So I moved a toon to the Harbinger

Jinre_the_Jedi

Take my advice, anyone planning on moving from Bastion to Harbinger will be wasting their money. The pops are 30 minutes apart, there's like 2-3 full instances of the fleet during primetime but if you /who Orbital Arena Square Canyon, you'll see that despite 3 fleet instances, there's no ranked games going on.

I'm not sure what people were thinking when they said Harbinger was the place to be for ranked :confused:, #Bastion4Lyfe

Time for me to come back home <3

Take my advice, anyone planning on moving from Bastion to Harbinger will be wasting their money. The pops are 30 minutes apart, there's like 2-3 full instances of the fleet during primetime but if you /who Orbital Arena Square Canyon, you'll see that despite 3 fleet instances, there's no ranked games going on.

I'm not sure what people were thinking when they said Harbinger was the place to be for ranked :confused:, #Bastion4Lyfe

Time for me to come back home <3

Yeah I just transferred one of my ops to the harbinger to try it out since I had 5 ops/scoundrels on the bastion. Have to say I like the bastion better. Glad I only transferred 1 toon.

I have often said that Harbinger is a great place for REGS. It is not ideal for Ranked at all.

I have often said that Harbinger is a great place for REGS. It is not ideal for Ranked at all.

This.

Most of my toons are on the harbinger. I actually transferred a few over here specifically for ranked. Ranked is definitely better over here.

A lot of players from the Harbinger actually came over to the Bastion in the last few weeks. Queues are drying out.

There are virtually no trolls on the Harbinger, only the occassional lost pve'er. Most nights there are about 2 games going at once max, so you wind up fighting the same people for however long you are in the queue.

Bastion is much better, despite the large number of trolls.

Edited by Jimmajamma

I don't recall anyone ever advertising harb as a server for solo ranked. Before 3.0 Harb had a more active 4s q. I'm not sure there even is a best server for 4s anymore? Tired diatribe about a dead pvp game or something.

Pvp wise Harb is probably the best server to form up tryhard regstar premades since it has a larger group of people q'ing, especially pubside.

I like having characters on both servers personally, but I lvl'd during the 12x xp. Eff paying EA that transfer blood money.

• 3 weeks later...

See i moved my sage from bastion to harbringer and i found it to be an incredible increase in activity. Bastion was my home server but i wanted to PvE and Bastion just has no place for it, if there hardcore pvers they werent recruiting and most likely have solid teams that have been running for months. As for PvP, as Pub id have to see pvp is lackluster. Huttball usually ends in a 5-0 (1 if the other team just starts killing instead of running the ball), 4s usually ends in a 3v4 but other maps we did alright.

This could all irrelevant since im talking from a PvE point of view lol.

• 4 weeks later...

I never was big into hoping servers. I usually just built up new characters where I wanted to go. Typically that has worked out. Leveling here and gearing here is not exactly hard. Plus a new perspective on it level similar things in the past. I guess maybe a sentimental value of leveled characters might mean something but the cookie cutter based character design is certainly not unique. Transfers is usually just a waste of time and money.

-Tordo

I was Bastion during season 1; then Harby now a few toons back to Bastion..cant tell a difference personally 'cept regs pop more frequently at all hours of the day on Harby. Obviously due to having a larger number of the Apac community.

I suck at ranked; so regstar it is. But I see the same cancer on bastion as there is on Harb and that is the tryhard premade. Nothing changes it seems; just the locations and some fun new peeps to roll with. Just queue and enjoy either way.

Edited by KingKalbo