The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

No Unload, no problem?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not a false claim. not everyone plays this game to do end game. Your comment smacks of elitism and narrow mindedness. Unload was a core ability for MANY players who couldn't give a flop about endgame and 'rotations' etc. It was one of the only abilities that allows PTs to use their gun and helped give a certain feel to the class. You have to remember that just because you think end game should dictate what happens to classes doesn't mean everyone agrees with you. Besides end game in swtor is a fairly laughable joke, so no matter what they remove, it wont take away from that fact. However taking something away from a group of players who obviously have an attachment to it? yeah not the smartest choice. They should have adapted the ability to be more suitable. For example: they want to increase mobility? Make unload castable while moving (think of abilities such as force choke etc). Don't just get rid of it. That is just lazy.

I believe there is a utility that allowed (now that it is now pointless) you to use Unload while moving under the Heroic section but yes, you are correct. Like I said before, I don't care if they nerf the ability or turn it off in certain instances but they didn't need to take it away altogether. Not to mention that it's not even being remedied with a replacement ability. My PT is currently at lvl 57 and can do without Unload for the time being but my Vangaurd is lvl 37 and I can't honestly say the same for him.

/facepalm.

I have zero frikking issues with PTs using unload, especially since you can do 95% of the content in this game without needing to utilize the class properly.

I do have issues with people coming onto the forums and making statements that imply that unload was a important ability. The common interpretation of "core ability" is a ability that is the foundation of the class. Unload never was a core ability, and saying that you have a different definition of what defines a "core" ability is meaningless since the only thing that matters is what the average reader defines a "core" ability as.

you can like the ability for aesthetics, but to imply that it is a "core" ability because its nice aesthetically, is completely false.

Edited by Zoom_VI

His problem is that whatsisface over there was inadvertantly implying that unload was a lot more important than it really was, which someone new to the forums may read as truth and join the unload bandwagon before having all the facts.

Zhana, Bane, Ravage, Marr, Thanaton.

/facepalm.

I have zero frikking issues with PTs using unload, especially since you can do 95% of the content in this game without needing to utilize the class properly.

I do have issues with people coming onto the forums and making statements that imply that unload was a important ability. The common interpretation of "core ability" is a ability that is the foundation of the class. Unload never was a core ability, and saying that you have a different definition of what defines a "core" ability is meaningless since the only thing that matters is what the average reader defines a "core" ability as.

you can like the ability for aesthetics, but to imply that it is a "core" ability because its nice aesthetically, is completely false.

So you are literally arguing the fact that the chose the term "core" or "core ability" because other players have established a different meaning to it? Really? It's still their opinion.... opinions are neither right nor wrong. To try to argue for either side or the latter is just foolish. Or in your case find something irrelevant and get hung up on it because your crowd of people *cough* elitists *cough* consider it something different. That's like trying to tell Japan that Anime is a cartoon and that they are wrong for calling it Anime. *chuckles* let me put on my tin foil hat and watch this. :p

So you are literally arguing the fact that the chose the term "core" or "core ability" because other players have established a different meaning to it? Really? It's still their opinion.... opinions are neither right nor wrong. To try to argue for either side or the latter is just foolish. Or in your case find something irrelevant and get hung up on it because your crowd of people *cough* elitists *cough* consider it something different. That's like trying to tell Japan that Anime is a cartoon and that they are wrong for calling it Anime. *chuckles* let me put on my tin foil hat and watch this. :p

The only problem is opinions can be demonstrably incorrect.

Are you so bored that you are trying to justify being an elitist in putting other people's opinions down? Really? Thank God I didn't take my tin foil hat off. Again I will say, where is the logic in questioning someone's preference in an ability if said ability is no longer available? FYI, this is a rhetorical question.

FYI, this is a rhetorical question.

I don't care.

Are you so bored that you are trying to justify being an elitist in putting other people's opinions down? Really? Thank God I didn't take my tin foil hat off. Again I will say, where is the logic in questioning someone's preference in an ability if said ability is no longer available?

You are a child. When told that you're wrong you flail your arms about, and yell 'BUT IT'S MUH OPINION' like that's some sort of impervious shield that will protect you from your own incorrectness. And when told exactly why

you're wrong, you plug your ears and yell LALALALALA. People like you are a cancer to gameplay, and the forums.

Thank God I didn't take my tin foil hat off.

You're not even trying.

I don't have to try... you're making it easy for me. You are the only one on here arguing over opinions. And in all honesty, no one cares what you think. Elitists are just annoying pests that try their hardest to ruin fun in games and who think they are more important then what they actually are. Every time you open your mouth to speak people just sigh and pat you on the head saying "there there, it's okay, if you say I am great enough times, maybe, just maybe, one day, someone will care."

Edited by Razdek

I don't have to try... you're making it easy for me. You are the only one on here arguing over opinions. And in all honesty, no one cares what you think. Elitists are just annoying pests that try their hardest to ruin fun in games and who think they are more important then what they actually are. Every time you open your mouth to speak people just sigh and pat you on the head saying "there there, it's okay, if you say I am great enough times, maybe, just maybe, one day, someone will care."

Irrelevant ad hominem. And a little hypocritical.

that would only be your opinion... which is demonstrably incorrect

Except if you can demonstrate that opinions cannot be demonstrably incorrect, then by that logic you cannot prove that opinions are not demonstrably incorrect, which negates the grounds of your original argument.

Your statement is a paradox.

Firstly I'd like to thank Razdek and Gameverseman for being legends. Secondly I'd like to address the the word "core". Now when I said it was my core ability I mean't it was the most used ability I had. I had a certain rotation and unload was the "filler" as you would say. When ever my tank abilities were on cooldown I would use unload. I would use it at range or point blank, It made no difference. The best part was it would lock on to the target and actually turned my character in the enemies direction which was so damn handy. To everyone who think that every tank who uses unload is not playing the class right then I say you are absolutely wrong. I had everything timed right, I would put out some good damage and tanking in pvp because of it. I'd easily be able to get in the top 4 players in any match. Don't get me wrong its not a op ability but its sure as hell better then rapid shots. Its main purpose for me was to be able to time the rest of my abilities right. Pressing the abilities for my rotation was like second nature after doing it for 46 levels and now that they've removed unload its taken a serious toll on my gameplay. Where I'd normally use unload to wait for cooldowns I now find myself having to spam rapid shots instead and now it feels really unco when I play. :( Its a big fat mess on biowares part or who ever is coming up with these **** ideas.

My point is simply this whether you used unload or not, no skill should ever be removed unless it is so overpowered that it unbalances the game. This is a "RPG" as in roll playing. I play on a RP server and could care less about min/maxing or best gear or top scores. It's about the roll playing for me and from that point of view what bounty hunter is going to carry a blaster pistol and not whip it out and "unload" on someone.

Next point if we as a player base allow skills to be removed without a really good reason sooner or later they will remove a skill you do care about and you will have no ground to stand on because you allowed it in the past.

Never ever felt the need to post on this forum untill now, and i have been playing swtor since day 1.

Removing full-auto/unload is just a sad move, you got it at start and had such a cool animation, besides made all sense since the main reason to choose an AC over a light-saber class is to pew pew pew.

Now if end-game or pvp lvl60 is getting unbalanced because of some Op rotation burst, makes all sense to level the output, but removing the option, well its just gimps the usefullness of the maingun. I read all sorts of "use this, l2p, do better" some have a point, some just spam-attention, but in the end, all i want is the cool animation. No super-rotation, super-burst can make my laugh as i did when i got point-blank to a baddie and unloaded the rifle.

That said, i would urge BW to be creative and use the already-there animation and call it "point-blank, discharge" or anything that gets me that sweet laugh again, and make it really close, like 5m. That would make sense, even in role, since if you see a guy with a lightsaber closing in on you, you definetly unload the gun. Mechanics wise, im sure BW knows how to make it work, even if in end content you get better options.

Just get me the animation so i can shoot the rifle as intended, i want to pew pew pew :D

pretty lame. mostly from a pvp perspective. YES i understand that PT dps and tanking is a melee spec and should be up between 4m and 8m, but in pvp there's a billion and a half knockbacks and roots. unload was great in pvp while i was focusing the healing sorc for instance and he hits that knockback with the talent that roots you to the ground for several seconds afterwards.

the sorc will generally run away now while i'm stuck to the floor and cannot follow; unload was wonderful to where i could at least pressure a small bit while waiting for the root to wear off so i could follow again to continue pressure. now i can either spam auto shot or minimize the game and surf the net while I'm rooted and cc'd.

it's not like you spend 75% of the time in pvp rooted or knocked back or cc'd. .... oh, wait....

ps - it was also highly useful while leveling since you got it relatively off the bat and a fair number of your other skills don't fill in until the 40s and 50s

Edited by Feztonio

Can we have a wristblaster for Powertechs now, so that we actually only fight with our armor? We could even get a new ability that some enemys already have called "Wrist blaster burst" or something.

Vanguards could get an actual Arcthrower or a grenade launcher. :D