PvP Sorcerer Thoughts and Question Thread

Slashd

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's your typical rotation in an opening salvo of a PVP encounter?

How do you find this build in open world vs. high damage classes? I got myself stomped by a Consular last night (I was 28, he was 32). Khem Val seems like a bad choice for a PVP pet, while the Consular was running his healbot.

What do you guys run for open world pvp on your sorc?

Death Field crit.

i guess you ll be one of the top nominated guys for getting the captain obvious award....

seriously... if you want to do a high crit... you obviously would use your strongest spell, which would be either chainL or deathfield...

my question was rather, if its possible to crit that high with the gear you get while lvling ..

cuz all other classes (or most of them) can easily do 2.5k+ crits...

sorcerer however... idk.. i ve done like 100 Bgs now... and i always crit for 2k or so with my DF...

suxxx tbh...

i thought sorcerer is some kind of burst class and no dot n run class

all other classes (or most of them) can easily do 2.5k+ crits...

sorcerer however... idk.. i ve done like 100 Bgs now... and i always crit for 2k or so with my DF...

suxxx tbh...

i thought sorcerer is some kind of burst class and no dot n run class

A sorcerer with decent gear, not great, can get both the 2.5k healing and dmg medal and it's pretty easy too. In a decent game you can get both 75k healing and damage. Not all classes can do these things and and above all, I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if all classes are as fun in PvP.

If with your current gear you can't get that easy, just have some patience. Be happy with what we have imo.

Edited by Lord_Indomitus

yeah i just feel kinda cheated by this class lol..

i mean its more a dot than a real caste class, should be named sith warlock :rolleyes:

i d thought at least 1 specc tree would allow us to be some kind of real caster class needing some good positioning and ditching out some incredible burst, if the enemy wasnt paying attention..

i went into wz with my lvl 18 assasin... i got the 2.5k medal right away... i always had like 5 medals with my sin and that at lvl 18!

with the 15% wz buff i m still critting for 2.1k dmg lal (dethfield)... well idk maybe my gear is way to bad ....

I always get a min of 5-6 medals / game...(and that's not including the 2.5k dmg one)

I'm guessing i'll be able to hit 2.5k+ damage with CL after i get level 39+ with the 50% + crit damage on it.

Medals are usually 2.5k heal, Killing blow, 75k heal, 75k damage.

That is 4 given ~ then u just add in defender or 10 + 25 kills etc etc..

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201ZbsMrdRbZsrbRsMk.1

My pvp build thoughts/feedback? all comments welcome flame me if you want :p

Here is something I would suggest for a dps focused build:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201ZbsMrdRbZcrcRsMk.1

I dropped the following (and why):

Sith Defiance - 1% damage is so minimal it wont save your life. Sorcs will usually be ganged up on and if a player is consistently hitting you for 500 damage (auto attack) you are only mitigating 5 damage. Wont do you much in the long run

Parasitism - As above the 1% isn't going to really save you in the long run. MAYBE in 1v1 if you have no heals coming your way, but in warzones the overall consistent damage you take is too great to really amount to a win. Focusing points on damage would be better

My only other personal thought is on Exsanguinate (lighting tree), I am still testing this, but I believe it actually lowers the per-tick damage of Affliction. The ability does X damage over X secs, and I believe the longer it goes the less it does per tick. On the flip side having it stick with a target longer has its benefits too. After some testing perhaps I will have more data.

In my opinion, I think Lightning is quite viable really - as the whole point of being top of the damage list, and avoiding confutation head on, and play tactically, as I've recently just hit 50, I seem to rock the PvP charts, having the highest kills and damage, with an acceptable KD ratio. :)

For a hybrid PvP build, what stats do you think should take priority? Obviously expertise is the god of PvP stats, but after that what comes next between power/crit/surge/alacrity?

Here's the build I'm running atm:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201ZbsMrdMdZcrcRsMk.1

Not quite as much damage output as possible due to being replaced by a little more utility and control.

What's your thoughts on spec up till level 50?

Is madness still the best all the way up?

Or is there a level where madness becomes better than lightning?

When buying my level 20 PvP gear, do you advice for the set with most endurance or most willpower?

I'm thinking no matter what I choose I'll still be glassy, and the less willpower option will just make my dmg worse. So I went with the willpower focused one, but since glass is our weakness, would choosing the endurance focused set be better?

Thoughts on our low mitigation? Perhaps its a matter of being lvl 50 with pvp gear, but all i gots to QQ about is that grav rounds (http://www.torhead.com/ability/2rLVKjM/grav-round) is the faceroll of em all. We have little armor to being with and static barrier seems to absorb less and less.

Anywho, at lvl 50 seems that finding ways to increase bonus healing (for healer specs) is critial? But the ratio of stats to secondary doesn't make much sense. Has anyone been able to calc it out?

I've been told master for dps builds, mystic for healy builds.

mix and match imo, the 4 piece sucks for both, 3 seconds off static debuff is gold, the reduced cd on crushing is as well, health back on consumption is worthless and the range of jolt/shock is decent (but not as good as say 3s of sb debuff).

plus some of the items are slightly better in each set (off the top of my head, chest boots and gloves is better mystic, pants and helm master for battlemaster items)

Edited by Adzzy

got to lvl 50 about 4 days ago, managed to get 4 champion items.

my thoughts on subject :

sorc at lvl 50 without champion gear is not making much difference from sorc lvl 49.

skills u get at lvl 50 add only a small bit to overall damage, so its not much difference.

but when u get your hands on Champion equip...it gets much more interesting.

at the moment, i only have 287 expertise, which gives me 6.71% bonus to damage / def / healing in PvP, and even with that, I'm really invincible in 1 on 1 fights.

as for skill trees.. i went for madness tree. 3/7/31 build.

normally on first place in Warzones, getting 8-9 medals each fight.