Cancel Cast Button

Azurestone

Please. Or make force barrier overrides all existing casts.

There are numerous times where I got globaled during a TB hard cast, because in my desperation I realized no matter how hard I smash the key for force barrier, it's not gonna override my cast.

And there are even more annoying situations, where in a panic I smashed escape button to cancel thundering blast, but it lagged into my barrier and canceled my barrier at 1 stack of enduring bastion.

Please.

It would be nice if activating a DCD either overrode a cast/channel or continued the cast/channel while still activating it unless the DCD was something like barrier which is on the GCD(especially since ranged classes have so many casts)...too many times on my sniper I have tried to activate evasion/shield probe while also attacking and nothing happens. :( Edited by OMGITSJAD

I generally spacebar or move my character a bit quickly to break cast times.

Then again, I haven't really been playing with the new "cast while moving" utilities.. so I can see how this is a problem.

Edited by Xeraz

It really is horrible at times. Casting TB with on the move utility and needing to get barrier up because of another DPS switching to me. It would be nice to be able to chose what button can be used to end any current cast.

They won't add a stopcasting bind. Few are even aware enough to understand this problem.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=773858

I post about this every time I come back to the game and it never happens. This is not exclusive to force barrier.

Workarounds for thundering blast. Move 180 degrees from your target. It will cancel. Won't work in operative root, so not 100% reliable.

Better workaround: Rebind ESC on your keyboard to a more accessible key. Spamming it though will break your target and pop up your main menu.

Jumping won't work with barrier, because barrier doesn't go off when you're jumping. You'll die with your character's hands up in the animation, but it won't actually go off until you hit the ground. The jump animation takes about a second to land. It doesn't cancel cast while moving anyways.

The fix for barrier. Useable midair and on all terrain. Sometimes it won't go off if you are standing on a rock and it should cancel all casts when you hit the button. This does not fix the overall problem though. Just be glad the game is so easy there isn't school lockout or fake casting. Just another reason why they need an in game macro system.

They won't add a stopcasting bind. Few are even aware enough to understand this problem.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=773858

I post about this every time I come back to the game and it never happens. This is not exclusive to force barrier.

Workarounds for thundering blast. Move 180 degrees from your target. It will cancel. Won't work in operative root, so not 100% reliable.

Better workaround: Rebind ESC on your keyboard to a more accessible key. Spamming it though will break your target and pop up your main menu.

Jumping won't work with barrier, because barrier doesn't go off when you're jumping. You'll die with your character's hands up in the animation, but it won't actually go off until you hit the ground. The jump animation takes about a second to land. It doesn't cancel cast while moving anyways.

The fix for barrier. Useable midair and on all terrain. Sometimes it won't go off if you are standing on a rock and it should cancel all casts when you hit the button. This does not fix the overall problem though. Just be glad the game is so easy there isn't school lockout or fake casting. Just another reason why they need an in game macro system.

It's really desperately needed for an Rdps. There are some clever players who cheese you thundering blast by bursting you during a thundering blast, and it's very annoying. I do the same thing against jugg. Thundering blast then during their ravage hard cast and they can't reflect.

Wow, this was really eye opening. I have had this "bug" happen a few times and was never able to determine the reason.

Thank you

Wow, this was really eye opening. I have had this "bug" happen a few times and was never able to determine the reason.

Thank you

Oh yeah, I've clever juggernauts who killing blow a ling sorc with a force push. Not because force push does damage or anything, but because force push makes the target fly for 1 GCD, and when a sorc is flying it can't actually barrier up.