Ravage no longer clippable

LordTercept

Since patch 3.1.1 I can no longer clip my ravage early as I used to be able to do before. The third tick is landing later in the animation than it used to. It's coming at the very end of the animation now. Tip of the hat to Bolagrius on Pot5 for pointing it out to me as I had been playing rage and hadn't noticed it since the patch.

Yeah... I'm not noticing any issues. I've accidentally tapped my straffing keys and broken it like a 'tard. :o

I actually spent about an hour at the Gav Daragon training dummy last night on my Guardian just practicing clipping Master Strike at the very instant that the final tick occurs so I could keep my APM high. Seems the sweet spot is just a hair's breath before the sound effect of the final tick hitting is when the damage actually takes place, so when I properly clipped it I'd never get the sound effect of that strike, I'd just see the damage number of the third tick pop up over the dummy's head.

I actually spent about an hour at the Gav Daragon training dummy last night on my Guardian just practicing clipping Master Strike at the very instant that the final tick occurs so I could keep my APM high. Seems the sweet spot is just a hair's breath before the sound effect of the final tick hitting is when the damage actually takes place, so when I properly clipped it I'd never get the sound effect of that strike, I'd just see the damage number of the third tick pop up over the dummy's head.

I couldn't deal with that -- the anticipation for the sound, but none. Like when I clip my Celebration Mishap and thing explodes, but there is no big boom or fire.

I couldn't deal with that -- the anticipation for the sound, but none. Like when I clip my Celebration Mishap and thing explodes, but there is no big boom or fire.

It doesn't bother me. But really, Vigilance is sooooooo much fun. I've lost count of the number of people who tried to CC me through Unremitting in the last hour and a half.

It doesn't bother me. But really, Vigilance is sooooooo much fun. I've lost count of the number of people who tried to CC me through Unremitting in the last hour and a half.

Yet long ago when I made my jugg You said your level 53 was the most boring piece of crap...

;)

Vigilance seems more of a graceful (not sure if right word lol) combatant. It seems more balanced and quick, while the Vengeance is a heavy hitting slower looking aggressive powerhouse.

This is pretty much how I feel about it. Vigilance Guardian feels like a fluid, graceful warrior who is extremely deadly but makes it look like a fine art, whereas Vengeance Juggernaut feels like a brute who found that the most effective way for him to fight is to flail his lightsaber around willy nilly and crushes things under sheet physical strength. That's why Vengeance just isn't fun for me to play and Vigilance is hella fun.

This is pretty much how I feel about it. Vigilance Guardian feels like a fluid, graceful warrior who is extremely deadly but makes it look like a fine art, whereas Vengeance Juggernaut feels like a brute who found that the most effective way for him to fight is to flail his lightsaber around willy nilly and crushes things under sheet physical strength. That's why Vengeance just isn't fun for me to play and Vigilance is hella fun.

Really? I don't use Vicious Slash as veng at all, and that's the only real brute move I can think of. Scream, though...

Really? I don't use Vicious Slash as veng at all, and that's the only real brute move I can think of. Scream, though...

Impale is brutish, imo. Leaping up and shoving your saber, vertically, through the other person's body? It just looks asinine. Admittedly, the front flip on Overhead Slash isn't exactly textbook, but it looks a lot more fluid and graceful than Impale, which just looks like the Jugg accidentally did that with his saber one day and stuck with it.

Another thing: sabers cauterize. How are people combusting?

I guess "bleed" doesn't make sense either.

Neither of them make any sense, and the whole "bleeding" aspect is something that I've always found amusing about Annihilation. Though Plasma Brand's tooltip says that it "engulfs your lightsaber in fiery plasma" so at least that dot makes some sense. Although I'm not sure how effective it would be to cover a PLASMA SWORD in more plasma and have them burn, but I guess if said extra plasma was molten or burning or something.....

I'm probably getting too deep into this.

Neither of them make any sense, and the whole "bleeding" aspect is something that I've always found amusing about Annihilation. Though Plasma Brand's tooltip says that it "engulfs your lightsaber in fiery plasma" so at least that dot makes some sense. Although I'm not sure how effective it would be to cover a PLASMA SWORD in more plasma and have them burn, but I guess if said extra plasma was molten or burning or something.....

I'm probably getting too deep into this.

Like I said on steam, I used to think that you would have to retoggle your stance as an assassin because the discharge tooltip lead me to believe the lightning didn't regenerate :p

My thoughts exactly. Watching a jugg lifting a saber like it's a lumberjack axe (while it weights just as much as a hilt itself) was so stange at first. And then I saw that Master Strike.:csw_bluesaber:

Yeah...the Vigilance is a samurai...strength combined with grace and speed, using a strong blow but precisely applied. The Vengence is a berserker... unrestrained brute force attempting to simply batter and crush the opposition.

If they used metal blades the Vigilance would be the guy who slashes...you see blood drip from the katana and then a few seconds later half the opponents head would gently slide off. Vengeance would be the guy with the no where near as sharp claymore and you would see a jagged bloody mess where the sword cut into the torso, crushing bone as it went.

My thoughts exactly. Watching a jugg lifting a saber like it's a lumberjack axe (while it weights just as much as a hilt itself) was so stange at first. And then I saw that Master Strike.:csw_bluesaber:

Actually, at the moment the Sith uses that strike, the saber is in fact as heavy as a lumberjack axe (or whatever heavy striking weapon you'd like to compare it to). They channel Force energy into the saber, making it heavier to produce a more devastating blow.