Galactic mythology

Solitudus

Hello everybody,

I am interested mostly in the overall galactic mythology, like the Infinite Empire and such, forgotten and ancient technologies and races, not as much in the politics between Empire and Republic.

Which class would you recommend for me with the best approach to such lore, which locations, skills, planets, professions etc. Where to start and where head to? Any suggestion is welcome, thank you in advance.

Hello everybody,

I am interested mostly in the overall galactic mythology, like the Infinite Empire and such, forgotten and ancient technologies and races, not as much in the politics between Empire and Republic.

Which class would you recommend for me with the best approach to such lore, which locations, skills, planets, professions etc. Where to start and where head to? Any suggestion is welcome, thank you in advance.

You eventually come across galactic history either way. The only class that is directly tied to ancient history so far as I am aware of it is the Sith Inquisitor - Inquisitors get a pretty interesting companion in that regard. What I would suggest is keep collecting Matrix Shards. Each unlocks a codex entry on Galactic History. (If that does not say anything to you: http://www.swtor-spy.com/guides/matrix-cube-guide/1047/ Some of them are a pain to acquire, especially those on Corruscant, but once you're done with it, you will likely have a much better understanding of the jump and move mechanics.)

More info on the companion I previously mentioned. This is obviously a spoiler:

http://www.swtor.com/holonet/companions/khem-val

Edited by Rabenschwinge

On the Empire side - probably Inquisitor, her/his class storyline doesn't deal exclusively with that sort of things but I believe it is far more present than any of the other class stories - the class story on Belsavis certainly comes to mind.

Off the top of my head, I would also say check out the following planetary stories:

Nar Shaddaa (in the second or third area, there is an imperial officer who mentions that they're trying to access an area that has been destroying all the droids / killing all the troops they send in)

Tatooine

Belsavis

Voss

Also, the reoccurring Gree Event, the Eternity Vault operation, and the Terror from Beyond operation.