Mission Terminal

Hi all!

Thank you for your continued and awesome suggestions! I have seen this particular suggestion throughout Stronghold discussion, so I thought I would jump in and give some insight. While we have discussed the possibility of adding in Mission Terminals to Strongholds, at this time we do not have any plans to do so. We are striving to keep a balance between Stronghold and Fleet utilization, and as such you may see some functionality which is available in Strongholds not present on the Fleet, and visa verse. Mission Terminals are one such case, and we feel at this time they are best served to remain on the Fleet and not within Strongholds.

Hopefully that helps! Please keep the great suggestions coming in!

So you are saying in all suggestions mostly about how to make better pvp or class balance you choose one which you can sell on cartel market. I wonder when are you gonna stop ignoring pvp?

Hi all!

Thank you for your continued and awesome suggestions! I have seen this particular suggestion throughout Stronghold discussion, so I thought I would jump in and give some insight. While we have discussed the possibility of adding in Mission Terminals to Strongholds, at this time we do not have any plans to do so. We are striving to keep a balance between Stronghold and Fleet utilization, and as such you may see some functionality which is available in Strongholds not present on the Fleet, and visa verse. Mission Terminals are one such case, and we feel at this time they are best served to remain on the Fleet and not within Strongholds.

Thank you for your response but speaking for myself this is a disappointment as I do not like goingt to the fleet due to the fleet chat but I respect your decision whether or not I like the decision.

I don't see a huge problem with making the fleet a little less populated. It would certainly help with lag/frame rate.

I also think that personal strongholds should be linked to fleet chat instead of Coruscant/Dromound Kaas. I can't think of a good reason why not.

Thank you for the response. Personally, I am not thrilled that these are not a possibility. I understand wanting to have a "reason to goto fleet". Even if we are just decoration for others. So, I do get it.

I would like to see Priority Transports (most of these are legacy unlocks already), so there would be no harm in allowing the strongholds to have this terminal.

Hi all!

Let me help clarify this for you.

I'd pay $100 USD in Cartel Coins for Mission Terminals in my Stronghold with no hesitation or question.

Reconsidering that choice? :rak_02:

The reasoning given was very weak and food for "devs don't play their own game" argument. Fleets will NEVER be empty. Too many vendors of all kinds be it gearing or reputation, breadcrumb quests for all Flashpoints and daily areas, Flashpoint & Ops entrances, fleet datacron, cartel bazaar. Most importantly - go to place for LFGing and making PUGs. Letting people pick up weeklies from guild ships would change nothing about fleet popularity yet it would add QOF value and convieniance Edited by Pietrastor

I'd pay $100 USD in Cartel Coins for Mission Terminals in my Stronghold with no hesitation or question.

Reconsidering that choice? :rak_02:

Considering that $100 vs damaging the objective they're trying to achieve by keeping the terminals on the fleet (i.e. long term health of the game), I'd say no, they're not reconsidering it.

Considering that $100 vs damaging the objective they're trying to achieve by keeping the terminals on the fleet (i.e. long term health of the game), I'd say no, they're not reconsidering it.

Yes, but the logic they are using is flawed. Because these same terminals are located elsewhere, the player base can make the choice not to use the ones at the fleet.

And what is the point of making fleet important if I am there but for a min to pick up a quest or a quick transport to another planet?

This argument almost sounds like somebody high up the SWTOR team made a "shoot from the hip" call not to give them to strongholds or guildships and now that same person's ego won't let them reverse course on that decision.

I got a feeling a lot of design decisions is being made by one person who continues to "shoot from the hip". Hell, when one class has three focus breaks (teleport, stealth, and burst run) while some classes have none, I really can't understand how these decisions make it past review unless there is no review.

Considering Bioware makes all decisions on how much money they can make from a "feature" I bet Bruce is considering it right now after I said $100 and he multiplied by a fraction of the player base.

If you don't understand how Bioware thinks about these things you're missing the boat.

Added this to my wishlist in my signature; though not just for guild ships, but also strongholds. Mainly so that the players can go instantly to the dailies without going to Fleet and waste their time traveling to the closest terminal and associated loadscreen.

While I love this idea, I do remember playing SWG and after player cities were available, capital towns became ghost towns and everyone hid in their player cities.

I would love this idea, because I stay in my strongholds for most of the time, I wouldnt want it for the health of the game. Lots of people in fleet gives people the idea the game is doing well. Ghost town fleet would scare people away.

We are striving to keep a balance between Stronghold and Fleet utilization, and as such you may see some functionality which is available in Strongholds not present on the Fleet, and visa verse. Mission Terminals are one such case, and we feel at this time they are best served to remain on the Fleet and not within Strongholds.

Since i dont enjoy hanging out on the fleet with the trolls and credit sellers i just avoid the fleet entirely, if necessary i just have someone share stuff with me if they need a buddy along.

Seriously that quote from A New Hope fits fleet gen chat perfectly...

"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy"
Edited by XiamaraSimi

If they feel the need to do this so that people will come to the Fleet, then they are not identifying the problem correctly. They need to ask why people want to avoid the Fleet; the answer(s) to that question is/are the problem(s) to be solved.

Credit sellers, coupled with lack of efficient methods to silence them.

*Half the time ignore is buried in a submenu instead of being readily accessible

*No report-and-ignore in one function

*Credit spammers count against a finite ignore limit (though I've only run into that once)

*No method at all to remove spam from an ignored spammer from your client's chat log (i.e. legit chat that the spam scrolled off is harder to see)

Compare to EVE Online, where all of the above--including the post-ignore, client-side chat window spam purge--is rolled into Right Click->Report ISK Spammer (when ISK spammer reporting was streamlined, ISK spam practically vanished within a week of the patch).

Credit sellers, coupled with lack of efficient methods to silence them.

*Half the time ignore is buried in a submenu instead of being readily accessible

*No report-and-ignore in one function

*Credit spammers count against a finite ignore limit (though I've only run into that once)

*No method at all to remove spam from an ignored spammer from your client's chat log (i.e. legit chat that the spam scrolled off is harder to see)

Compare to EVE Online, where all of the above--including the post-ignore, client-side chat window spam purge--is rolled into Right Click->Report ISK Spammer (when ISK spammer reporting was streamlined, ISK spam practically vanished within a week of the patch).

I have no doubt that this is a key reason. There are likely others as well.

To avoid an additional trip to fleet, I just make it a point that the last place I visit is a planet with a prioity mission terminal. Oricron is great, because it has PVP terminal, a daily quest terminal, and a priorty terminal so I can just scope up everything I need while there.

And to be honest, other than a special event going on at a non-daily planet there is no other locations I need to go to. When I'm not at my stronghold, I'm visiting a planet to knock out my dailies for the day.

So BW, why the hell don't you just give us the damn terminals for our guild ships and strongholds? All this does is make come up with ways to avoid fleet at all.