Which purple crystal for my Shadow?

shadryx

So the new purple crystals that we are getting for maintaining our subscription come in four flavors: +41 to either Critical, endurance, expertise or power. In your opinion which would be best for a Jedi Shadow of 20th level on Taris who almost always solos all of the storyline?

Cool, thanks, I was thinking either that or crit.

In most cases, choose Power over Crit. That goes for mods while you're leveling, too.

Of course, if you're playing a tanking assassin, then I would put a Power crystal on mainhand and an Endurance crystal on offhand.

If you're doing DPS, Power crystals on both.

I would put +41 power on your offhand and +41 Endurance on your saberstaff. Why? Because +41 Endurance crystals seem to be the most common and you may want to change the color of you lightsaber occasionally, without reducing your power.

In the long run, it doesn't really make much difference. :)

(In PvE you're not going to live or die depending upon what crystal you have. It's like 6 of one and a half dozen of the other - a little more health vs a little more power vs a bit higher crit chance. Not to mention that it may also depend upon what stats you have from other sources such as mods, augments, etc.)

Edited by JediQuaker

I would put +41 power on your offhand and +41 Endurance on your saberstaff. Why? Because +41 Endurance crystals seem to be the most common and you may want to change the color of you lightsaber occasionally, without reducing your power.

In the long run, it doesn't really make much difference. :)

There's only 1 thing more common than +41 Endurance crystals (and by common, I mean cheaply available on the GTN) and that's Expertise crystals.

Just because a crystal is common doesn't make it useful. Endurance is useful for tanks. If you're not playing a tank, though, Power is much more useful. The +41 Power crystals you find on GTN are more expensive because they are more in-demand, so if you want to get a different one it will cost you (fair warning).

So the new purple crystals that we are getting for maintaining our subscription come in four flavors: +41 to either Critical, endurance, expertise or power. In your opinion which would be best for a Jedi Shadow of 20th level on Taris who almost always solos all of the storyline?
Yep if your a Shadow go with the +41 Power one ;)

Endurance is useful for tanks. If you're not playing a tank, though, Power is much more useful. .

I think the term "much more" is a great exaggeration when you consider the relatively small affect that any crystal has on your overall stats.