Illum = Sandbox PvP world?

Blazenor

It's still only a zone.

Sandbox is where the players are given the tools to build their own world. Ilum was given to us. I would not consider it sandbox at all.

An example of sandbox would be Shadowbane where guilds were able to build and design their own cities; and then have wars/sieges/banes over the cities. Currently EvE online is another game that is truly sandbox. Ilum is still a treadmill.

Think New frontiers in DaoC...:D but not identical.

That would be sandbox enough for me. I'd like to see bases etc you could hold for a reasonable amount of time, like days. What made daoc was a feeling of ownership too, that a certain area was yours and you needed to take it back if the enemy invaded.

I get the feeling its similar but not very.

That would be sandbox enough for me. I'd like to see bases etc you could hold for a reasonable amount of time, like days. What made daoc was a feeling of ownership too, that a certain area was yours and you needed to take it back if the enemy invaded.

I get the feeling its similar but not very.

Even better is Shadowbane, where the guilds actually built and owned the cities/keeps. This is truly what would make SWTOR massive for PvP.

• 4 months later...

I wouldn't call it sandbox really, since there are objectives in it. I've suggested many times though that they should make it a sandbox PvP area though. That would be an awesome place to hang out in between WZ's.

Even solo you could just roam around collecting nodes/chests and look for fights.