 4 surge pieces or 3 surge pieces and 1 alacrity piece and 1 surge augment.

Bear in mind I am basically in full 198 optimized, I have tested critical pieces with little change in numbers, alacrity seems to be beneficial for Dummy Parses but not so much for Operation fights.

Basically I have 1 extra enhancement, 480 surge is too much, and 360 is too little. But all other pieces seem to be less effective on Sentinels than on other classes.

Thanks for the input. Right now I'm running combat, 192 mainhand, 198 offhand, 6-set piece. Advanced Russan FR and SA relics.

I have 1 alacrity enhancement, 2 crit mod, rest are accuracy and surge. All the augments are strength.

The stats come down to

Melee 1990 - 2318 (Pri), Bonus Damage 1333.6, 100% accuracy, 23.55% crit, 68.54% surge

Force 2015.8 Bonus damage, 110.00% accuracy, 23.96% crit, 68.54% surge, 4.47%

I've been hitting on an op dummy, the best I can do in Combat Spec seems to be only 3960 (in watchman 4.1k-4.2k). I wonder if there's something I'm not doing right. I thought Sentinels can do 4.2-4.5k

Here's a parse link http://swtor-parser.elasticbeanstalk.com/parser/view/13847/0

Do you have any advice?

Edited by seektravota

Thanks for the input. Right now I'm running combat, 192 mainhand, 198 offhand, 6-set piece. Advanced Russan FR and SA relics.

I have 1 alacrity enhancement, 2 crit mod, rest are accuracy and surge. All the augments are strength.

The stats come down to

Melee 1990 - 2318 (Pri), Bonus Damage 1333.6, 100% accuracy, 23.55% crit, 68.54% surge

Force 2015.8 Bonus damage, 110.00% accuracy, 23.96% crit, 68.54% surge, 4.47%

I've been hitting on an op dummy, the best I can do in Combat Spec seems to be only 3960 (in watchman 4.1k-4.2k). I wonder if there's something I'm not doing right. I thought Sentinels can do 4.2-4.5k

Here's a parse link http://swtor-parser.elasticbeanstalk.com/parser/view/13847/0

Do you have any advice?

Bring your surge up to 70%, or at least 69%. Drop some of that critical rating. Its more effective to be running all power until you reach full 198 optimized - for dummy parsing at least. Some critical rating is beneficial for operation fights to give more consistent numbers, but you have too much at the moment - drop it to around 22% if you want to keep some critical rating. (I have 22% rating in full 198 optimized purely because it gives me more consistent numbers in fights, not optimal for parsing).

Drop that alacrity for surge until you have higher tier gear, its not worth it until then.

For starters, you wont parse high in any Sentinel spec unless you use a solid rotation.

Combat rotation - http://swtor-parser.elasticbeanstalk.com/parser/view/7211/2

Watchman rotation - http://swtor-parser.elasticbeanstalk.com/parser/view/13793/5

(Write down the rotations for combat and watchman and learn them, they'll more than likely increase your numbers.

Edited by CameoCream

Bring your surge up to 70%, or at least 69%. Drop some of that critical rating. Its more effective to be running all power until you reach full 198 optimized - for dummy parsing at least. Some critical rating is beneficial for operation fights to give more consistent numbers, but you have too much at the moment - drop it to around 22% if you want to keep some critical rating. (I have 22% rating in full 198 optimized purely because it gives me more consistent numbers in fights, not optimal for parsing).

Drop that alacrity for surge until you have higher tier gear, its not worth it until then.

For starters, you wont parse high in any Sentinel spec unless you use a solid rotation.

Watchman rotation - http://swtor-parser.elasticbeanstalk.com/parser/view/13793/5

(Write down the rotations for combat and watchman and learn them, they'll more than likely increase your numbers.

Thanks so much! I've been studying combat rotation and finally got down to an optimized rotation now. I also swapped out the alacrity mod for surge. Now my highest combat parse (in the same gear) is 4316!!!! :D

Once you get more optimized gear be sure to put back in that alacrity enhancement, its decent on combat.

But that seems about right, keep working at it.

Only on Combat? I'm running one alacrity enhancement on Watchman as well. Haven't tried to swap it for surge for some time, since seemed to give better results ever since I had first tried it...

Edited by Ardarell_Solo

Only on Combat? I'm running one alacrity enhancement on Watchman as well. Haven't tried to swap it for surge for some time, since seemed to give better results ever since I had first tried it...

Well alacrity is far superior to critical rating, ill put it that way. Outside of dummy parses I don't see much benefit of alacrity, but its still viable for each spec.

Hello i have a Question

i have a problem i have full SM set right but i am sure if to go 7% Alac or 4%

do Alac really help us in dps? as for Carge / anhi spec ?

Yes you can run a full alacrity set and output the same dps as a normally geared sentinel (power/surge) on a dummy parse. Outside of that however, I do not see it being a huge benefit, power surge will be more optimal.

Yes you can run a full alacrity set and output the same dps as a normally geared sentinel (power/surge) on a dummy parse. Outside of that however, I do not see it being a huge benefit, power surge will be more optimal.

ok thanks mate :)

Just glancing at your parse for watchmen, what's your stat priority at? I'm currently running a mix of 192/198, I have no crit, surge is 64% and alacrity running just over 1.5%.

Just glancing at your parse for watchmen, what's your stat priority at? I'm currently running a mix of 192/198, I have no crit, surge is 64% and alacrity running just over 1.5%.

4070 Strength. 2569 Power. (50/50 Split on power/strength augments)

100.14 accuracy.

90 critical rating.

412 surge rating.

120 alacrity rating.

I am no where need as good as CameoCream but as he / she said alacrity is great on a dummy but it sucks on an actual boss, as you just cant do the extra apm on a boss that you can on dummy due to mechanics. I tried running a high alacrity build though a few ops and despite being up on avg 150 dps or so on the dummy in the operations I was down about 200 - 300 dps. So in my opinion 400+ alacrity s bad.

I basically gear the same as cameo 1 alacrity enhancement, 1 surge augment and the rest might or overkill depending on your preference. For me crit is not that beneficial so far but I do not have as much 198 gear as cameo as I am only 5/10 on the new hard mode ops .

Anyways since I am probably closer to the gear you have access to just thought I would comment, this is parse of mine from bulo with a 198 ear, offhand, 1 relic and implant rest is 192. So basically listen to Cameo :). I would bring your surge up to 70% we gets so many crits from our bleeds / burns it just make sense

http://parsely.io/parser/view/11069/15

Edited by WheresMyWhisky

I tried running a high alacrity build though a few ops and despite being up on avg 150 dps or so on the dummy in the operations I was down about 200 - 300 dps. So in my opinion 400+ alacrity s bad.

http://parsely.io/parser/view/11069/15

The only reason I use alacrity for my progression gear is because the 120 rating grants one extra GCD for your adrenal. And because nothing else is better in my opinion. (Which in a burn phase on Ruugar for example, may give me an extra 750 power on another merciless slash if I use it correctly - which is a huge bonus.).

Some fights are good for alacrity if we are talking Hard mode. Sparky, Bulo, M&B, Mala, SS all benefit from the small gain in alacrity. The rest you can chose to trade out for another enhancement, but the difference is so minimal that it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

The only reason I run a small bit of critical rating is for operations, I dont parse with critical rating. Like the small gain in alacrity, I think it can make a fight give more consistent numbers - thats the only reason I run it.

Plus, parsing is just about RNG once you know the rotation. The only difference between me, and Lumee and you, is gear and RNG - but mostly RNG.

(But basically what I am saying, is with my gear setup, you have a totally free enhancement to use on whatever stat choice you want as it wont really matter).

Edited by CameoCream

The only reason I use alacrity for my progression gear is because the 120 rating grants one extra GCD for your adrenal. And because nothing else is better in my opinion. (Which in a burn phase on Ruugar for example, may give me an extra 750 power on another merciless slash if I use it correctly - which is a huge bonus.).

Some fights are good for alacrity if we are talking Hard mode. Sparky, Bulo, M&B, Mala, SS all benefit from the small gain in alacrity. The rest you can chose to trade out for another enhancement, but the difference is so minimal that it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

The only reason I run a small bit of critical rating is for operations, I dont parse with critical rating. Like the small gain in alacrity, I think it can make a fight give more consistent numbers - thats the only reason I run it.

Plus, parsing is just about RNG once you know the rotation. The only difference between me, and Lumee and you, is gear and RNG - but mostly RNG.

(But basically what I am saying, is with my gear setup, you have a totally free enhancement to use on whatever stat choice you want as it wont really matter).

Btw, are there any "special" tricks to improve my APM on watchman? Ive studied your log pretty heavily (same gear etc) and im usually 3-4 gdcs behind (sitting at 33,5). I currently do around 4950 without adrenals and inspiration. And when i use them, i usually do same dps or worse :confused: Funny :p

Btw, are there any "special" tricks to improve my APM on watchman? Ive studied your log pretty heavily (same gear etc) and im usually 3-4 gdcs behind (sitting at 33,5). I currently do around 4950 without adrenals and inspiration. And when i use them, i usually do same dps or worse :confused: Funny :p

I would assume you mean 43.5, as 33.5 is extremely low.

Clip your Master Strike. I cannot stress how important this is. You must clip this in your opener, as it will speed up your following GCDs, and more importantly means your merciless slash can be used more frequently.

Let me put it this way. if you continuously clip your master strike by 0.3 seconds successfully, you are gaining 0.3 seconds of dps with each successful clip. (At least I think you do).

You will notice when successfully clipping a Master Strike that you are not able to progress to the next part of your rotation because it is still on cooldown, basically you have missed a clip beforehand and its been pushed back. Its hard to gain it back once you've lost it. (A loss in APM).

For adrenals, I'd look at sections of your parse, not the whole thing- you could have just gotten terrible RNG. Otherwise, I pop my adrenals, inspiration, zen within a second - as its very important how quickly you can activate all of them together. If you do it correctly, your adrenal should last until your slash in the final part of the opener.

(After every parse. I check my 'overall' critical percentage. Then my Merciless slash percentage. Then my burns. You can tell how lucky you were by checking those. 33% overall is standard. If you do however get a high critical percentage, but a low parse and you didnt mess up - then check the average critical hits on each one of those).

The Marauder below me got 44% overall critical percentage, you must sacrifice many virgins to get that sort of luck. I would assume he was only in 192's.

As a side note, depending on what sort of computer you have, I'd turn the graphics down to playdoh settings. I find with my normal settings I get a loss in fps, which can hurt a parse.

Also set up a ability queue window, and button mash.

The only other thing I can suggest is practice, you need to know what comes next before you use the ability before it.

(Something I am currently working on is replacing TST with a Slash if it doesnt proc, as it will hit harder).

Edited by CameoCream

I would assume you mean 43.5, as 33.5 is extremely low.

Clip your Master Strike. I cannot stress how important this is. You must clip this in your opener, as it will speed up your following GCDs, and more importantly means your merciless slash can be used more frequently.

Let me put it this way. if you continuously clip your master strike by 0.3 seconds successfully, you are gaining 0.3 seconds of dps with each successful clip. (At least I think you do).

You will notice when successfully clipping a Master Strike that you are not able to progress to the next part of your rotation because it is still on cooldown, basically you have missed a clip beforehand and its been pushed back. Its hard to gain it back once you've lost it. (A loss in APM).

For adrenals, I'd look at sections of your parse, not the whole thing- you could have just gotten terrible RNG. Otherwise, I pop my adrenals, inspiration, zen within a second - as its very important how quickly you can activate all of them together. If you do it correctly, your adrenal should last until your slash in the final part of the opener.

(After every parse. I check my 'overall' critical percentage. Then my Merciless slash percentage. Then my burns. You can tell how lucky you were by checking those. 33% overall is standard. If you do however get a high critical percentage, but a low parse and you didnt mess up - then check the average critical hits on each one of those).

The Marauder below me got 44% overall critical percentage, you must sacrifice many virgins to get that sort of luck. I would assume he was only in 192's.

As a side note, depending on what sort of computer you have, I'd turn the graphics down to playdoh settings. I find with my normal settings I get a loss in fps, which can hurt a parse.

Also set up a ability queue window, and button mash.

The only other thing I can suggest is practice, you need to know what comes next before you use the ability before it.

(Something I am currently working on is replacing TST with a Slash if it doesnt proc, as it will hit harder).

thank you :rak_03:

I'm running combat spec.

And once I figured out the rotation. I actually realized having alacrity mod will screw up the pacing.

For combat spec, it's more like hurdling than dash - i cannot hit too fast, or too slow, or allow alacrity to mess with GCD at all to screw up my pacing. The optimal build for combat spec is accuracy to 110% and, for the rest, stack surge.

Edited by seektravota