What's the status on 12xXP?

EllieAnne

I'm sure there are a lot of people like that. It's funny, the big selling point of SWTOR is the story driven experience, yet the story is the most inaccessible element of the game. Endgame is easy -- anyone can get into that. All you need is one max level character, and you're into the endgame. But the story requires leveling multiple characters, repeatedly replaying content, and grinding XP. Accessing story, even for subscribers, has the greatest barrier for entry, and it shouldn't be that way in this game.

I don't think 'inaccessible' is the right word. There's definitely an investment if you want to experience all of the different story lines, but that's really not too different than jumping into the sea of novels that exist for the Star Wars universe.

There are countless books, movies, games, and TV shows for Star Wars. If you try all of them, its gonna take awhile. Should everyone who wants to jump inro that have to read everything? Should they have to watch the movie instead of reading a book?

I think that giving options in the cartel market to choose what speed you want to play at is a good thing. Different people play in different ways, and being able to choose between just core story missions or fully exhausting every single available mission, heroic, and their associated bonus objectives is a good thing. Trying to force everyone to play the same way one person does is not.

A little off topic there. Accessing the story is fairly easy. Completing ALL the story is just a little ridiculous with all the extra content that has to be repeated to reach that completion, but isn't new.

Edited by EliteSeraph

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think 'inaccessible' is the right word. There's definitely an investment if you want to experience all of the different story lines, but that's really not too different than jumping into the sea of novels that exist for the Star Wars universe.

It is different... For every hour of SWTOR story missions, we have to endure ~3 hours of side missions with weaker stories that we've already done before, or Warzone/Flashpoint grinding, etc. So it's like if for every 10 pages of a Star Wars novel that you read you have to read 30 pages of refrigerator manuals.

That leveling process is typical for MMOs, but having a typical leveling process for SWTOR means that the story content is stuck behind a wall of tedious time investment that most people aren't willing to go through.

Edited by Arodin