The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Epic Suggestion!! - Ultimate Full Companion Customizations

Alright I suddenly got the most craziest (and awsome at least for me.) Idea to let everyone have their dream crew.

For example lets say there's people who would love to have some Rakata companion, or some Chiss companion, or any other species that are not companions on any class. Maybe also a Warrior who would prefer to have a female Togruta instead of a Twi'lek or another Human or a non Knight character who would like a Pure Blood companion. Would you like your Mako to be a Miralian?, or even your Aric Jorgan to be a Zabrak?

My suggestion is about making Companion Customization items, that change the species of your companions.

Of course! they must be compatible with the species; Which means characters like Khem Val or Bowdaar or other characters with more mounstrous looking designs wont be able to get the base humanoid appearance. This in order to avoid clipping issues or floating weapon bugs. These companions may stay untouched or may only get customizations that change them into species with similar bodies.

Also would you love to have certain secondary characters that dissapear after a quest or after a story arc ends and you no longer see them as companions? Using companion customizations everything is possible! You may be able to equip them the item that changes their model for the one of any other character from the game. (You may replace your Jaessa, your Ashara or maybe your Kira for Lana Beniko, or your Khem Val, Broonmark and Bowdaar for Jakarro).

If Bioware get to work on this we all could get the crew we all had dream of. Please if you love this idea let everyone know by replying to this thread so the devs know that the players want this to be implemented and have them at least add it to their "To do" list and consider it for a future patch or cartel packs. :)

I requested something similar to this about a year ago at a cantina event. The dev I spoke to thought it was an interesting idea, but that simply they had more important stuff to work on. I'm paraphrasing obviously as it was a long time ago. My specific request was to allow users to to customize the appearance of a companion, via the appearance designer, including species changes on the companions.

I requested something similar to this about a year ago at a cantina event. The dev I spoke to thought it was an interesting idea, but that simply they had more important stuff to work on. I'm paraphrasing obviously as it was a long time ago. My specific request was to allow users to to customize the appearance of a companion, via the appearance designer, including species changes on the companions.

This is what I'd like.