Bright blue eyes disappeared

Kinman

I hope they'll get fixed soon. I had forgotten that I'd used them on my newbie jedi, until I went to take her out and was like...omg, her eyes...noooo. And I wanted to fix up my other toon as well.

Please hurry and fix them up dev peoples. thanks. :)

EA: You already paid us, we have ur moniez, AND we have the lawyers...we don't have to do anything other than roll around in the EA-Scrooge Vault of Cartel Shop. Muahahahaha.

Bioware: Seriously, fix this. It's the latest in a very long string of reasons to be cynical about this game since 3.0. And there I was at the Seattle Community Cantina, giving you guys props for the improved communication and such between about January and August of last year....know that you have blown it and then some since. I would have expected some of the follow-up questions to be addressed by or on Tuesday the 17th, considering Tuesday's the usual patch day.

Now, you must learn how to bugfix defensively and make them pay (again) for trying to buy from you. :rolleyes:

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

hey, has anyone else (with the same bug) noticed that if you open the apearance designer your toons eyes change to a random colour? it happens to me at least, even when I click 'reset apearance'

it's weird!

also: Give me back my bright blue eyes!!!

now that you mention it, i can confirm it.

Hey all,

Bright Blue Eyes will be making their triumphant return in 3.1.2. As mentioned earlier in the thread, anyone who has purchased them will not need to repurchase them.

But will I need to pay to change the eye colour back to them again? Only 20 coins for subs but still..

Edited by MorgenBlue

But will I need to pay to change the eye colour back to them again? Only 20 coins for subs but still..

that's a very good question to which I 'd like to hear an answer.

It's not the matter of the 20 coins, but rather a matter of principle.

Does bioware own their mistakes or it's our mistake that we pay them?

• 2 weeks later...
Hey all,

Bright Blue Eyes will be making their triumphant return in 3.1.2. As mentioned earlier in the thread, anyone who has purchased them will not need to repurchase them.

But we'll still need to re-spend cartel coins to re-apply it. What a complete bush league move.

Edited by clearsighted

I am glad to hear these will be getting fixed. I had already purchased them, but (fortunately) had not applied them to any of my characters before the bug.

The matter of refunds for people who were affected is tricky. On one hand, no one had to change their character's eye color, and a lot of people affected probably didn't. But on the other hand, if my character's eyes had suddenly changed to a completely wrong color, it would drive me nuts in cut scenes and I would immediately change it to the next closest color I could find (in this case, the normal light blue isn't too far off). And then back again after the fix.

As a gesture of good will and apology, I do think it would be nice to offer a small amount of CC -- maybe 20 or 40 -- to everyone that had purchased the blue eyes. But that would probably set a precedent that Bioware may not like, considering how many bugs like this happen. For example, people who bought the shaggy hairstyle and then noticed it had horrible physics issues, so changed back to their old hairstyle. Or people who bought the pigtails style and then had to change their hair color to a darker one to achieve the same shade they had before due to apparent texture (?) problems. Etc, etc.

I do wish they had better quality control when it comes to bugs that can mess with our characters' looks. :(

Edited by Gwena

I had originally purchased the Bright Blue Eyes to use when creating a female scoundrel, then Bioware broke them with a patch they applied and gave my scoundrel brown eyes. I put up with that color while eagerly awaiting Bioware to fix the issue. Now that they have "fixed" the problem, I thought Bioware would be reapplying the bright blue eyes to my toon, but no, instead Bioware expects me to spend 20 cartel coins to change them back to the eye color she was created with. That is wrong Bioware!!

I have 3 characters that all had the bright blue eyes. Suddenly they all turned brown, and now I'm supposed to spend cartel coins to change them back to bright blue again?! I don't like paying for the same thing twice. :mad:

I haven't read the whole of this thread - but let me just see if I'm correct:

BW introduced a new customisation for characters with a cost - CC I'm assuming.

Like all customisations once you've purchased you then need to spend my CC to apply them.

So all you peeps purchased the customisation and applied them - at a CC cost.

BW messed up and the customisation was removed.

BW give you the customisation back - at no cost of course.

However you now need to re-spend the CC to have the customisation applied to your characters?

Congratulations BW - nicely done!

You've learnt the first rule of profit. First you charge real money for pixels - serious mark-up there. But when you get bored of that, you take away the purchased pixels and make people buy them again!

Top stuff!

Edited by Stoofa

I send recently a ticket ingame to change my characters eye colors back to the previously bought CM-Blue ones. The only reply I got after 13 days that it was send to bug report.

I haven't seen the eyes buy-able in the shop yet either, only that I could change it back with the image designer for 20cc, and my wild guess is that there might still be an issue/bug about it.

Perhaps thats why there is no real answer of anyone 'official' concerning paying 20cc for each character (again).

• 1 month later...