The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

You did it! Incredible!

DutchCommando

Congratulations Bioware, you managed to make a weak class even weaker! :)

I didn't think it was possible, but you guys really did it!

Eliminating the Unload ability for Powertechs? It was a very solid ability with good damage, but hey who cares? We have the Nobel-prize winning minds at Bioware! Absolute genius! :) :) :)

Making the shoulder cannon, an already near-useless ability even more useless? AMAZING!

I just can't even image the brilliant conversation: "Well, the shoulder cannon's damage is already non-existent, but you know what would make it even better?...EVEN LESS DAMAGE!" :eek: "And that's not all, we're making the cooldown time even longer per nerf dart- I mean rocket."

And to balance this all out, we get an incredible new ability that will destroy our enemies like Genghis Khan's horsemen, Julius Caesar's legions, and Napoleon's Grande Armee once did: having Heat Blast do damage to 3 additional targets!!!!!!!! Yes, even through it is a defensive ability that does little damage on purpose (it is designed to increase shield chance 25%), now that damages additional targets, our enemies will be massacred and brutally cut down.

Well done Bioware!

Loss of unload for tanking is huge, it was one of the top damaging abilities, made the spec more interesting (now its just flameburst time 1000) and was useful in pvp. Plus as tactics you could use it to do more damage (harder in raid than on a dummy or as a tank, but still useful). Cut the damage in half would have been better than removing the ability all together.

Taking Unload/Full Auto is a pain for me as even though I play as a Vanguard/Powertech, I don't play as a tank but as a dmg player and taking away this ability has hampered my player experience. Now I struggle playing as a Trooper/Bounty Hunter because this ability is gone. Plus doesn't help that I can't stand playing as a Commando/Mercenary class.

Taking Unload/Full Auto is a pain for me as even though I play as a Vanguard/Powertech, I don't play as a tank but as a dmg player and taking away this ability has hampered my player experience. Now I struggle playing as a Trooper/Bounty Hunter because this ability is gone. Plus doesn't help that I can't stand playing as a Commando/Mercenary class.

I agree as I play the same, as DPS, it's kinda daft that they take away full Auto as it was one of the few 30m ranged abilities available to a VG DPS, now its been replaced with a 10m one, *** were they thinking, or weren't they? :mad:

Edited by Scortum

IKR, they nerfed us into oblivion. I hit someone last night for 17k and various other large amounts of damage. I melted a mara for 50%+ of their HP in a second or two in another fine example of our gimpiness. We got the shaft!!!

As a Pyrotech Powertech BH the loss of Unload doesnt hurt at all. Not even a part of my rotation and to add it in was nothing more than a heat monster. The real travesty of this patch was the breaking of the rotation of Plasmatech and Pyrotech. Now we have a broken rotation with heat issues. Cant even use our Flamethrower at three stacks every rotation as we will overheat. Unload was only useful for levelling. At endgame there is no need for it in a dps rotation, and as stated it was never intended to be used for tanking.