Nerf roll

vlincent

You take away those speed buffs and all you're going to do is make melee unplayable. If my sin gets hit by a knockback by a ranged I have exactly two options; burn my one minute cooldown Whirlwind or use force speed. Let's take force speed away, then all I have is a single 30m CC on a one minute cooldown. So then what if he has a dot on him? Well then it's GG sin because the moment I get hit by that knockback I'm completely helpless to fight back without any ability to get back into melee range.

As for roll, it's fine. Sure, it's annoying. You know what else is annoying as all get out? Electro net. Yeah there are times I get a good prediction and manage to roll resist it but that's rare, and for some reason my shroud doesn't resist the application anymore like it used to pre-3.0. Besides, roll is the single only "strong" cooldown concealment has, leave it be.

not at all dude. not at all. and I think you may have missed the part where I said force speed should be the limit. for example, all PTs have a closer (grapple). all warriors have a closer (leap - although tying that to resource gen in problematic to a degree). sins have BOTH stealth and force speed. PTs still have HTL to counter punts. I'm saying take away the ridiculous stuff like PT super speed utility, mara super speed utility, scrapper roll on a crazy short cd.

dudes only have one punt. part of the game is getting them to punt without having to burn your primary closer and vice versa.

I'm not sure ya'll get what I'm getting at. I'm not saying take away his toy but I keep mine. I'm saying (almost) every class has something stupidly broken about it regarding movement speed or immunity.

I'm not saying op roll has to go. I'm saying it shouldn't be fundamentally different from force speed. and I don't really care that it's an immunity BUT they can also purge with dodge/evasion AND the concealment/scrapper roll is on way too short a cd.

regarding my "no offense but you're a merc" -ness....I can kill or escape from just about anyone...but an op. you've given them essentially full immunity while rolling. so 1) can't run away and 2) can't kill. how about take the dmg immunity (*resist* *resist* *resist*) off of the ability and give them something reasonable like a DR while in roll? I mean...honestly, if it's going to have the kind of uptime that it does, it shouldn't simply "absorb/dodge" entire attacks (hence the "kinda like a shroud on every roll" - that's more than 5% of shroud's utility + they have a purge of their own ;) )

edit: sorry. missed the enet comment. that's annoying once. once. long cd. it's not roll roll. wait 10-20s. roll roll. ad nauseum. how many rolls between enets? I don't think it's comparable. but replace it with another dcd or mechanic. something more traditional? ok. sure. get rid of the crazy speed buffs? I'll do that. give the op a stronger hot. I don't care. that's fair.

edit2: I'm not actually "hot" about this issue. if pvp were full of ops the way it was of smashers or is of sins, I'd be irate. but there's few enough of them for it just to be a stupid mechanic rather than game breaking. and, as I said, I'm opposed to the "arms race" of speed buffs, CCs and CC immunities across the board.

Edited by foxmob

not at all dude. not at all. and I think you may have missed the part where I said force speed should be the limit. for example, all PTs have a closer (grapple). all warriors have a closer (leap - although tying that to resource gen in problematic to a degree). sins have BOTH stealth and force speed. PTs still have HTL to counter punts. I'm saying take away the ridiculous stuff like PT super speed utility, mara super speed utility, scrapper roll on a crazy short cd.

Stopped reading there.

To me it just sounds like the common QQ of players wanting all classes to have very similar abilities in order to tone down so-called "broken" abilities. YET that would move them closer and closer to making all specs play exactly the same, which would just be the most terrible thing imaginable = Very boring game.

Creating balance and attempting to create unique playable classes, advanced classes and specs are diametrically opposed. TBH I would rather each spec have one broken ability rather than have every class be exactly the same but just with different animations.

op has great 1v1 in skilled hands but are **** at aoe....

Sure if they could roll>Force Storm>roll>Force Storm then yeah they would be broken. But as it stands I don't think so.

To me it just sounds like the common QQ of players wanting all classes to have very similar abilities in order to tone down so-called "broken" abilities. YET that would move them closer and closer to making all specs play exactly the same, which would just be the most terrible thing imaginable = Very boring game.

Creating balance and attempting to create unique playable classes, advanced classes and specs are diametrically opposed. TBH I would rather each spec have one broken ability rather than have every class be exactly the same but just with different animations.

op has great 1v1 in skilled hands but are **** at aoe....

Sure if they could roll>Force Storm>roll>Force Storm then yeah they would be broken. But as it stands I don't think so.

What are you talking about....we have carbine burst :rolleyes: ...just kidding.

Each spec has their own unique abilities. Roll would be broken if it was uncounterable, but there are two very easy ways to counter it, but people refuse to accept that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.