Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Kicked for a reason so stupid I had to laugh...

Ghisallo

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was tanking once. This one sin DPS runs off from the group. Pulls mobs. Dies. Initiates kick 'tank doesn't follow group.' I get kicked. I was wutting for several minutes straight.

Standard child's tactic they **** up and blame someone else for it. I might have been pissed for a minute or two but in the end I'd realize they did me a favor by kicking me.

No repair bill from who knows how many wipes. ;):p

I was tanking once. This one sin DPS runs off from the group. Pulls mobs. Dies. Initiates kick 'tank doesn't follow group.' I get kicked. I was wutting for several minutes straight.
this sounds like it requires context.

i've kicked tanks for not pulling fast enough; perhaps the group was tired of how slowly you were progressing.

this sounds like it requires context.

i've kicked tanks for not pulling fast enough; perhaps the group was tired of how slowly you were progressing.

I wasn't chain-pulling but I wasn't slouching either. Damn KDY spoiled kiddies, amirite?

The people flexing the ol' epeen in this thread are the reason the game has so little population. No end gamers from REAL content clearers are going to put up with the kiddies playing "big fish in a little pool."

You are the self fulfilling prophecy.....

I wasn't chain-pulling but I wasn't slouching either. Damn KDY spoiled kiddies, amirite?
i can understand if you didnt want to play a certain way or saw it otherwise, im just saying that if they voted you out then they likely felt you were going to slow for them.

im not sure calling them kdy kiddies changes any of that.

The people flexing the ol' epeen in this thread are the reason the game has so little population. No end gamers from REAL content clearers are going to put up with the kiddies playing "big fish in a little pool."

You are the self fulfilling prophecy.....

Joke's on you, I can't be made angry. I'm always angry.

i can understand if you didnt want to play a certain way or saw it otherwise, im just saying that if they voted you out then they likely felt you were going to slow for them.

Meh. Their loss.

I personally wouldn't want to be in a group with a DPS Sin who thinks he's good enough to pull multiple enemies and tank them over an actual tank. It's one thing if you're a tank specced Sin but a DPS will never out tank a true tank.

I personally wouldn't want to be in a group with a DPS Sin who thinks he's good enough to pull multiple enemies and tank them over an actual tank. It's one thing if you're a tank specced Sin but a DPS will never out tank a true tank.
i dont disagree with you but desperate times, desperate measures.

if your tank is taking too long then he felt desperate enough to pull. i've certainly done this before. harder to do in the lvl 60 hms tho these days.

if your tank is taking too long then he felt desperate enough to pull. i've certainly done this before. harder to do in the lvl 60 hms tho these days.

So what you're saying is, you're part of the problem?

I play only tanks and healers, and this is the way I work it.

Once I zone in, first thing I check is the gear, especially if we pull Manaan, Blood Hunt or Rishi. The other HM's are mostly doable with so-so gear. If we do pull one of the aforementioned, and one of the dps'ers, and rarely tanks/heals are not geared, I'll mention in chat, "insert name, you are not geared for this". If they refuse to exit on their own, I will initiate a vote kick. If that person is not voted out, I explain in chat why I'm exiting.

The way I've always looked at this is simple. I make sure before I step a foot into a HM or OP, I make sure I'm at the gear requirement and completely augmented.

Long story short, I refuse to waste my time and credits on something that will not be completed.

OP - You were probably better off being kicked, appears the people that kicked you were clueless.

So what you're saying is, you're part of the problem?
depends from which pov.

unbearably slow tanks are a bigger problem than overzealous dps in my opinion. and if someone else agrees with me in the grp then...*poof* byebye tank.

And then you ask why tanks/healers don't queue.

One Sentinel got killed today in KDY because everyone was just "hurry up we don't have whole day". Do you even understand what that does to healer. Seeing dps going down and you can't help. I did warn about my bad healing at the beginning. Almost got kicked because of that.

Edited by Halinalle

depends from which pov.

unbearably slow tanks are a bigger problem than overzealous dps in my opinion. and if someone else agrees with me in the grp then...*poof* byebye tank.

And we wonder why tanks and heals don't quue for FPs :rolleyes:

If the DPS is pulling this poop and trying tank usually the healer whispers me saying this person needs to go and we remove him and only after I told them to stop and they didn't respond.

Side note: Have only been kicked once for Cademiue at lv 20 because they wanted a gear piece for the other DPS of same role but that was a while ago. Now, my gear is usually better than theirs so are my achievs. :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.