HM Torque, when to send repair droid?

Hi guys, just as the title say, what is your timing?

We are stuck on him for last two weeks and as we are finnaly getting the hang of positioning and add killing stuff repair droids quite often wont repair the consoles for us leading to wipe.

We are doing it this way:

1. Console - wait for turret and start channeling when its almost down.

2. Console - channel immediatly when he breaks it.

3. Console - wait for turret ( rather long here but when we send him right away the laser will spawn too soon.

4. Console - usualy send him right away

And we had 5th and 6th maybe twice so mostly improvise here :)

Any tips appreciated :)

Also whats ur average dps on the fight? We are all sitting around 3,5k with the exception of our sage Quaking 4.2+

Edited by spudik

Well I only have tanked this so far, but from what I know, basically kill al turrets, shoots lasers, and, if there in the way from the droide spwan to the broken console, fire devices and summon a droid.

You can also just ignore the first one and summon two droids when two consoles are broken. But in doing this you risk wiping if one or both droids bug out and chose to repair a healer instead ;)

Turrets won't attack the droid only Laser and Fire device... Our problem is the window between the 2 lasers and more specificaly if the 2nd Console channel should go right away or just wait for turret...

The droid will "bug" and go for healer only if he is out too early and don't have the console to repair.

Edited by spudik

While tanking I try to call for when I think a good time would be for someone to repair. For example, shoots lasers/fire device just spawned not too long ago and the DPS have gotten it down to 20-30k which we can easily finish off during the 2s channel+walking time it takes the droid to get to the console. Your clickers will also generally get used to the timing of the fight as well, seeing as the fight follows a set pattern and the only random parts about it are fire/add spawn locations. So your group should be getting used to this and figuring out when it's their turn when a droid should generally be safe to spawn also.

Our group summons the repair droid immediately after Wookie Rage, unless we know there is a turret about to spawn. If that is the case then we will usually wait a bit and then summon the droid while shoot lasers is getting killed since there is usually enough time during the channel.

If all else fails just have the off tank stand in front of shoot lasers and hope for the best.

As for dps numbers our group usually gets around 3.8k dps if they are single target and our sorc that is on the turrets does 4.8k-5k dps.

The droid will "bug" and go for healer only if he is out too early and don't have the console to repair.

HAHAHAHA, best joke I have seen all day.

But seriously I have seen him ignore a console for a healer many times before. In my group I am the first on the panel and the droid is only summoned after the first Wookie Rage (it's pretty hard to stuff up the first one) and I have had him bug many many times on me.

First of all, you need to know that the boss will always destroy the console closest to him. Make sure to always have him destroy one of the front consoles, that way the repair droid does not have to walk as far and is ~2-3 seconds finished earlier with repairing.

I'm assuming you use Starparse and can see the timers of when he'll destroy the next console. That way, your tanks can move him to the right console in time for his rage.

My group waits until two consoles are destroyed and then sends out both repair droids at the same time. There is a small nook between the button and the elevator, when you stand in there you won't be knocked away. Your cast will still be interrupted but that way you can immediately start casting after the rage.

Make sure that those two players are not using any ability before that so that there GCD is ready. Then, look at the boss' rage cast. Once he finishes the cast, you can already start clicking the console and call the droids. If you do everything correctly, the droids will repair the console ~1 second after the Shoot Laser add spawns, which is just enough so that he cannot kill them yet.

If you have Mercs like Zorz had, you can also use Hold the Line to call the repair droids ~1 second earlier, that is pretty much the easy way out if you have slow clickers. You need to be careful though that your cast finishes after the boss destroyed the console. If you finish the cast and the console is not yet destroyed, the repair droid will bug out.

Like you said, the turrets, while they are targetting the droid, they do not kill it. I am convinced that this is an exploit and therefore my group is not doing this. The turrets are supposed to deal damage, if you just let the repair droid soak it up so that the healers have an easier job, you are exploiting IMO, and I've seen tons of progression guilds doing that in their kill videos. You can still kill the boss without any turrets attacking the repair droid if you are careful enough.

But I digress. For droids 3 and 4, we don't call them immediately after his rage but shortly after the Shoot Laser add is close to dieing. We call 3 and 4 separately, we only call 1 and 2 at the same time.

It is hard to describe the correct time, but you'll know throughout the fight when it is, just watch out for the Shoot Laser add.

And another important thing to note, the Fire Device always spawns under the player who is second in aggro list, so usually the offtank. Therefore, both tanks need to be very careful about their positioning and may not stand in the path between the elevator and a console. If a Fire Device spawns there and a repair droid walks through it, it is no one's fault but the offtank.

3.5k DPS should be enough as long as you have one player with 4.2k DPS and your tanks deal some damage as well. The problem with low DPS is that you'll need to call more repair droids which in the end increases your chances of a wipe but other than that, you'll be fine. I believe my group has roughly the same DPS on this boss.

Hopefully, this will help you. It took my group many tries to finally kill this boss because we constantly had trouble with the repair droids. Once you figure that out, the boss is easy. :)

Edited by Jerba

There's a pattern that you can follow pretty easily with summoning the droids, following that we did notice them bugging a lot less too.

A few pointers:

• Kill Shoots Lasers and Dangerous Fire Devices asap.
  • Failing that you can be a meatshield for the repairdroid against the Shoots Lasers (like the with the spikes from the Kell Drake in the SaV Styrak fight).
  • Torque destroys the closes unbroken console to him, the console that evades the repair droids the less times is the one on the right bottom (if you face the boss at the start).
  • Turrets are not killing the droid.
  • If a healer uses aoe heals during the repairdroid summoning there's a small chance he will agro the droid instead of the console.

So our tactic is tanking Torque in the mid until the first floorvents (and tank switch), then the tanks pull him next to our desired console. He shortly destroys this console. After this a Shoots Lasers spawn, we burn this down asap and pull the boss to the other side. We summon the repairdroid right as the Shoots Lasers die. Then we aoe down the left side (boss, turrets), and when the droid has finished the repair the tanks pull the boss back to the otherside where we clear the turrets again with aoe before the next wookie rage. After the second wookirage we summon the repairdroid immediately, as he Shoots Lasers had been killed recently (due to the spawn timers). On 3rd repair we kill Shoots Lasers first then summon, on 4th we summon right after wookie rage again. You get the pattern I think.

Here's a video of last week, ofc we totally messed up (especially me with the HtL, althoughI blame my splitting headache for that :rolleyes:), but you might get the idea:

Edited by Atyaman

Thx for the replies everyone. Looks like we are spawning them as you then. The thing about the Fire Device is usefull to know and it could help a lot.

And I'm usualy spawning the scnd droid as mando with HtL, definitely helps there :)

We are trying to do only bottom right console but he sometimes break the bottom left too so I guess it could bug out and lead to crash, that and the occasional sleepy droid kill is whats killing us I guess :)

Our best attempt so far was 40% right before the 5th break (3:40 or something) so I guess we are fine with dps there. We'll see how it goes tomorrow :)