Suggestion: Please made conquest points reward for GSF similar to ground PvP

Bolo_Yeung

In quite a few matches we can see a bunch of conquest farner pilots, queuing and doing nothing (or even crashing into asteroids because it makes the match end faster) What is the reason? Practically no reward for *winning* a match or *doing* something, in most conquest week we have just 500 points for finishing a match and 1000 for weekly (once).

The ground PvP was using similar rewards in the beginning of Conquest, but now the price for attending a match was lowered and winning - raised... why not to do sometinng like this in GSF as well? Maybe it would help to lower the reward for attending a match to 250 points, place 'dominate the stars' target in every conquest week, giving 500 points for 1 win... (instead of 10 wins for 1000) and place "Medal of Bravery" in non-repeating targets... maybe also add another target like 'destrou 200 enemy ships' - with rewars similar to 'Death Mark' PvP non repeating targets.

This way people 'i am only for conquest here' would at least try to help in match... instead of just doing nothing.

Yes, this should be changed. The problem is mostly that the games required are too boolean. It should reward you some points for a win, nothing for a loss... but it should also reward you for performance. The big problem with these incentives is that they often create a situation where you look at a game you think you will lose, and determine that it's faster to hurry the loss. If this decision is rational (and it can be), then it is up to the devs to change the weights and fix the issues.

If it takes N victories to get your Internet Points, or 2N losses, then it should really take 16N losses where you do nothing, 1.5N losses where you play your butt off, 2N victories where you don't do much, or .75N victories where you contribute a lot.

That's the piece missing- performance. A bad player on a good team should finish, but not instantly, a good player on a bad team should finish, but not instantly, a good player on a good team should be rewarded and finish quickly, and a bad player on a bad team should feel bad and have to change something or risk never finishing. Being soft on fail players on fail teams helps nothing except encouraging wallderps.

Note you CAN report self destructors- though I don't normally report the conquest SD guys, who are a small minority who don't normally gum the game up.

If they just made the "Medal of Bravery" objective available whenever GSF objectives are, it would largely resolve the issue. Then you are motivated to play your hardest every match, regardless if whether your team is doomed to lose or destined to win.

Each and every time MOB has been available, I've had more fun in GSF than any other time.

If they just made the "Medal of Bravery" objective available whenever GSF objectives are, it would largely resolve the issue. Then you are motivated to play your hardest every match, regardless if whether your team is doomed to lose or destined to win.

Each and every time MOB has been available, I've had more fun in GSF than any other time.

I went ahead and mailed the above request to Tait. Maybe he'll forward it onto devs. He has responded to my mails before, and he is responsible for guild feedback, and Conquest is a guild issue.

I went ahead and mailed the above request to Tait. Maybe he'll forward it onto devs. He has responded to my mails before, and he is responsible for guild feedback, and Conquest is a guild issue.

Thanks Nemarus. This is a big problem on the Shadowlands. It seems like every match is 8 vs. 6 and I don't enjoy either side of that. That's mainly why I started a new legacy on the Ebon Hawk. I've been getting my face pushed in on the Ebon Hawk, but at least everyone is trying.

Thanks Nemarus. This is a big problem on the Shadowlands. It seems like every match is 8 vs. 6 and I don't enjoy either side of that. That's mainly why I started a new legacy on the Ebon Hawk. I've been getting my face pushed in on the Ebon Hawk, but at least everyone is trying.

Which side?

If you fly with Eclipse Squadron on Imperial side, you will generally do well... unless Evgeni or myself is flying pub alts that moment :)

The problem with Medal Of Bravery is that it makes a difference only for good pilots. Typical conquest farmer will get (assuming a little skill and good effort) maybe 5 medals for a match; that means 1000 points (equivalent of 2 matches played) every 10 matches. The difference is not that much, sabotaging a match to end faster - or just doing nothing - still seems a good option....

Even with pretty good pilot with average 12-13 medals per match, it is still 150% of 'doing nothing' ... contrary to ground PvP 300%.

Which side?

If you fly with Eclipse Squadron on Imperial side, you will generally do well... unless Evgeni or myself is flying pub alts that moment :)

Unless I'm mistaken, he's called Elara-Dorne and flies Imp side. There's an umlaut in there somewhere, but don't remember on which vowel he put it.

Also, I have the feeling you've left out a couple people who sometimes fly pub side there ;)

Unless I'm mistaken, he's called Elara-Dorne and flies Imp side. There's an umlaut in there somewhere, but don't remember on which vowel he put it.

Also, I have the feeling you've left out a couple people who sometimes fly pub side there ;)

I would add Sriia--she seems to be too much for many Imperials to handle, and she definitely multiplies the effectiveness of her team if they are at all competent. But most of the time they aren't, and she seems frustrated.

TEH Republic has some occasional tourist elites drop by, but I haven't seen any of the old regulars much lately. Republic has a lot of solid veterans, but honestly, I would expect people who regularly post on this forum to carry against them. Whereas Empire has both Eclipse Squadron and a crop of new veterans and aces.

I've been playing a lot on pub side the last two weeks (to try and help balance) and unless we are against Imperial 2-shippers or I have Sriia, Evgeni, or other Nova Squadron pilots with me, I have to carry most of the time.

Though I fully admit my perception is based entirely on my own windows of playtime, and I mean no offense to anyone. :)

The problem with Medal Of Bravery is that it makes a difference only for good pilots. Typical conquest farmer will get (assuming a little skill and good effort) maybe 5 medals for a match; that means 1000 points (equivalent of 2 matches played) every 10 matches. The difference is not that much, sabotaging a match to end faster - or just doing nothing - still seems a good option....

Even with pretty good pilot with average 12-13 medals per match, it is still 150% of 'doing nothing' ... contrary to ground PvP 300%.

In Domination, it is quite easy to get a handful of medals. Taking part in initial capture of nodes during the landrusg, and then hanging out near your team's held nodes, will get you quite a few. And if you're a bomber, you will get assist, kill, and damage medals too.

In TDM, it is harder, and a conquest farmer does have more power to hasten a match ending by suiciding. But still, you can get a lot of medals just by spamming Ion Railgun or building a minefort. Throw in Repair Drone to fix damage you inflict on yourself by nudging rocks, and you can still get a handful of medals easily. Each medal is worth 20 Conquest points, 35-40 assuming decent stronghold bonus. Given that GSF queues aren't instant or guaranteed on any server, I think that in most cases, it would be more productive to go for medals than self destruct.

Which side?

I've played both sides on TEH. The first match was a wargame on a weak Imperial team against a strong Imperial team and it ended up something like 50-6.

In Domination, it is quite easy to get a handful of medals. Taking part in initial capture of nodes during the landrusg, and then hanging out near your team's held nodes, will get you quite a few. And if you're a bomber, you will get assist, kill, and damage medals too.

In TDM, it is harder, and a conquest farmer does have more power to hasten a match ending by suiciding. But still, you can get a lot of medals just by spamming Ion Railgun or building a minefort. Throw in Repair Drone to fix damage you inflict on yourself by nudging rocks, and you can still get a handful of medals easily. Each medal is worth 20 Conquest points, 35-40 assuming decent stronghold bonus. Given that GSF queues aren't instant or guaranteed on any server, I think that in most cases, it would be more productive to go for medals than self destruct.

It is easy to get a few medals, but these guys on the Shadowlands put up all zeroes every match. Zero objective points, zero medals, zero shots fired, match after match. They spawn a few times, fly straight without boost until they fly into an asteroid or get blown up. I guess they are either bots or one or two guys multi-boxing.

I've seen other guys intentionally self-destruct in TDM to speed up the match, but that's relatively rare, because it doesn't really save that much time.

That's right, Elara-dörne on the imp side on TEH. One of these days, I'll try to think of a creative name :)

I flew a couple of times on the Shadowlands on Monday (when there are no conquest points). Those conquest farmers / bots still showed up in GSF!!!

Not only that. I started seeing similar thing on other servers.

This can eventually drive people away from GSF.

• 4 weeks later...

Conquest Farmers are a real problem on IMP side shadowlands, There is a guild in particular that is doing it because the hate GSF. That is their only reason, they are bored and trolling. (I am Kilrathi-oren) I simply stick to premades or run on pub side now, hopefully running into a few friends from my Imp side guild for a real challenge.

I however deffinetly agree there should be some changes to conquest points for GSF, make it objective, kill or win based instead of match based, or the farmers will keep showing up.

Conquest Farmers are a real problem on IMP side shadowlands, There is a guild in particular that is doing it because the hate GSF. That is their only reason, they are bored and trolling.

If you have proof of that, I highly suggest you include it with a support ticket to CS. That's a violation of the rules of conduct:

"Do anything that interferes with the ability of other Service users to enjoy playing Star Wars: The Old Republic and using the Service in accordance with its rules, or that materially increases the expense or difficulty of EA in maintaining the Service for the enjoyment of all its users."

"Harassment consists of misuse and/or abuse of game mechanics and verbal harassment with the intention of distressing and offending other players. Game mechanics allow players to interact with the world and each other. For example, the ability to block a doorway is a game mechanic. Use of game mechanics like these is by no means considered harassment in and of itself. The key to determining whether the mechanic is being misused or abused is to determine "intent." Reported incidents are not considered harassment until it is determined by the SWTOR CS that it was done to intentionally to cause distress or to offend other players."

Whether CS will actually bite on that is on them, of course. But if it was said in game, then there are chat logs that CS can refer to.

(For reference, there was a GSF "AFKer" that did disappear after a while. Not sure if he got bored or was banned. He did use use various slurs to insult a wide variety of racial and national groups, so if he was banned it was probably for that and not the similar "don't contribute, but be sure to exploit the GSF AFK system so you don't get kicked" behavior. He did contribute marginally more sometimes, at least.)

These people have been reported multiple (and by multiple I mean hundreds) of times including screenshots for well over six months, but alas it still continues to be an issue.:mad:

It is sad that this nonsense has continued this long.

I agree with Mintas, we as a community have been reporting and I have even gone so far as to represent Kilrathi squadron in a guild meeting for the guild in question. They have "Cracked down" on it on their end, However it seems our tickets and suck are ignored. An easy solution would be, make GSF rewards different for conquest.