For those that like IO/Assault in PVP your discipline is in danger of being worse

First off; this is PVP perspective. Clearly, for those of you that have tried solo ranked, it is a spec which is absolutely terrible in an arena. So if it is terrible before; how do you think it will be after you lose your 30% dot crit damage bonus and 2% alacrity?

This was clearly a knee jerk reaction to the complaints by PVE people. They tossed a small bone; 10% more to ranged/melee defenses but that will do NOTHING to 80% of the attacks you will face in an arena. Not to mention it only lasts 6 seconds. We must demand that they actually put some thought into their changes; and address PVE concerns while IMPROVING our PVP viability. They have not done this at this point for IO.

I know someone posted a message that said the DPS loss is only 1%. However, that is a single target parse. Our dps loss is going to show up on our dot spread; as now we are losing DPS on multiple targets. Also, the 2% alacrity loss means that we are a tad slower now. If you want to get that back you'll have to replace other stats; it's completely unnecessary to take that from us.

In my opinion; there are a few ways to offset this this for PVP while still making it worse for PVE:

Keep the dot bonus when used against player targets

IF they feel that the nerf is needed in PVP for some reason; then increase our volatile warhead bonus by 30%. This will be far more useful in PVP than PVE.

DR on adrenaline rush and increase usability at 50%

Decoy buff should be the same for IO as it is for Arsenal

These are all nice suggestions by the community which are getting drowned out on the feedback thread by useless bickering.

If these changes go live; then the spec that is already not viable will become worse; and there is no reason to not switch to Arsenal.

Edited by FourPawnBenoni

I honestly don't know what the hell the devs are doing at the moment. Commando / merc should not , I repeat should NOT be nerfed in ANY way shape or form. It is already underperforming against ANY moving targets, why they would make class changes depending on a dummy is simply ludicrous.

What "PVE people" were complaining about IO? It's great in PVE nobody wanted it to be nerfed. The only complaints there were about IO is that it can be kind of complicated, but they aren't going to nerf it because of that. Edited by eskimo_brother