[Suggestion]Subscriber only perk : Credits Storage in Legacy Cargo Hold

BrintoSFJ

Just as the title says. A subscriber only perk to store credits in legacy cargo hold and spend from there. if i want to buy something from GTN but my current toon don't have proper amount of credits then the purchase will be done through credits stored in legacy. If i want to buy something through trading with a player then i can trade with the credits from legacy cargo hold. It will be a great boon to subscribers and this convenient perk will surely be a great motivation for people to subscribe.

I would like this as well.

Right now it is either store expensive items in legacy store or mail it over.

Though can you only imagine the "GTN scam" threads that will start as a result :) people losing 50 mil credits rather than 2 mil, and all BW fault of course. lol

there is all a topic about the credit storage.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=800690

i can tell you now all the only point out that topic is about the free to play and preferred status credit limit that there have not add it for sub players.

It's had a lot more than just one other topic, hasn't it?

Anyway, the topic creator seems aware of this already since the topic jumped straight into saying that it must be for subscribers only. The topic neglects to address the inevitable questions / concerns about that though. What happens when someone's subscription ends and they drop down to preferred status?

You can't just say "move the legacy credits to escrow" because those credits are legacy-wide and escrow is specific to each character. Which specific character's escrow are they suggesting should get the entire legacy's bank of stashed credits?

The devs also can't just leave it alone and have the credits locked up completely inaccessible in legacy storage without adding any sort of transfer option. If they did just leave it alone, credits left in legacy would essentially be lost "forever" until the player subscribes again but that same player could have taken the time to move credits out of legacy storage into specific characters' wallets before losing access to the legacy credit storage and all of their credits would just be tied up in various escrows where they could theoretically still access the money without subscribing if they're willing to pay for transfers.

It's already expensive and messy having these escrow transfer items be a thing. Should they have a set of legacy transfer items on the market as well (probably end up being more expensive than the escrow transfers) just so they can go ahead and lock up the legacy credit storage for non-subscribers?

It's had a lot more than just one other topic, hasn't it?

Anyway, the topic creator seems aware of this already since the topic jumped straight into saying that it must be for subscribers only. The topic neglects to address the inevitable questions / concerns about that though. What happens when someone's subscription ends and they drop down to preferred status?

You can't just say "move the legacy credits to escrow" because those credits are legacy-wide and escrow is specific to each character. Which specific character's escrow are they suggesting should get the entire legacy's bank of stashed credits?

The devs also can't just leave it alone and have the credits locked up completely inaccessible in legacy storage without adding any sort of transfer option. If they did just leave it alone, credits left in legacy would essentially be lost "forever" until the player subscribes again but that same player could have taken the time to move credits out of legacy storage into specific characters' wallets before losing access to the legacy credit storage and all of their credits would just be tied up in various escrows where they could theoretically still access the money without subscribing if they're willing to pay for transfers.

It's already expensive and messy having these escrow transfer items be a thing. Should they have a set of legacy transfer items on the market as well (probably end up being more expensive than the escrow transfers) just so they can go ahead and lock up the legacy credit storage for non-subscribers?

I would also like to see a legacy credit storage provided that it can be implemented in such a a way as to retain the current F2P and preferred restrictions with regards to credits, both the credit caps and the inability to transfer credits between characters. I do not know how this can be done, however.

I'm not sure that even a "legacy escrow" would be a viable option as that would allow the complete bypass of the restriction against transferring credits between characters for those players who are preferred or F2P.

IMO, the most likely reasons why we have not yet seen a legacy credit storage system implemented yet are the F2P and preferred credit restrictions and the potential ramifications of making it a sub only perk with regards to how to handle any credits in legacy storage if subscriber drops to preferred status.

this is maybe the only way to let sub players use it and preferred and free to play players not.

there can use for the credit storage not the same system that there have on the mail system with sending credits to other players/alts to block preferred and free to play players from it?

then why there not use the same system for the credit storage.

this is maybe fix the problem that only sub players can use it.

and you most not forgot that preferred status players not can use the credit mail system that means if there share the credits on there alts before there go to preferred status means that the credits stay's for ever on there alts and that there not can use it on 1 char all that credits.

that means 350k credits stays still the limit for then and that there cant use the split credits to buy better items.

if the only reason that sub players not can have because off the preferred and free to play players then why most the players that pay to be sub pay also this price for not getting it.

Edited by Spikanor

As far as I'm concerned, they should heap on as many Subscriber-only perks as they can think of. . Like a full re-vamp of what features are immediately available to subscribers.

• store credits in the Legacy Cargo Hold
  • play-anywhere mini-games
  • larger cargo hold capacities
  • unlimited materials-storage banks
  • fancy interactive stronghold decorations
  • multi-passenger vehicles
  • re-nameable and customizable-color pets
  • group QT beacons
  • exclusive animated emotes
  • dye modules in Collections
  • new sparkle powders

... enough to make non-subscribers drool often.

Edited by anonnn

As far as I'm concerned, they should heap on as many Subscriber-only perks as they can think of. . Like a full re-vamp of what features are immediately available to subscribers.

• play-anywhere mini-games
  • larger cargo hold capacities
  • unlimited materials-storage banks
  • fancy interactive stronghold decorations
  • multi-passenger vehicles
  • re-nameable and customizable-color pets
  • group QT beacons
  • exclusive animated emotes
  • Collection dye modules
  • new sparkle powders

... enough to make non-subscribers drool often.

its a nice list but what has that list now to do with the credits storage in legacy cargo hold?

larger cargo hold capacities

you know sub players can use credits to buy more slots in the cargo hold or use the 500/600cc you get each month free to buy it in the central market.

and if there make it larger then later you wane make it more lager and so you can keep on with it.

its a nice list but what has that list now to do with the credits storage in legacy cargo hold?

I had actually meant to include that in the list, so I went back and added it to my previous post. What I think they should do is just collect all the main subscriber QoL suggestions that are worthwhile, and put forth a major effort of beefing up the game features all at once with the entire pile of improvements. They could even make it a major release.

The entire point would be to provide subscribers with a large assortment of improvements, varied enough that for any player there should be a few that they're very happy about.

but this is really the first mmorpg game i have play that has no credit storage option in the cargo bay or Legacy Cargo Hold.

and a credit storage option is more the basic what all other mmorpg game has.

wait is.

if the only problem is that the credit storage option for legacy cargo not is coming because about the preferred cerdit cap.

then there most remove it also from the guild bank.

if you think good.

if a sub player has there own guild with guild bank and the sub is also end then he can still put the other credits he has in his guild bank before he become's preferred status.

then he can still pick the credits from it if he need it since if you are alone in a guild you are the only guild leader and stay it.

and since the guild chance then from sub guild to free to play guild then the credits that are on the guild bank can then still be use.

thats also a reason to bypass the credit cap.

i not know if its works 100% but in theory with help from the Subscription, Preferred, Free-to-Play Features most it working.

then there is no way to keep preferred players on the credit limit if there are plenty off way's.

but still this is in theory only if it works in the game that is the other question.

if it works then there most give us all that option if it with guild bank can then noting can hold it more.

Wish I could find something worthy of spending credits on. 37 mods for 2 million credits each, just feels, eh. But credits in a Cargo Hold for Legacy, isn't a bad idea. Because every character on an account would have access, instead of always having to go back and forth between characters.

Wish I could find something worthy of spending credits on. 37 mods for 2 million credits each, just feels, eh. But credits in a Cargo Hold for Legacy, isn't a bad idea. Because every character on an account would have access, instead of always having to go back and forth between characters.

and if you have 2 chars that are crafting and you need new crafting skill to learn then and sent each time from a other char the credits thats getting slow also.

but to the problem that some people see with it that sub players that become preferred status soon split there credits to alts is all old news.

there are doing it all by sending there alts there credits by using the mail system since sub players can sent credits to other players/alts with the mail system that means that there most remove the credit mail option then also if that is the problem to not get the credit storage in the game.

the best way that preferred status players not can use it is using the same block system there use that preferred status players not can use the credits mail option.

and if you have 2 chars that are crafting and you need new crafting skill to learn then and sent each time from a other char the credits thats getting slow also.

but to the problem that some people see with it that sub players that become preferred status soon split there credits to alts is all old news.

there are doing it all by sending there alts there credits by using the mail system since sub players can sent credits to other players/alts with the mail system that means that there most remove the credit mail option then also if that is the problem to not get the credit storage in the game.

the best way that preferred status players not can use it is using the same block system there use that preferred status players not can use the credits mail option.

Sure, BW "could" restrict a legacy storage to subscribers only, but what happens to any credits in legacy storage if a subscriber drops to preferred?

Do they allow the preferred player restriction against transferring credits to be bypassed by allowing the subscriber who drops to preferred to pull credits from legacy storage (even if this is by means of a legacy credit escrow)? Do they keep that restriction in place and hold any credits in legacy credit storage hostage until that player subscribes again?

No one has yet been able to answer that.

I doubt that removing the restriction against transferring credits for preferred players will happen, since it is way too easy to become preferred (a simple $5 purchase) and the restrictions regarding credits are some of the largest incentives to subscribe.

Sure, BW "could" restrict a legacy storage to subscribers only, but what happens to any credits in legacy storage if a subscriber drops to preferred?

Do they allow the preferred player restriction against transferring credits to be bypassed by allowing the subscriber who drops to preferred to pull credits from legacy storage (even if this is by means of a legacy credit escrow)? Do they keep that restriction in place and hold any credits in legacy credit storage hostage until that player subscribes again?

No one has yet been able to answer that.

I doubt that removing the restriction against transferring credits for preferred players will happen, since it is way too easy to become preferred (a simple $5 purchase) and the restrictions regarding credits are some of the largest incentives to subscribe.

that is super easy if you become preferred since the sub has end it then the credits that are on the legacy cargo hold stay there save but thats your own fault then you cant take noting from it since you are now preferred status and you need sub to pick you credits from it then there is only 1 option become sub status again and you can take the credits out the legacy cargo hold you have save on it.

thats the same way there use with the mail system with sub status you can sent credits to your alt's and other players and become preferred players you lose that option and cant use it.

that is super easy if you become preferred since the sub has end it then the credits that are on the legacy cargo hold stay there save but thats your own fault then you cant take noting from it since you are now preferred status and you need sub to pick you credits from it then there is only 1 option become sub status again and you can take the credits out the legacy cargo hold you have save on it.

thats the same way there use with the mail system with sub status you can sent credits to your alt's and other players and become preferred players you lose that option and cant use it.

Not being able to send credits to your alts in the mail is a far cry from having those credits held hostage. The player who cannot mail credits between characters still has access to that character's credits (up to the credit cap, including any escrows he has).

Hypothetical situation:

You put all your credits into legacy storage. After all, legacy credit storage means you can access all of those credits from any character so what need is there to leave any credits on any characters? You have zero credits on any single character, but millions in legacy credit storage.

You drop from subscriber to preferred, for whatever reason. Under your suggestion, now you have zero credits that you can access, although you have millions in legacy storage. You have millions in the bank, but can't access them but that's OK since in your words " your own fault "

Tell me how thrilled you would be in that case. Even if you would personally be OK with that, how many other players do you think would be?

I'm just guessing here, but maybe BW doesn't want to hold those players' credits hostage.

Not being able to send credits to your alts in the mail is a far cry from having those credits held hostage. The player who cannot mail credits between characters still has access to that character's credits (up to the credit cap, including any escrows he has).

Hypothetical situation:

You put all your credits into legacy storage. After all, legacy credit storage means you can access all of those credits from any character so what need is there to leave any credits on any characters? You have zero credits on any single character, but millions in legacy credit storage.

You drop from subscriber to preferred, for whatever reason. Under your suggestion, now you have zero credits that you can access, although you have millions in legacy storage. You have millions in the bank, but can't access them but that's OK since in your words " your own fault "

Tell me how thrilled you would be in that case. Even if you would personally be OK with that, how many other players do you think would be?

I'm just guessing here, but maybe BW doesn't want to hold those players' credits hostage.

BW is doing it all with the hostage off credits for preferred and free to play players with there credit limit.

then there can do it also with the credits storage option in the legacy cargo hold if a player is not sub more.

and if a player is putting all there credits from all there chars in the legacy cargo hold and there become preferred status and see from o no i have no credits more i have put then all in the legacy cargo hold then the player has make a big fault for his own to put all the credits from all his chars in the legacy cargo hold.

most off the players use the credits storage to put the big credits on it and still keep what credits on there chars for in case there forgot it.

let me tell it on this way also.

my limit off chars i can have is 12 and i have 12 chars and i wane make a new char but i cant i most delete first 1.

and i see i have a level 1 char i have play not for a long time and i wane delete it.

but that char has event items that i can sell on the GTN for big price and i have forgot it.

and i delete that level 1 char and i remember that i have storage there what expensive event items.

now there are gone and i want there back that cant there are lost for ever.

but with credits in the legacy cargo hold and i become preferred then i have a chance to get then back and thats to become sub again.

the point is BW cant do noting against players that make there own mistake's in the game with deleting items and other things.

its the same if a player buys a wrong item then he can blame only his own and not BW for it.

real live and game's have 1 thing the same and that is the you can blame for most things only your own and not a other for it.

BW is doing it all with the hostage off credits for preferred and free to play players with there credit limit.

then there can do it also with the credits storage option in the legacy cargo hold if a player is not sub more.

and if a player is putting all there credits from all there chars in the legacy cargo hold and there become preferred status and see from o no i have no credits more i have put then all in the legacy cargo hold then the player has make a big fault for his own to put all the credits from all his chars in the legacy cargo hold.

most off the players use the credits storage to put the big credits on it and still keep what credits on there chars for in case there forgot it.

let me tell it on this way also.

my limit off chars i can have is 12 and i have 12 chars and i wane make a new char but i cant i most delete first 1.

and i see i have a level 1 char i have play not for a long time and i wane delete it.

but that char has event items that i can sell on the GTN for big price and i have forgot it.

and i delete that level 1 char and i remember that i have storage there what expensive event items.

now there are gone and i want there back that cant there are lost for ever.

but with credits in the legacy cargo hold and i become preferred then i have a chance to get then back and thats to become sub again.

the point is BW cant do noting against players that make there own mistake's in the game with deleting items and other things.

its the same if a player buys a wrong item then he can blame only his own and not BW for it.

real live and game's have 1 thing the same and that is the you can blame for most things only your own and not a other for it.

Do you not see the difference between a credit cap which still leaves the character access to credits (and which can be raised with escrows) and holding credits (even those which may still not reach the credit cap) hostage and denying access to credits up to the credit cap?

The character limit for a subscriber is 22, with the extra character slots, BTW.

Do you not see the difference between a credit cap which still leaves the character access to credits (and which can be raised with escrows) and holding credits (even those which may still not reach the credit cap) hostage and denying access to credits up to the credit cap?

The character limit for a subscriber is 22, with the extra character slots, BTW.

thanks for telling about the chars limit from sub players i not know that and now i know it.

about you question he:

maybe you know this phrase from you own that is about preferred credit cap thread.

"Give me the benefits of subbing without making me pay to sub."

you want credits from you legacy cargo hold then become sub and if you not wane become sub again then you not can take the credits from the legacy cargo hold.

credits storage is a benefit for being sub and if you not wane become sub again you not get the benefit for it.

thanks for telling about the chars limit from sub players i not know that and now i know it.

about you question he:

maybe you know this phrase from you own that is about preferred credit cap thread.

you want credits from you legacy cargo hold then become sub and if you not wane become sub again then you not can take the credits from the legacy cargo hold.

credits storage is a benefit for being sub and if you not wane become sub again you not get the benefit for it.

I fully support the credit cap.

The credit cap for preferred players is, as you know, 350K. Even that can be raised via escrows.

There IS a huge difference between giving a preferred player access to 350K credits which is the credit cap for preferred players and withholding access to credits that would still be well below that credit cap.

I would like to see a legacy credit storage, but ONLY if BW can implement in such a way as to maintain the restriction against transferring credits between characters while also not holding hostage any credits in legacy storage should a subscriber drop to preferred.

I fully support the credit cap.

The credit cap for preferred players is, as you know, 350K. Even that can be raised via escrows.

There IS a huge difference between giving a preferred player access to 350K credits which is the credit cap for preferred players and withholding access to credits that would still be well below that credit cap.

I would like to see a legacy credit storage, but ONLY if BW can implement in such a way as to maintain the restriction against transferring credits between characters while also not holding hostage any credits in legacy storage should a subscriber drop to preferred.

and if there add a other effect from the escrows that if preferred status players have credits in legacy cargo hold that there can take the credits from there?

and i mean not all the credits only the max that the escrows can give.

lets hope we get one fast.

because a online mmorpg game without credits storage is almost not a full game in my eye's.

still its a basic thing that each mmorpg has.

and if there add a other effect from the escrows that if preferred status players have credits in legacy cargo hold that there can take the credits from there?

and i mean not all the credits only the max that the escrows can give.

lets hope we get one fast.

because a online mmorpg game without credits storage is almost not a full game in my eye's.

still its a basic thing that each mmorpg has.

The problem with a "legacy credit storage escrow" is that preferred CANNOT transfer credits between characters, and an escrow would enable that restriction to be bypassed.

As an example, player A deposits 100,000 credits into legacy storage from his 4 alts, and 3 million from his main. He leaves 50,000 on each of his characters. He purchases a "legacy credit storage escrow" and then drops to preferred.

Does that "legacy credit storage escrow" allow that player to withdraw 300,000 on every character? This would allow him to transfer 800,000 credits from his main to his 4 alts, since the alts only deposited 100,000 credits each.

Does BW keep records of exactly how much each character deposited so that each character can only withdraw what they deposited? This would require an immense amount of record keeping.

That does not even consider any purchases made with funds in legacy storage. If the player makes any purchases with credits in "legacy credit storage", how does BW determine which character deposited the credits that were used for the purchase?

IMO, there are just too many issues involved with trying to implement legacy credit storage.

The problem with a "legacy credit storage escrow" is that preferred CANNOT transfer credits between characters, and an escrow would enable that restriction to be bypassed.

As an example, player A deposits 100,000 credits into legacy storage from his 4 alts, and 3 million from his main. He leaves 50,000 on each of his characters. He purchases a "legacy credit storage escrow" and then drops to preferred.

Does that "legacy credit storage escrow" allow that player to withdraw 300,000 on every character? This would allow him to transfer 800,000 credits from his main to his 4 alts, since the alts only deposited 100,000 credits each.

Does BW keep records of exactly how much each character deposited so that each character can only withdraw what they deposited? This would require an immense amount of record keeping.

That does not even consider any purchases made with funds in legacy storage. If the player makes any purchases with credits in "legacy credit storage", how does BW determine which character deposited the credits that were used for the purchase?

IMO, there are just too many issues involved with trying to implement legacy credit storage.

if you wane make a easy system that most works fine then you most use the way that some status off players are not happy with it.

i understand it really good that you also wane have a option to let players that are from sub to preferred status to still find a way to give then a chance to use the storage credits from the legacy cargo hold.

and since that is making to many issues then the only way that give not many issues is that only sub players can use it and if you are preferred and you have credits storage in the legacy cargo hold then you really most become sub again.

thats the only way with almost no issues.

its not fair for sub players to not get a credit storage option in the legacy cargo hold if preferred status player are the problem for it.

there is a point that you cant help players that are sub and drop to preferred thats there choose to do it and there most understand also the benefits there lose when there go to preferred.

i know this never will happing but if the preferred status players have no credit limit then you can give then also a chance to use it.

but since there have a limit there cant use it and if sub players most pay the price for not getting something because of a preferred status.

and i see plenty off benefits in a credit storage in my legacy cargo hold and maybe more players like to see it also but thats are benefits for being sup player and not for preferred player.

i know you wane find a way to let players that are sub and become preferred still can get there credits from it but like you have told all that gives only more problems.

i choose to not support preferred status players that still have credits on it to get a chance to still get there credits from it if there wane use it and take there credits then the only option stays to become sub again.

if you wane make a easy system that most works fine then you most use the way that some status off players are not happy with it.

i understand it really good that you also wane have a option to let players that are from sub to preferred status to still find a way to give then a chance to use the storage credits from the legacy cargo hold.

and since that is making to many issues then the only way that give not many issues is that only sub players can use it and if you are preferred and you have credits storage in the legacy cargo hold then you really most become sub again.

thats the only way with almost no issues.

its not fair for sub players to not get a credit storage option in the legacy cargo hold if preferred status player are the problem for it.

there is a point that you cant help players that are sub and drop to preferred thats there choose to do it and there most understand also the benefits there lose when there go to preferred.

i know this never will happing but if the preferred status players have no credit limit then you can give then also a chance to use it.

but since there have a limit there cant use it and if sub players most pay the price for not getting something because of a preferred status.

and i see plenty off benefits in a credit storage in my legacy cargo hold and maybe more players like to see it also but thats are benefits for being sup player and not for preferred player.

i know you wane find a way to let players that are sub and become preferred still can get there credits from it but like you have told all that gives only more problems.

i choose to not support preferred status players that still have credits on it to get a chance to still get there credits from it if there wane use it and take there credits then the only option stays to become sub again.

I understand your desire to have a legacy credit storage, and I share that desire.

Where we differ is that I also understand the potential problems that can cause. I may be wrong, but I think that may be the reason that BW has chosen not to implement a legacy credit storage.

As it is now, subscribers can still transfer credits between characters using the mail system and all the restrictions pertaining to credits remain in place. Does it take a few seconds to switch characters to mail credits? Yes. Is it as convenient as a legacy credit storage would be? No. Is the convenience of a legacy credit storage worth all the development time to find a way to implement a legacy credit storage while maintaining all credit restrictions for preferred and F2P? Only BW knows, but I suspect BW thinks it is not.

The only advice I can give that may make it slightly easier to manage credits between characters is to set one character as the "bank" and store most of your credits on that one character, leaving a small amount of credits on your other characters. By doing this, I do not have to constantly switch between all my characters to see which one has the credits I need to send to the character that needs them. I still have to switch characters to be able to transfer credits, but I know which character has the credits to send.

I understand your desire to have a legacy credit storage, and I share that desire.

Where we differ is that I also understand the potential problems that can cause. I may be wrong, but I think that may be the reason that BW has chosen not to implement a legacy credit storage.

As it is now, subscribers can still transfer credits between characters using the mail system and all the restrictions pertaining to credits remain in place. Does it take a few seconds to switch characters to mail credits? Yes. Is it as convenient as a legacy credit storage would be? No. Is the convenience of a legacy credit storage worth all the development time to find a way to implement a legacy credit storage while maintaining all credit restrictions for preferred and F2P? Only BW knows, but I suspect BW thinks it is not.

The only advice I can give that may make it slightly easier to manage credits between characters is to set one character as the "bank" and store most of your credits on that one character, leaving a small amount of credits on your other characters. By doing this, I do not have to constantly switch between all my characters to see which one has the credits I need to send to the character that needs them. I still have to switch characters to be able to transfer credits, but I know which character has the credits to send.

i know you not like the hostage option but if you look for a big spot and between sub and preferred you know also that sub players pay for the game and for beaning sub and the benefits from it and preferred has not much benefits.

then i see also as a good benefit for sub to have a credit storage and if you become preferred and have credits on it there are save in the storage but you cant use it thats a benefit.

and the only way but you not support it if there remove the credit limit from preferred then i see no problems for it and its only 1 thing that there get with sub the other things like now the lvl 55 max for sub and lvl 50 for preferred/free to play so things most still stay.

but with the credits mail option has for some and i think most players that have round the 12/15 chars on 1 server then its really hard to remember witch name was now for witch char again.

and if you make 1 mistake example: my alt char name is hohohoho and i wane sent credits to that char from my credits bank char and if i type in hohohohoho and its about 500k credits my char that i wane sent to not gets it.

since its i type 1 ho to much and there go's my 500k credits lost to a char that not exist.

i know it was a easy example but it still can happing like that.

but the main reason is the credits storage is the basic part from a mmorpg online game.

but not have it in the game for some reasons then you have more a online game that is still stuck in the past with most things.

and if you wane know what for other things that are i can tell you then 1 other thing that has stop in the past more and not has chance in the future from mmorpg online games and that is the guild system.

but the only thing this game has as future part what no other mmorpg online game has thats the in the game ticket system.

all other online game's have the old site ticket system and this game has that not.

to come back on the thread the credits storage option is a future thing what this game not has and really need.

and maybe its also good to hear what a developer thinks about a credit storage option for the legacy cargo hold.

Edited by Spikanor